General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 AM

Default Happy Day

We had talked about the KJV and the translation issue during Sunday School last Sunday. I got to share what I know about some of the differences between the modern versions and the KJV. We had a long discussion that morning. Even though I don't know much about the manuscript evidence behind the KJV, I know and believe this is the Bible God had preserved for us. After church, I sent my sister and brother-in-law, who were also there for the disussion, the links to translation comparisons and an online book "Let's Weigh the Evidence" and left them be. I prayed for God to lead them. And this morning, my sister emailed me asking me to help her get a KJB!! God is good.
Thanks George for providing the links to the charts and to Luke for providing the post on Jer. 3:1(I showed them this verse during our discussion).
Please keep praying for them and for those present at the discussion. I don't think anyone has talked to them about the preserved Word before til last Sunday. I love to see them all switch over to KJV.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-21-2009, 09:50 AM

That is a happy day, I rejoice with you! They definately need God's pure word, they will only gain limited godly wisdom, knowledge, and understanding without it, which means their Christian growth & service is severely stunted.

Hearing about Christians 'converting' over to the KJB is nearly as good a news as hearing about souls being saved, praise God.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 AM

The most important thing for you now is to be very patient when guiding other believers into learning about the need to use the KJB. Much harm can be done if the subject is approached without much prayer and patience.

Also, be careful about not being a wedge separating the church. If the pastor or other spiritual leaders in this church are not supportive of you, or resist your ideas, it will cause division. Difficult choices must then be made. Again, much prayer and patience.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 AM

Hi Matt, thanks. the spiritual warfare is very strong in the area of the Word of God for believers. There are so much mis-information on the KJV and modern translation that favors the new translations. I am glad one more person now sees the truth of it all.

Again, much prayer and patience. Thanks for the counsel Tim. Since I am not one of the leaders of this ministry, I have been patient. So far, God has given me favor in the eyes of these precious people who are listening. They will have to make their own decisions ultimately. I see myself as a helper to those who want more information. The work continues...
Old 04-21-2009, 03:31 PM

Hey Brother, great news, praise the Lord.

I trust that having your new KJB has given you the added zeal and refreshed eyes for Gods words we talked about?

I am glad to see you sincerely searching for the truth, you WILL be rewarded in such a search, and it can only draw you closer to The Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 PM

Praise the Lord indeed! I have been checking the mail box everyday for the Bible to come in. I am excited and can't wait to start reading.