Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:07 PM

Wonderful stuff George! I have many of your essays to be printed when I get myself a new printer (I prefer to print and read with my Bible in hand). As always it is laid out very clearly, easy to understand even for us un-scholarly types This forum is very lucky to have you, God has most certainly blessed you with knowledge, as he has many on this site.
You remind me very much of my Grandfather, all his life he was always studying and writing essays about the Bible, a very blessed man indeed, although old age has crept in and he does not write as much (shakey hands) but his mind is sharp as it was 50 years ago. He has been my teacher and I will miss him dearly when the LORD calls him home, keep it Up Brother George, I am always encouraged by your posts.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Wonderful stuff George! I have many of your essays to be printed when I get myself a new printer (I prefer to print and read with my Bible in hand). As always it is laid out very clearly, easy to understand even for us un-scholarly types This forum is very lucky to have you, God has most certainly blessed you with knowledge, as he has many on this site.
You remind me very much of my Grandfather, all his life he was always studying and writing essays about the Bible, a very blessed man indeed, although old age has crept in and he does not write as much (shakey hands) but his mind is sharp as it was 50 years ago. He has been my teacher and I will miss him dearly when the LORD calls him home, keep it Up Brother George, I am always encouraged by your posts.

Aloha brother,

Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful man - the kind that I could easily fellowship with for years. You are very blessed to have had such a Christian man in your life. And he is blessed to have a grandson that both loves him and respects him.

This kind of loving "family" relation is all too rare in America today. Cherish your grandfather - there aren't too many of us left!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother,

Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful man - the kind that I could easily fellowship with for years. You are very blessed to have had such a Christian man in your life. And he is blessed to have a grandson that both loves him and respects him.

This kind of loving "family" relation is all too rare in America today. Cherish your grandfather - there aren't too many of us left!
Yes George he is a wonderful man, and im sure you could have fellowship with him for years, in fact you will have fellowship with him for all eternity
I am humbled by what God has shown me in regards to his word in a short space of time, im humbled also at what he has shown Elders like yourself and my Grandfather over many years of study, who rightly divide and keep the Church true for the next generation.
I had to add in this little bit of information for you George as I'm sure you and Renee have the same loving relationship as My Grandparents do, My Grandfather is a WW2 Veteran, He fought with the 8th armoured (desert rats), while he was At War he asked my Gran's sister if he could write to My Gran, she agreed and through their letters he asked her to marry him when he returned from war, She told him that if they were to marry that he would have to change his ways (He was Drunk and a fighter during the war). He did change his ways and they did get married but they were still unsaved. When he was 33 the LORD put him on his back in hospital near Death and saved him and on the very same day in the same hour, unknown to each other my Gran was saved also and they have been together now for 63 years

God Bless

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 09-07-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: inspired addition
Old 09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Scott Simons

Default Thanks Brother

Aloha Brother George,

Thanks you so much for your time, thought and articulation. God has gifted you as a teacher.
There is much to consider with your essay.
It does raise a number of questions; however I would restrain myself in a few comments at this time, I don't want to question a few things until I analysis the essay a little longer.
I did enjoy your thought provoking essay; it is progressive in understanding the mysteries of the word of God.

If did take time to answer those questions and it will take time to interject properly and this may did to be carried on a little bit.
There were a number of things you did not address and it may have been the size limitation. If you have more can you email it, I do like long essays.

Thank you again Brother,
Aloha
Old 09-08-2008, 03:11 AM

My dear brother in Christ, People of the way,

It brought back fond memories when you told of your Grandpa and Grandma writing letters and finally marrying. George and I were separated by hundreds of miles of ocean, we bared our hearts in our letters and came to know and understand each other this way. He moved here in May of 1961 and we were wed in September. He was saved and I was not, I gave up being a Catholic for family harmony, because he stood firm in the faith. He was willing to give me up rather then be married in the Catholic Church and raise our children in that idolatrous faith. I praise God for our union of 47 years. George has been my strength in many things and many ways. Praise the Lord!

In Christian Love.
Renee

Last edited by Renee; 09-08-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:09 PM

Wonderful Renee my sister in Christ!
A great testimony to the union of marriage, if only values were held so honorably in this day and age. May the LORD continue to bless both you and George and give you many more years to come. I know when God sees fit he will send me someone and I pray that The Love is as strong as both of you and my grandparents

God Bless
Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
he asked my Gran's sister if he could write to My Gran, she agreed and through their letters he asked her to marry him when he returned from war
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
It brought back fond memories when you told of your Grandpa and Grandma writing letters and finally marrying. George and I were separated by hundreds of miles of ocean, we bared our hearts in our letters and came to know and understand each other this way.
For me too.

Brandon and I also had a "letter courtship". He lived in California and I lived in Hawaii. In our months of writing we got to know each other very well. I highly suggest that form of getting to know each other. Face to face or phone calls just aren't the same as writing heartfelt letters focusing on what you believe, want, hopes, dreams etc. Where you're more your real self and less likely to let the physical attraction of how good someone looks override the importance of WHO they are and WHAT they believe.

He was NIV+ at time. While in Hawaii getting to know my family he brought the KJV question up with my Dad who went over verses with him and answered his questions. We went out and got him a KJB and he started studying it himself. You can see where his studies took him.

We got married soon after that. This summer made 14 years for us.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
For me too.

Brandon and I also had a "letter courtship". He lived in California and I lived in Hawaii. In our months of writing we got to know each other very well. I highly suggest that form of getting to know each other. Face to face or phone calls just aren't the same as writing heartfelt letters focusing on what you believe, want, hopes, dreams etc. Where you're more your real self and less likely to let the physical attraction of how good someone looks override the importance of WHO they are and WHAT they believe.

He was NIV+ at time. While in Hawaii getting to know my family he brought the KJV question up with my Dad who went over verses with him and answered his questions. We went out and got him a KJB and he started studying it himself. You can see where his studies took him.

Wonderful,
The LORD truly blesses some people in many different ways and to find that soul mate is a wonderful thing. I still havent found the right Girl, mainly because I wasnt dating Christian Girls (Before I came back to the LORD) but I know in my heart that the LORD will bless me with her when he sees fit.
Maybe shes typing the very same thing on another forum somewhere else, you never know! But God does.
And may he continue to bless both you and Brandon for many more years to come
Old 09-10-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
For me too.

Another sweet love story posted in this forum! Thanks for sharing, JaeByrd. God bless you and Brandon!
Old 07-19-2009, 07:26 PM

This thread is worthy of a bump.

That was an Awesome read, Brother George!

Glory be to God!