Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:27 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default Examine the issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
Let's be honest, Tony. If I haven't examined both sides of the issue, then surely the KJVO's have not either. I.e. I don't know how many KJVO's consider the "other side" of things. That is usually conveyed as compromise to even consider another view.
Hi Tim. I agree with tonybones. I too have very definitely examined both sides of this issue. I have read James White's book about 3 times through. I've read Carsons anti KJV book, and all of Rick Norris's Unbound Scripture and all of James Price's King James Onlyism, A New Sect. Read them all and then wrote a Bible Believers response to both Norris and James Price.

My belief in the 100% truthfulness and inerrancy of the King James Bible is a God given conviction based upon many hours of study and prayer, plus a lot of just plain common God given sense. The arguments I see coming from you "No bible is the complete and inerrant words of God" guys are so silly, vapid, empty and just plain dumb, that I am convinced that this is a spiritual battle and not one of the intellect. Nobody is naturally that stupid

Happy hunting on that copy of your "original languages" thingy,

Will Kinney
Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM

A good resource to start you off on your assignment is here:
http://www.bible-researcher.com/

AMR
Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Kinney View Post
Hi Tim. I agree with tonybones. I too have very definitely examined both sides of this issue. I have read James White's book about 3 times through. I've read Carsons anti KJV book, and all of Rick Norris's Unbound Scripture and all of James Price's King James Onlyism, A New Sect. Read them all and then wrote a Bible Believers response to both Norris and James Price.

My belief in the 100% truthfulness and inerrancy of the King James Bible is a God given conviction based upon many hours of study and prayer, plus a lot of just plain common God given sense. The arguments I see coming from you "No bible is the complete and inerrant words of God" guys are so silly, vapid, empty and just plain dumb, that I am convinced that this is a spiritual battle and not one of the intellect. Nobody is naturally that stupid

Happy hunting on that copy of your "original languages" thingy,

Will Kinney
Will, if we had the original manuscripts for all the Scriptures, each and every one gathered into one neat volume, who would claim ownership of them? The one manuscript that they all refer to and cite as "the original text", Vaticanus, who owns it? And why do they not allow anyone to examine the real one and only issue photos of it? If God had written the original words of the Bible onto the side of a mountain and put an angel there to guard it, how many would still try and infiltrate the perimeter to change it?

Ever read Animal Farm, where they write the political commandments on the side of the barn? Most the animals had short term memory problems, and every time the pigs did something wrong the animals went to the commandments, but somehow they seemed "different"? And then Squealer the pig is caught, fallen from a ladder with a bucket of paint and a brush and the commandments seem "different"? Finally when there is seen no physical difference between men and the pigs, they read the commandments and there is only one?

All Animals Are Equal, Some Are More Equal Than Others.

See a pattern here? I do. I see why God entrusted the preservation of the Scriptures not to priests, a church, a government, nor scholarship, but to those who believed them the most. That's why I said in my thing on "triple inspiration", those who attack and criticize the Scriptures are the ones who use them and believe them the least.

Grace and peace brother

Tony
Old 06-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Default Re: " student trying to learn differences in translations"

Aloha all,

Do you see WHY I do not "engage", "discuss", or "dialogue" with "GREEKTim" or "Tmonk"? The minute we have a Christian come onto the AV1611 Forum sincerely looking for information about the "Which Bible Issue" we have these "naysayers" crawl out of their hole and cause chaos & confusion! [1 Corinthians 14:33]

We could have directed this young man to a host of sources that support our convictions; he could have examined them and made up his own heart & mind as to what is "true". Don't forget - the OTHER SIDE of this issue can be abundantly found both in the secular schools and colleges; and sad to say in most of the "Christian" schools and colleges also (like the one that "GREEKtim" attended).

By his own testimony, this young man said that he wasn't aware of the issue and had very little knowledge about it, and instead of having a "united testimony" these men come out and "contest" what several genuine Bible believers said, and have probably succeeded in discouraging this young man to dig out the "truth" for himself.

These men are "gnat strainers" and they think their education is a "substitute" for a sincere belief in the Holy words of God - which neither one of them know (for sure) just exactly WHAT they are or WHERE they can be found.

Can you not you see that these men have no genuine interest in edifying the brethren? Instead all they do interject DOUBT, CONFUSION, and UNBELIEF practically every time they Post?

This young man came looking for information. I believe he is sincere, but instead of us all speaking the same thing, and being of the SAME MIND, all he has gotten is a confusing testimony from these "picky" GNAT STRAINERS!

How long is it going to take some of you to realize that SOPHISTS can NOT be reasoned with; and trying to deal with them is AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY? If you want to "dialogue" with them why not go over to the nest of vipers at FFF and "converse" with them to your hearts content?

I DON'T CARE HOW "sweeet" they come across, and I don't care how "engaging" or "pleasant" they may seem; their "good words and fair speeches" are meant to "deceive the hearts of the simple." [Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.] And the sooner they crawl back to the FFF nest of snakes, the sooner we will be able to have a united testimony pertaining to God's Holy words!

Do you not understand what a golden opportunity has just been missed because of this "smoooth", "slick", OPPORTUNIST ("GREEKtim") - who's only interest is in sowing seeds of DOUBT?

These "Christians" make me SICK! Whenever they can, that is whenever the opportunity presents itself, they slither out of their hole and "strike" with their "poisonous venom" - seeking only to INJURE or DESTROY whatever faith a young Christian may have in God's Holy word, without regard for the spiritual consequences!

Please think about what has just taken place! This is NOT about an "exchange of ideas"! This move on the part of "GREEKtim" is about SOWING DOUBT in the hearts of young Christians and DESTROYING whatever faith they might have in God's Holy word! WHO is it (in the Scriptures) that has said: "Yea hath God said"? What is going on is "devilish" and "perverse" and the sooner we IGNORE these people completely, the sooner they will crawl over to FFF and cry and moan and complain about how "mean" those folks are over at the AV1611 Bible Forums are.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and AVOID them.

Last edited by George; 06-06-2009 at 05:44 PM.