Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:53 AM

Default Sound Doctrine ( Use the KJV but lived like the NIV)

1 Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

What is Sound Doctrine? How can I determine if one is teaching a Sound Doctrine? Is Sound Doctrine affects our Christian living? What about those who used KJV Bible but live a life patterned in the NIV?

Seeking for Edification,

Jude 25
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
1 Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

What is Sound Doctrine? How can I determine if one is teaching a Sound Doctrine? Is Sound Doctrine affects our Christian living? What about those who used KJV Bible but live a life patterned in the NIV?

Seeking for Edification,

Jude 25
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2Ti 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
Tit 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
Tit 2:8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

Brother, you open a whole menagerie' of topical study here, and touch upon one chapter I am writing for The Original Manuscript Fraud called THE "SOUNDS" OF PAUL. Let's pretend we are The Lockman Foundation and "retranslate" the Bible: Where you see, within the context of the Five "Sounds" I write above in Paul's letters, the word "sound" think "BIBLE" or "SCRIPTURAL". Since there is NO doctrine outside the Scriptures, then "sound" doctrine would be Biblical or Scriptural doctrine found in the Scritures by right division, by letting the Scriptures define it's terms and doctrines:

Pr 4:2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isa 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
Mr 10:5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

Ho 12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.
De 4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
Ro 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Heb 7:15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Jas 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Brother, the Scriptures themselves define "sound" doctrine: That doctrine which the Holy Spirit teaches us from the Scriptures, "unsound" doctrine is the doctrines(precepts) of men.

So by the same precept, the same similitude, we see "sound" speech(which cannot be condemned) to be Scriptural speech. "Sound" words to be Scriptural words. "Sound" faith to be Scriptural faith. "Sound" mind to be a Scriptural mind.

The Holy Spirit speaks nothing to us that is "new", He speaks to us and gives us understanding by what has already been said, that is, in the Scriptures. When someone comes to you and says, this doctrine has a "sound"
foundation, or, we must build this or that on a "sound" foundation, the Holy Ghost of God and the Scriptures are defining "sound" as "SCRIPTURAL". Scriptural doctrine cannot be condemned. Scriptural faith cannot be condemned. Scriptural words cannot be condemned. Scriptural speech cannot be condemned. A Scriptural mind cannot be condemned.

Thus God is telling us today to:

Have Scriptural(sound)doctrine.
Be of a Scriptural(sound)mind.
Have a Scriptural(sound)faith.
Speak Scriptural(sound)words.
Speak Scriptural(sound)speech.

What is the antithesis? Unsound speech, words, faith, mind, and doctrine is unScriptural speech, words, faith, mind, and doctrine, which is the speech, mind, words, faith, and doctrine(precepts) of men. What is "contrary" to sound doctrine is unScriptural doctrine.

Is the NIV "Scripture", my friend, is it and it's words given to you by inspiration, as I Tim. 3:16 tells us the KJV in ours hands is? We know the KJV is given to us by inspiration of God, by His preservation of His words in our language, the word of Truth, can the same be said about the NIV that differs with the KJV in over 30,000 places? Is the NIV a "sound" foundation?

Ps 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

I hope this little study is helpful, and an edifying blessing to you. Sola Scriptura, my brother.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 04-23-2009, 03:38 PM

Post Scriptural Doctrine

: Nice post bro.Tony and to God be the Glory!
Hope you can finish very soon your project "The Original Manuscript Fraud". Please post them here and I am getting very excited...

Jude 25
Old 04-23-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredoheaven View Post
: Nice post bro.Tony and to God be the Glory!
Hope you can finish very soon your project "The Original Manuscript Fraud". Please post them here and I am getting very excited...

Jude 25
Study it brother, if you are fully persuaded in your mind and heart, run with it. I have a duty here at home I attend to and am a little late getting part two of that chapter out, but it's pretty much the same as this study: The Original Manuscript Fraud is a Biblical response to the version issue. The manuscript evidence issue was settled in 1886 by John Burgon and others, the "MV"s are just beating their fists in the air. A new "version" every 5 years is just making merchandise of people and defrauding them.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond, and flex my wings to His glory. We must decrease, He must increase, God love you and you are on the distribution list when it's done.

Grace and peace

Tony