Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 AM

Davids dance was done in his flesh the best an OT saint could do was keep laws and do things. We are not told the spirit filled him. He never danced in the temple his dance was in the road way. to dance like david danced is not Biblical
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Graceismine

I like the way you said that. I too believe David's dance was a dance of the flesh. However, he was passionate and excited before the Lord.

Thank you for some of your comments on Emergent Church in the Phillipines.I didn't know it was active there.

Grace,.......
Old 02-09-2008, 06:58 AM

Grace,

you know what is so amazing down here in Palawan Philippines I have seen stuff that some Christians only read about in mythology class, or some old missionaries journals, I have seen where they came up with those little baby heads with wings flying around the RC Churches. This place is a demonic stronghold. I was street witnessing one day and had a demonic possessed woman come up and hit me with a punch that would have laid out a WWF wrestler and I stood there as if it was a fly landing on my cheek. because the Holy Spirit was the one who was moving and not me.

the floating heads in the darkest night we would command to leave in Jesus name never even speaking a word from our mortal lips but in the Spirit from our hearts and they would flee. Giant black shadows and Satyr's run away as we approach tribal villages just for a few hour visit to encourage the brethren.

and it would only be natural for us to see all the counterfit spiritual manifestations and every form of Unity for the sake of unity. they say we need to drop our denominationalism (though I am not a denomination) and just come together to serve the Lord. If we did that with our currency we would have no value. People forget the value there is in the multiplicity of the church. but to just through sound doctrine out the window for the sake of worshipping together. I think I will not thank you.

the sad thing is many of those out there that may read this form will never even know what we in the missionfield go through trying to bring the Gospel to one lost soul without enough support to even pay for our monthly needs for me and my family. and when I do get to the States by Gods grace many churches wont support us because they want to support only Orphanages. there are five of them down here and the missionaries that run them haven't led one person to Jesus the Whole 11 years I have been here. they live like kings and Queens with all their servants washing their clothes and drive around in their nice fully paid fully insured SUV's and MiniVans. while others like my self walk for 7 mile in hope some one has deposited some money in our account so we can buy some food to eat and get some soap so we can take a bath. some poor guy finally gave me a motor bike. you beleive that a poor Vietnese guy give an American a motorbike so I can get around better. I cried that day.

but I will tell you we have never gone hungry, we have had unsaved people knock on our door at 930 at night just to give us 2lbs of dried sardines and 10lbs of rice. of which after I take it into my house and pray for them. I go to my room and cry at the lack of faith I have in trusting the Lord to supply my every need.

I have seen 17 our of 25 young people get saved in one night at a home Bible Study. and because they live so far away from us and are just a poor as we are. we recommend them to a Bible Beleiving Chrit preaching church that is near their house becasue we can't get them to our church 4 mile away.

Well that sounded sad but just this week we got a multicab and if the Lord keeps supplying we wil get it all fixed up and be picking them up from now on. as many of them end up struggleing so hard and droping out of church because they are trying not to do things rather than just focusing on the Spirit in them and Christ eminating from them. their hearts are neglected as the preacher at the Bible preaching church focus on thier outward appearance and not their inward beauty in Christ by God Holy Spirit which indwells them.

so the Next time whne the Jerry's and Liveli stones want to knock what we have to say let them come down here where I am at And I will take them to some of the poorest peopel in the worldfor God has blessed the poor to be rich in Faith. I will put them in the one of th most demonic places they have ever visited and then lets see how well they hang and how well their faith holds out when they see al their money gone and praying for their next meal, praying for lost souls is the food you will eat at some meals. but hten right as they are ready to go to bed hungry. the LORD will MOve and they too will be filled with Joy of their Salvation that their God has given them all the riches in Christ Jesus Right now at their finger tips if they will just allign themselve with him and stop focuing on themselves and their understanding.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:04 AM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
One thing the Problem is when people use poetry to create a doctrine. Poetry is emotional.
1/3 of the OT is poetry - do you just disregard 1/4 of your Bible when it comes to doctrine. There is plenty of doctrine in Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, and the poetical portions of the prophetical books.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:06 AM
jerry

Quote:
Davids dance was done in his flesh the best an OT saint could do was keep laws and do things. We are not told the spirit filled him. He never danced in the temple his dance was in the road way. to dance like david danced is not Biblical
The Bible teaches that the Spirit of the Lord came upon David and never left him - so yeah, he was filled with the Spirit (or the equivalent of it in the OT).

Hm, his dancing was not Biblical? It was in the Bible - it is not shown in a negative light - so yeah, it was Biblical.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:23 PM

yeah UPON HIM not INDWELLED HIM! read the english as Ruckman says.

theat is OT spirit upon but today we are filled to over flowing life. you will find inth eOT many instances of a man being filled with the spririt but only for God's Puerposes then it was removed.

being filled gives us an advantage in Grace we can be filled daily by the Holy Sirit, and have His power to live the humanly impossible christian life through the Spirit. God inno other dispensation has provided for every believer the pure power of God for their life and character.

Read my post on Spirit filled to the max in the emergent post maye you might learn something Jerry. oh but you seem to be so full of yourself knowledge there isno room for th eHoly Ghost to teach you.

Cynicism is never list in the fruit of the Spirit. oh yeah and when we say Biblical we me that it was authorized by God. not heathen dancing or wilderness dancing.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:38 PM

one thing I have learned that if the doctrine does not agree with the NT teaching of the Apostle to the Gentile it is not doctrine for today. and that is the problem everybody and most do mix up doctrines from different dispensations and say they are all for today. well remember if you keep one law you must do them all. if you break one you break them all

But I praise my God and Lord Jesus Christ for putting to death the Law on the cross. so if youwant to use OT doctrines to run your life go ahead. as for me and my house we shall serve the Lord in newness of Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:56 PM
jerry

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Graceismine

Quote:
one thing I have learned that if the doctrine does not agree with the NT teaching of the Apostle to the Gentile it is not doctrine for today. and that is the problem everybody and most do mix up doctrines from different dispensations and say they are all for today. well remember if you keep one law you must do them all. if you break one you break them all

But I praise my God and Lord Jesus Christ for putting to death the Law on the cross. so if youwant to use OT doctrines to run your life go ahead. as for me and my house we shall serve the Lord in newness of Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

I agree. Thanks for your testimony of faith. I shudder to think of the Emergent Church mixed up in all of that. It's "another gospel" and how will they differentiate without you to show them the way.

Grace
Old 02-09-2008, 11:58 PM

yeah it is profitable it doesn't say it is ALL DOCTRINE.

that mixing of Doctrine is among even the most conservative churches today.

the fullness of Grace toward the beleiver in faith free from law and works. for the unsaved it is Believe on Christ, for the saved (of which there are two types of Christians taught in the NT CArnal and Spiritual) it is yield yourselves unto God and your members unto righteousness. Be filled, be led, be taugth of the HOLY SPIRIT.

many get caught in their own teachings they forget and seek the scriptures. they hope in them they find salvation but they speak of Jesus Christ and all that he has provided complete and whole for our dispensation.

Last edited by chette777; 02-10-2008 at 12:00 AM.