Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Default Students Suspended For Praying, With Permission!

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

Prayer is being forced off campus at the College of Alameda in California.

Student Kandy Kyriacou went into an instructor's office to give her a Christmas present last year. The professor told Kyriacou she was not feeling well, and Kyriacou offered to pray for her instructor. The teacher welcomed her student's prayer. Another professor named Derek Piazza, who shared the office, entered and told the student to stop praying. Kyriacou quickly left the office and joined her friend, while Piazza followed them outside to continue his rebuke.

Brad Dacus of the Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) further explains the story. "In fact, students were actually praying for an instructor who was ill, and this instructor welcomed and wanted them to pray for her," he says. "They were quickly ostracized and told not to pray and that such praying was not allowed on campus."

Then three days before Christmas, Kyriacou and her friend received letters in the mail. "These college students got a written notice of intent to suspend them from campus because of their praying," Dacus adds. "Since when does praying for a sick teacher to get well -- with her consent -- earn a suspension?"

PJI attorneys are already in action and have filed a lawsuit against the school. "Make no mistake, we at the Pacific Justice Institute will take this case as far and as high as we need to make sure that students across the country are not reprimanded or forced to leave campus simply because they're praying," Dacus contends.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/...aspx?id=286900
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-18-2008, 01:03 AM

How renarded can these people get? Isn't prayer considered free speech? We used meet at the flag pole at our High School to pray. Then again, maybe this is just the area I'm in. California is becoming more and more the Sodom and Gomorrah of our times. God have mercy on the Christians living in CA.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen