Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:47 AM

Amen Brother Forrest. Great post.

Quote:
We must simply receive Him in faith. We all know this basic doctrine of Christian living. What is different now, believer? Are you trying instead of trusting? Are you laboring instead of resting? We walk in Christ the same way we received Him…by faith, trust, dependence, and helplessness.
I was reading through Psalms last night and I used a couple of verses in a post here, the latter verse

Psalms 119:141 I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts.

I believe that in this day and age, there are far too many "Christians" who don't fear God, nor humble themselves before an Almighty Sovereign God who walk down the Joel Osteen, Charismatic, self improvement, social gospel of this world, promoted by the god of this world. Trying not Trusting
When I think what changes the Lord has brought to my Life, what fruit I have borne compared to my previous life and conversation with the world, the hardships, the Joy, the longsuffering, the absolute desire to always walk with Christ no matter what, all becomes a result of Faith, Trust, dependence and helplessness.
Now I know Brother the Lord has given you an illness that has drawn you even closer to him, to show us that a man such as yourself has the strength through Christ, to be absolutely dependant ON Christ is certainly a blessing to me, and know that I keep you in prayers always.
God Bless you and yours.

Colossians 1:9-14 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

We certainly will not find that wonderful truth in Bold in a modern version
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-23-2009, 07:33 PM

Sometimes God does give us illnesses to draw us closer. the sad thing is Christians should by their new nature be desiring to draw near to him daily in faith. I teach my members first you must serve God in your own heart and life. That would mean they need to desire more of his activeness in their lives and often it includes persecution, tribulations, trials etc Romans 8 is so clear that these are part of life.

Romans Chapter 7 we see Paul going through the struggle we all face. But he never quits, gives up or back slides. Paul is our example, I like what Jacob said, "few and evil have the days of the years of my life been", Even David and Asaph admit the same condition of life. But they never stopped exercising their faith in God.

Chapter 8 reminds us that none of these events of life can separate us from the Love of God. When I hear of a supposed Christian who gives up because God didn't do as they expected and that being a pagan is easier than being a Christians so they go back to their old life. I don't even think they were saved to begin with.

Yes the Christians life is full of troubles, trials, tribulations, hardships, weaknesses and persecution. But the love of God shed abroad in our hearts and the indwelling of the Holy Ghost is our hope of holiness and perfection to come. a man of God will seek Gods will even through the struggle and hardships to reach the prize that has been set even Eternal life that is in Christ Jesus.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:17 PM

Brethren Steve (peopleoftheway) and Chette, thanks for your encouragement and comments. Personally brother Steve, I've always said God "allowed" my illness...not that He "gave" my illness. He may have...I just don't know. This I do know...He has certainly used my infirmity for His glory and He has used my weakness to reveal the strength, sufficiency, and preeminence of Christ in all things; that He might be glorified.

Brother Chette, I have found that after the Apostle Paul shares his heart by confessing his puny mortality and battle with doing the right thing (Romans 7) he simply concludes that Jesus Christ alone is the victory.
Romans 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
In summary, I believe the Apostle Paul brought victory in living the daily Christian life down to a single, narrow, simple truth...Jesus Christ our Lord.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed that my posts on "Doctrines of Christian Living" have all been centered on the one doctrine of Christ. This key doctrine is inexhaustible in my opinion and is both the foundation and the building (structure) of the Christian life. I've seen that it's not Christ plus the addition of doing and obeying various doctrines, but rather, Christ alone. Christian living is indeed God the Father, working through Jesus Christ, by the Holy Spirit to produce within each true believer both the desire and the will to do His good pleasure. But it's real easy for us to shelf Christ and pick up the long list of things to do and go to work.

All scripture is profitable for doctrine, of course, but I'm saying that doctrine finds life, power, and practical reality specifically in Christ! The fullness of the Godhead bodily is in Christ. Christ is the beginning, the end, and everything in-between. Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Christ has all power in Heaven above and in the earth beneath. We are complete in Him and nothing in addition to Christ is needed.

What I'm trying to say is that after I received Christ, I slowly left my first love. I failed to remember that He is not only sufficient for eternal life...but for daily life itself. "For me to live is Christ." Personally (and I do not think I'm alone), I became consumed with principles, formulas, methods, plans, and programs for living a Christian life...instead of simply growing in personal, and deep intimate knowledge of the person of the Lord Jesus Christ. Instead of loving Him. I see that God the Father (the Husbandman) uses the divine pruning shears to bring forth fruit, more fruit, and much fruit in our life.
  1. The shears of His written word.
  2. The shears of trials.
  3. The shears of chastisement and correction.
Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
For me, the word of truth became fresh, new, alive, powerful, and personal again when Jesus Christ became the one love of my life. He is my best Friend. God has used (perhaps as brother Steve said) gave me a disability to teach me this life changing message.

I'm in agreement with you brother Chette (if I understand what you're saying), it should not take a severe trial in our life to bring us to the point of submission to Christ and Christ alone.

My encouragement to the brothers and sisters on this forum? Know, love, and follow Christ!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I've always said God "allowed" my illness...not that He "gave" my illness
Of course Brother, "allowed" is a much better way to put it.
I remember when I was away from the Lord, walking in the world, living like the world , frustrating myself, despising myself, literally ruining myself and finding no "chink" of light, no satisfaction, no hope in my life...I took my Bible from the cupboard that it had been in for a long while, to my shame it was too long. As I Opened the pages and read....

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

THAT WAS IT! all the seeking from within myself, looking to Doctors, friends, family, anyone to help me with how I felt, and there it was staring me in my face! The Lord Jesus Christ was still there, all I had to do was go to him.
In that moment that instant I was drawn back to my Lord, by the power of His word, it was so clear now and I, on my knees crawled to the cross with the filthy rags that were my life and left them at his Glorious feet, while my faith had been shaken, shattered and diminished beyond my recognition, the Lord was always there on the cross for my shame, waiting for me to come unto him when I needed him the most, now that's FAITH! He didn't turn me away for my back slidden ways, like the Father and the prodigal Son, he fell on my neck and kissed me, not judging me but welcoming me home, back on the right track, the narrow way

Luke 15:24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

My iniquities had taken me as far from my Lord as I though I could have ever been, but that was just not the case, for he was always there , I just chose in my own selfish ways not to Call on him. This is why I have the belief in another thread about Christs faith, my own had faltered, faded, somewhat dissappeared, but Christs hadn't, nor couldn't!

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

And I am certain my faith will waver from time to time, I cannot attain perfection, no, not in this life, but while we either remain faithful, or lack the faith to feel like a christian, a Child of God, the Lord has the faith as a parent, as a Saviour, as our God to look after us no matter where we stray and for how long

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Quote:
For me, the word of truth became fresh, new, alive, powerful, and personal again when Jesus Christ became the one love of my life. He is my best Friend. God has used (perhaps as brother Steve said) gave me a disability to teach me this life changing message.
Your right Brother and I am always encouraged by your posts, for more often they remind me to look to The Lord Jesus Christ for all my needs, to humble myself and accept I am an unworthy wretch who can do nothing without Christ, and I look to him as a helpless child looks to their Father in all faith and acceptance.

Mark 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein

Soon Brother we may all that are his own, behold the Glory of the Lord, in all his Majesty and splendour, to "just be" at his blessed feet for eternity to eternity

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he
himself.
Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 04-28-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: terrible spelling
Old 04-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Brother Steve, I love you in the Lord, dear brother. Jesus has changed everything.
Philippians 3:9-14 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I don't know if anyone else has noticed that my posts on "Doctrines of Christian Living" have all been centered on the one doctrine of Christ. This key doctrine is inexhaustible in my opinion and is both the foundation and the building (structure) of the Christian life.
I did, but the interesting fact was they were not repetitious but in fact seem to be building blocks that are put together to form a wall upon the foundation of Christ.

That is what the Christians life is to be there is no greater doctrine for Christians living that the foundation of Christ. the life a daily faith is one that is renewed each day in Christ. 2Cor 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

It would seem you would have a better understanding of this than some or most of us. and I most deeply thank you for your posts.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Doctrines of Christian Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I did, but the interesting fact was they were not repetitious but in fact seem to be building blocks that are put together to form a wall upon the foundation of Christ.

That is what the Christians life is to be there is no greater doctrine for Christians living that the foundation of Christ. the life a daily faith is one that is renewed each day in Christ. 2Cor 4:16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

It would seem you would have a better understanding of this than some or most of us. and I most deeply thank you for your posts.
Aloha brother Chette,

I would like to add a double "AMEN" to all that you have said.

I have really appreciated this Thread and brother Forrest's comments especially. He keeps reminding us WHO it is ALL ABOUT; and I need to be reminded daily!

I have gotten "blessed" more in the last few months from brother Forrest's Posts than I have from anyone else in years.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Brother Steve, I love you in the Lord, dear brother. Jesus has changed everything.
Philippians 3:9-14 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Likewise Brother! Likewise!

You often quote a verse that I just delight in reading over and over, in fact it is in your signature
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

I know I cant even wake of a morning without knowing that the Lord has spared me, that I get through that day because the Lord has spared me, and I lay my head to sleep that night because, the Lord has spared me.
I could never have changed my life without Christ, nor could I ever live my life again without Christ. To know in time of distress and illness and suffering that if we just abide in him, we will bring Joy and change (Fruit) into our lives.

Luke 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day;
Earth’s joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changest not, abide with me.

Not a brief glance I beg, a passing word;
But as Thou dwell’st with Thy disciples, Lord,
Familiar, condescending, patient, free.
Come not to sojourn, but abide with me.

Come not in terrors, as the King of kings,
But kind and good, with healing in Thy wings,
Tears for all woes, a heart for every plea—
Come, Friend of sinners, and thus bide with me.

Thou on my head in early youth didst smile;
And, though rebellious and perverse meanwhile,
Thou hast not left me, oft as I left Thee,
On to the close, O Lord, abide with me.

I need Thy presence every passing hour.
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter’s power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness.
Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:04 PM

Bro George I fully agree Bro Forrest has been quite a blessing in this thread alone. not counting the others.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM

More Doctrine on Christian Living

As Christians, we all desire to live out and practice what we say we are. Here’s a brief study of God’s word that will help us do just that.
Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord…”

How did you receive the Lord Jesus Christ? That is exactly how you should “walk” in Him. There was nothing good in us that offered any appeasement to a righteous God when we came to Him in faith. We could not earn the favor of God by good works. We could not offer holiness to God who, by the way, requires absolute sinless perfection in order to receive the gift of adoption and eternal life. We came as needy sinners with the inability to satisfy God. We could not clean up our own life then, and we certainly cannot do it now.

This is very basic “doctrine” in the Christian life. Those of us who have been “redeemed” and “justified” know that we simply “believed in” and “received” the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins. He alone is the propitiation (He satisfied the Holy and just demands of God) for our sins. His blood was effectual then and it still is. That’s grace. That’s justification. That’s reconciliation. And it’s all by Christ alone.

“…so walk ye in him…”

But what does the Apostle Paul exhort us to do now that we have come to Christ and have been united with Him through spiritual rebirth? As, or in the same manner, you received Christ Jesus the Lord, “so walk ye in him.”

In other words, you and I still cannot do anything apart from Christ to please God…get that, brethren. We still have nothing good to give God apart from Christ and His righteousness. We are still needy. We are still fallible, mortal, weaklings who require His grace and power (ability) to do what’s right. We still need the "Good Shepherd" that will guide us in the paths of righteousness. Jesus Christ is the only person who can live the genuine Christian life.

That is the point—don’t miss it. We are each called to a new “walk” in the Christian life. There are indeed things to learn, apply, and do. We are all pressing toward the high mark of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. But we have a choice on “how” we will grow and apply Biblical truths.

One option is that we can compile the long list of (Biblical) things to do and turn our full attention to it (the list) and try our hardest to walk in them. Here is the danger with that approach. If we have some limited measure of “success” we most certainly will develop pride and self-righteousness, we will start judging others who are not living up to the same high standards we are, and worst of all, we will fail to truly understand and grow in the grace of God which is in Christ Jesus. We will fail to live in the liberty and the freedom that Christ gives us. Liberty and freedom to do His perfect will.

Again, the thrust of what I’m saying here ultimately involves our “focus” of faith. What is the object of your faith? Are you focused on the steps of bettering yourself or are you focused on the Saviour? Are you consumed with the methods for improvement or are you consumed with the Master? Think about that. And just so you'll know, it’s not BOTH!

Another option is to simply love Christ by faith, walk in Christ by faith, live the genuine Christian life the same way you enter the Christian life, which is by faith, and have total reliance on His ability while remembering that it’s none of me and all of Him.

Faith is keeping my eyes of spiritual understanding specifically on the Lord Jesus Christ, following Him, listening to Him, and obeying Him. We cannot separate our Christian walk from Christ. “As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him.” Don’t drift from Christ but draw near to Christ. Our devotion to Him results in fulfilling duty for Him. Walk in Him!
Colossians 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Rooted in him…”

Now we expand this thought. First, we are rooted in Him. This “rooting” must be done right. The seed must be right. The soil must be right. Or the rooting will not take hold. It will shrivel away.

Perhaps this pseudo faith will show the promise of a godly life. It may even demonstrate to others an outward newness of life or temporary changed behavior. But when the tempest comes (and he will) it fades because it was not rooted in Christ. It is a life founded on the shifting sands of humanistic doctrine rather than the pillar of truth which is settled in the word of God and firmly positioned in Christ. Start here. Receive the unfeigned word of truth—the true gospel seed, the correct doctrine.
“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
You must be born again of incorruptible seed. The true gospel “seed” is Christ Himself and Christ alone. Not only did we receive the true gospel seed, but the soil of our heart was prepared and cultivated by the power of His word. The stony and hard heart rejects the seed of His gospel and the word of the Lord. So what happens? The Holy Spirit, through the word of God, prepares the ground of our inner man to receive the gospel seed. The word of God pricks our heart and conscience.

You heard. You understood. You received Him. Do you remember? Do you remember being awakened to your need of salvation by the sharp shears of His word? Do you remember realizing the great need for spiritual rebirth? Do you remember the call to receive Christ? And do you remember the chains were loosed, the great burden was lifted, and new life sprung forth when you said YES to Jesus? Do you remember that Christ was all you knew and He was enough? Rooted in Him alone by faith…not rooted in formulas, methods, or processes; but rooted in Him!

Be honest. Do you have a genuine desire to grow as a Christian? Do you really want to know Him? As we walk in Him by faith we hear His voice. As we walk in Him by faith we know His will. As we walk in Him by faith we walk in truth. As we walk in Him by faith we pursue righteousness. “As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him” (Colossians 2:6).

Built up in him…”

But our new life in Christ is to be built up. Ah, this is the place we usually drift from our first love; Jesus Christ. We erroneously conclude that He was indeed sufficient for everlasting life but when it comes to living the daily Christian life He is not quite sufficient. So we must add. We need more. We must build up. We must grow and expand. We must produce fruit, more fruit, and much fruit.

How may I ask is this accomplished? How will you produce fruit? Will you attend the greatest plant growth seminar and learn the best techniques of growth and fruit production? Will you find other branches and form an accountability group with them? Honestly, can a branch do anything at all? Can a branch produce the fruit? Or does the branch simply “bear” genuine fruit as a spontaneous result of abiding in the True Vine? This of course is THE way, THE truth, and THE life. It contradicts human reason and logic. Read the scripture, beloved. Read it with understanding. Hear what it says. We are specifically admonished to be built up IN HIM, not good plans, programs, processes, or performances!

Who is “him” in Colossians 2:7? It’s Christ of course! “Rooted and built up in him.”

How are we rooted and built up in Him? Faith in Christ. Don’t stop believing in the power and preeminence of Christ. “Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.”

This is not a general faith, it is the faith which is firmly rooted, built up, and established in Christ. Keep going on with Christ. Do not replace your gaze on Him with the weak and beggarly elements of pious trends or religious rules. Keep trusting, believing, depending, and relying in the all sufficiency of Christ. The Father is pleased with the Son, Jesus Christ.

And why should we abound therein with thanksgiving? Because the world hates Christ and the world hates those who follow and love Him. When the world hates you it is a mark of true discipleship. "Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you" (1 John 3:13).

Persecution will come to those who make Christ known. Your stand for Him will be contended. It is Jesus Christ who makes the difference. Just the mention of His name stirs up the crowd. But keep believing, keep following, and keep proclaiming Jesus Christ. And when the persecution for your stand comes, give thanks. Abound with thanksgiving. Remember, you are not the first and you’ll not be the last to be laughed at, scorned, mocked, and excluded for believing in Jesus Christ. Even Christians, who are carnal, will reject the message of Christ.
Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Watch out! By philosophy the Bible is referring to those individuals who attempt to obtain wisdom apart from Jesus Christ. Traditions of men refer to the teachings of men that direct us away from the person of Jesus Christ. And the rudiments of the world are the fundamental principles of art, science, or disciplines that are not after Christ.

Watch out for those who stand on the shaky foundations of philosophy, traditions of men, and the rudiments of the world, but not on Christ. We are complete in Christ. He fills us to the top. Nothing else is needed. Do you believe that?

A disciple refers to a learner or pupil. Are you a disciple of worldly philosophy? Are you a learner or pupil of men’s traditions? Do you live by some type of mantra or religious saying that you chant each day for motivation? If we want to yield genuine fruit and truly glorify God in whatever we do, we must become true disciples or followers of Christ. Learn from the Master Teacher. Become a pupil of Christ. Follow Him.
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
I don’t know Greek or Hebrew, but I can tell you unequivocally that the word “all” means “all”! It was my own problem, I know. But I use to feel the need to give equal attention to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I felt the need, in my mind at least, to divide and departmentalize God into three parts. My understanding, however, was illuminated when I begin to understand the sufficiency of Christ and believed what the Bible says. “For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” All means all!

If you want to know the Heavenly Father, then purpose to know Christ.
“Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?” (John 14:8-9).
And do you ant to know the works of the Spirit?
“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:” (John 15:26).

And John 16:14 says, “He [the Holy Spirit] shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.”
Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
In summation of this section, we should receive, by faith, the reality that we are complete in Christ. We lack nothing in Christ. What else are you searching for? Jesus not only possesses the specific attributes of love, joy, peace, and truth; He is love, joy, peace, and truth. In Christ we are filled with abundant life. In Christ we are complete.

Would you rather compile a list of duties and through drive and discipline attempt to keep that list? Or would you rather abide in Christ and bear much fruit? Unlike fads this truth will not come and go with another wind of doctrine. It will not disappoint you. You can find a permanent resting place here. Jesus invites all who labor and are overburdened with spiritual anxiety, “Come unto me…learn of me…ye shall find rest unto your souls” (Matthew 11:28–29). Do this: come to Christ and learn of Him.

As we set our affections on the person of the Lord Jesus Christ our attentiveness to Him increases. As we begin to think more on Christ our behavior is altered. Transformation begins to take place as we abide in Christ and truly recognize that our life is complete in Christ.

Here are some concluding thoughts. As you consume the Holy Scriptures, God will impress you with a particular verse, passage, or sometimes even a single word. When He touches your heart with a special truth, it is wise to saturate your mind with every word and allow the Holy Spirit to personalize it. God impresses a specific word or truth on your heart for a reason—He has a divine purpose. Listen for His still, small voice in your inner man as you meditate on His word. Learn what He is teaching. Be still and know that He is God. Look with expectancy to the Lord and you will find strength in Him.

Finally, keep in mind that the Holy Spirit will specifically testify of Jesus Christ and glorify Him. I cannot stress this point enough, it is very important that our thoughts be specifically fixed on Jesus Christ. Make it your purpose to know Him. When you hear a sermon, identify Christ. The next time you read the Holy Bible, seek to know Christ. If you are experiencing a trial, see Christ in it. If God is correcting you with loving chastisement, turn your heart fully to Christ. Learn of Him. Saturate your mind with Christ and remember that every Christian virtue is a revelation of the character and of the person of Jesus Christ. He is the manifestation of all truth. As your knowledge, perception, and understanding of Christ increases you’ll begin to comprehend that He is all you need and He will be all you desire. He will become the delight of your heart and you’ll enter into a productive life of genuine fruitfulness. Your eyes of spiritual understanding will be opened.

“And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming” (1 John 2:28).