Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:58 PM

Default Dr. Solomon M. Aordkian

Hello Fellow KJV-uplifters!

I read a paperback book Honoring the King James Bible: Exposing the Modern English Bible Versions as Counterfeits by Dr. Solomon M. Aordkian. Has anyone else read this book? What do you think of it? Would you recommend it to others? I'd appreciate feedback on this.

Jassy
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Hello Fellow KJV-uplifters!

I read a paperback book Honoring the King James Bible: Exposing the Modern English Bible Versions as Counterfeits by Dr. Solomon M. Aordkian. Has anyone else read this book? What do you think of it? Would you recommend it to others? I'd appreciate feedback on this.

Jassy
Jassy, I recall I believe I had this book. I had so may, both pro and anti-KJV it's hard to remember all of them.

Sister, in recommeneding a book to others, ask yourself, did the book "speak" to you? Did it get it's point across? If you felt the book expalined the position in a God-honoring fashion by all means recommend it. I've explained the manuscript thing and the issue with the KJV to people and then recommended books by Stewart Custer, John R. Rice, etc., that was of an anti-King James nature to point out the contradictory nature of and the shallow and superficial arguments for their "position". I think probably the most outrageous(and funny) thing I ever read was John R. Rice giving arguments that a translation or a copy cannot be inspired and then quote the KJV, the "version" he is attacking the inspiration of, as "proof" of his "position".

Is there a word in Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic for "duuuuuuuuh"?

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Jassy, I recall I believe I had this book. I had so may, both pro and anti-KJV it's hard to remember all of them.

Sister, in recommeneding a book to others, ask yourself, did the book "speak" to you? Did it get it's point across? If you felt the book expalined the position in a God-honoring fashion by all means recommend it. I've explained the manuscript thing and the issue with the KJV to people and then recommended books by Stewart Custer, John R. Rice, etc., that was of an anti-King James nature to point out the contradictory nature of and the shallow and superficial arguments for their "position". I think probably the most outrageous(and funny) thing I ever read was John R. Rice giving arguments that a translation or a copy cannot be inspired and then quote the KJV, the "version" he is attacking the inspiration of, as "proof" of his "position".

Is there a word in Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic for "duuuuuuuuh"?

Grace and peace to you

Tony
Brother, it is definitely wholeheartedly in SUPPORT of the KJV (with many proofs of why). It got the point across - uplifting and totally HONORING the KJV - with no negatives towards it whatsoever. All of the negatives focused on the other versions.

The intro states:
Honoring the King James Bible proves that the Authorized Version (AV) - also known as the King James Bible - is without question God’s perfect Word in English. The evidence demonstrates that when you read, study, and meditate on the AV, you are blessed with the actual, written Word of God!

Dr. Solomon Aordkian convincingly shows that all the other versions, including the money-making New International Version and the so-called New King James Version, alter, water down, delete, mar, and cast doubt on God’s true Word. These are fake “bibles,” designed by men misguided at best, mischievously evil at worst, who are harming the cause of Christ with their worldly counterfeit versions.

This fine book will restore and reinforce your faith - proving as it does that God has preserved His Word pure, just as He promised He would. Check it out. Let the evidence speak for itself. Our Lord still today makes available to every believer on earth a true, perfect Bible.

Dr. Aordkian’s book is testimony to the fact that you can, with confidence, hold in your hands, read, study, and use the Authorized Version, the King James Bible, trusting that it is surely the written Word, to the glory and honor of God the Father.

Dr. Solomon Aordkian has practiced as a doctor of chiropractic medicine in Naugatuck, Connecticut, for forty-three years. In 1960 he was named “Chiropractor of the Year” by a national foundation, and in 1987, he was presented the award “Man of the Year” by the Naugatuck Chamber of Commerce. In 2000 he was named “Chiropractor of the year” by the Connecticut Chiropractor Association. An accomplished speaker and an authority on sports medicine, Dr. Aordkian has been active in men’s Christian fellowships. He and his wife, Sheila, are members of the Independent Central Baptist Church of Southington, Connecticut. Dr. Aordkian is a strong advocate of the unchanging Truth of the Holy Bible and has full confidence that the King James Bible is God’s word in English.
And, best of all - he allows you to freely copy and distribute it! He wasn't interested in making money off of a book - but in sharing the TRUTH about our beloved KJV Bible!

Jassy
Old 05-20-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Brother, it is definitely wholeheartedly in SUPPORT of the KJV (with many proofs of why). It got the point across - uplifting and totally HONORING the KJV - with no negatives towards it whatsoever. All of the negatives focused on the other versions.

The intro states:
Honoring the King James Bible proves that the Authorized Version (AV) - also known as the King James Bible - is without question God’s perfect Word in English. The evidence demonstrates that when you read, study, and meditate on the AV, you are blessed with the actual, written Word of God!

Dr. Solomon Aordkian convincingly shows that all the other versions, including the money-making New International Version and the so-called New King James Version, alter, water down, delete, mar, and cast doubt on God’s true Word. These are fake “bibles,” designed by men misguided at best, mischievously evil at worst, who are harming the cause of Christ with their worldly counterfeit versions.

This fine book will restore and reinforce your faith - proving as it does that God has preserved His Word pure, just as He promised He would. Check it out. Let the evidence speak for itself. Our Lord still today makes available to every believer on earth a true, perfect Bible.

Dr. Aordkian’s book is testimony to the fact that you can, with confidence, hold in your hands, read, study, and use the Authorized Version, the King James Bible, trusting that it is surely the written Word, to the glory and honor of God the Father.

Dr. Solomon Aordkian has practiced as a doctor of chiropractic medicine in Naugatuck, Connecticut, for forty-three years. In 1960 he was named “Chiropractor of the Year” by a national foundation, and in 1987, he was presented the award “Man of the Year” by the Naugatuck Chamber of Commerce. In 2000 he was named “Chiropractor of the year” by the Connecticut Chiropractor Association. An accomplished speaker and an authority on sports medicine, Dr. Aordkian has been active in men’s Christian fellowships. He and his wife, Sheila, are members of the Independent Central Baptist Church of Southington, Connecticut. Dr. Aordkian is a strong advocate of the unchanging Truth of the Holy Bible and has full confidence that the King James Bible is God’s word in English.
And, best of all - he allows you to freely copy and distribute it! He wasn't interested in making money off of a book - but in sharing the TRUTH about our beloved KJV Bible!

Jassy
Well, in that case sister, my opinion is it should be distributed.

In the millions. I'd love to see James White's "rebuttal" of it, I need a good laugh

Grace and peace to you!

Tony
Old 05-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Well, in that case sister, my opinion is it should be distributed.

In the millions. I'd love to see James White's "rebuttal" of it, I need a good laugh

Grace and peace to you!

Tony
AMEN brother! I wonder if I type it out chapter by chapter, if I can post it here in the "Bible Study" section, perhaps? The author does give permission to copy and distribute it.

It might be edifying for people to read. I'm willing to peck away at the keyboard and post it, chapter by chapter, if people can be patient for me to get it typed.

I'd love to see rebuttals of it also!! We can all use a good laugh
Old 05-21-2009, 04:00 AM

"Is there a word in Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic for "duuuuuuuuh"?"

In Greek μωρός (Moros ) meaning dull, stupid, blockhead.

Matt 5:22
Old 05-21-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
AMEN brother! I wonder if I type it out chapter by chapter, if I can post it here in the "Bible Study" section, perhaps? The author does give permission to copy and distribute it.

It might be edifying for people to read. I'm willing to peck away at the keyboard and post it, chapter by chapter, if people can be patient for me to get it typed.

I'd love to see rebuttals of it also!! We can all use a good laugh
Hi Sister

Before you would go to the extreme of typing an entire book let me offer you some time saving and finger saving advice
Most printer software (epson, HP canon etc comes bundled with OCR software)
OCR = (Optical Character Recognition) so If you have an all in one printer/scanner or standalone scanner you can place the pages of the book into the scanner and use the OCR software to scan the page and recognise the text, then it will convert it to an editable format for your convenience.
Or alternatively if you have a scanner and microsoft word you can do the same.

Link to the "how to"
http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/1017
Old 05-21-2009, 08:44 AM

Alternately, Jassy, if you have some contact with Dr. Aordkian by email, phone, or snailmail, you might ask if he or his publisher could make available the electronic copy of his book.

Second alternate: If you can provide me with a copy that can be separated into single sheet pages, I can run it through a paper-to-pdf machine that takes only seconds per page to do.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Hi Sister

Before you would go to the extreme of typing an entire book let me offer you some time saving and finger saving advice
Most printer software (epson, HP canon etc comes bundled with OCR software)
OCR = (Optical Character Recognition) so If you have an all in one printer/scanner or standalone scanner you can place the pages of the book into the scanner and use the OCR software to scan the page and recognise the text, then it will convert it to an editable format for your convenience.
Or alternatively if you have a scanner and microsoft word you can do the same.

Link to the "how to"
http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/1017
Hi Brother, unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. The book is only about 80 pages, not exhaustively long. And contains a lot of charts which will be very easy for me to set up in Word.doc.

Jassy
Old 05-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Alternately, Jassy, if you have some contact with Dr. Aordkian by email, phone, or snailmail, you might ask if he or his publisher could make available the electronic copy of his book.

Second alternate: If you can provide me with a copy that can be separated into single sheet pages, I can run it through a paper-to-pdf machine that takes only seconds per page to do.
Brother Tim - I will try to call Dr. Aordkian. The book does provide his address, phone number and fax number. With the Memorial holiday weekend close-by - probably not the best time to attempt contact. I don't have a fax nor a scanner. So that option isn't possible. However, maybe he could provide an electronic copy and I will tell him it's for a KJV/AV Forum and that we uplift it as the TRUE Word of God here!

The book copy that I have is in 8.5 x 11 standard size and is paperback - so I guess I COULD rip it into separate pages. But I don't see anywhere to buy the book again. I'd definitely be willing to invest funds in a 2nd copy though!! I'll see what Dr. Aordkian suggests.

I'm really excited about the possible opportunity to provide this book for our the Forum members here!

Jassy