Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:04 AM

Default Howdy brothers and sisters in Christ!

This is my first post after lurking for a while and I must say, I really enjoy it here. I must admit for a LONG time I was a modern version reader and defended that position often. I went to bible college where the NASB was the translation used in all the classes and I used it for well over 15 years.

However, I was raised with a father who was a preacher and both he and my mom owned scofield reference bibles. I got my dad's bible when he died last Feb. and my mom's when she died in October. I started reading through those old scofield bibles and found not only wonderful notes, but a new love for the KJV. What seemed difficult years ago now is beautiful and majestic. I loved them so much so that I just ordered an old scofield classic edition just like my dad's and it will be the last bible for me. I'm 44 years old and it should last till my homegoing.

Then add to that all the knowledge I've found here about the modern translations and seeing for myself all the questionable changes from the KJV and my choice was easy. I know about some of scofields notes and opinions, but I never read the footnotes anyway. I do like and use the references, but I just enjoy looking at and reading this Bible as it reminds me of mom and dad as well as being the perfect Word of God.

Sorry for the rambling...I just had knee surgery and the pain and meds keep me up all night. God bless and All praise and thanks to God for The precious Word of God...Jim
Old 12-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Jim!
Old 12-23-2008, 11:50 PM

Thanks for the testimony Jim. I like you grew up on a modern version, the NIV in my case. But thanks be to Lord Jesus I have been shown the truth of God's great Book. We are truly blessed!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Default Howdy brothers and sisters in Christ!

Welcome Jim!!!

Glad to have you here .

Billie