General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

View Poll Results: What is your present age?
10-19 3 5.36%
10-19
3 5.36%
20-29 10 17.86%
20-29
10 17.86%
30-39 13 23.21%
30-39
13 23.21%
40-49 12 21.43%
40-49
12 21.43%
50-59 13 23.21%
50-59
13 23.21%
60-69 5 8.93%
60-69
5 8.93%
70-79 0 0%
70-79
0 0%
80-89 0 0%
80-89
0 0%
90+ 0 0%
90+
0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

And I recently visited a Christian community that does not have a King James Bible position. And I was told that the youth have a greater affinity for the King James Bible, often understanding the Westcott-Hort manipulations, the significance of the strange textcrit theories, very well. Also appreciating the grandeur and majesty and purity of the King James Bible language. The youth tend to have less long-term Christian training and may see something like the Bible truth crisper and easier. (58 here.)

Shalom,
Steven

Yep, and that's exactly why we need to keep young people out of Cemetery. Nothing like a good bible college to kill a persons faith in The Bible.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
In my mind...you are in your late 50's?
ha haaa... younger.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:14 AM

Doin' great at 48!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:22 AM

Old enough to remember when a US Postage stamp was 3 cents and was purple with the Statue of Liberty on it.

Old enough to remember TV being in black and white, and the male characters were manly and the females womanly.

Old enough to remember S & H Green Stamps. Gasoline stations on each corner of an intersection---> and "Gas Wars" between the stations...( and a set of drinking glasses with a Fill-up! )

Old enough to remember when there were Christmas plays/skits at school and Christmas carols (not winter solstice/Santa songs) were sung. We took a week off from school for Easter Vacation---not Spring Break.

Old enough to remember that only drunken sailors got tattoed, and that men didn't wear women's jewelry or wore their hair like a woman.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:40 AM

You're, indeed, "old enough"! Were you born in 1789?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Old enough to remember when a US Postage stamp was 3 cents and was purple with the Statue of Liberty on it.

Old enough to remember TV being in black and white, and the male characters were manly and the females womanly.

Old enough to remember S & H Green Stamps. Gasoline stations on each corner of an intersection---> and "Gas Wars" between the stations...( and a set of drinking glasses with a Fill-up! )

Old enough to remember when there were Christmas plays/skits at school and Christmas carols (not winter solstice/Santa songs) were sung. We took a week off from school for Easter Vacation---not Spring Break.

Old enough to remember that only drunken sailors got tattoed, and that men didn't wear women's jewelry or wore their hair like a woman.
I remember all that but the postage stamps...I think they were about 8 cents when I was growing up, in the 60s.

My dad had a Sunoco station, and wanted to offer S & H Green Stamps, but the Esso (!!!) station across the street already had them.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM

I was really surprised at how close all of the groups in the 20-59 range are to each other.

Quote:
Teen girls and "pastors wives" have "tatts" these days. That isn't even talking about the guys...

Boy are not only wearing their hair likes girls, with earrings, but the current trend is to wear "skinny leg girl pants".

Half the time now when I see a group of "emo" kids together I can't tell which ones are girls and which are boys. The girls are so anorexic thin they both look the same and the boys dress like the girls. Even up close you can't tell because make up is "acceptable" on both in the current "be different from everyone else" style.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
I was really surprised at how close all of the groups in the 20-59 range are to each other.

Teen girls and "pastors wives" have "tatts" these days. That isn't even talking about the guys...

Boy are not only wearing their hair likes girls, with earrings, but the current trend is to wear "skinny leg girl pants".

Half the time now when I see a group of "emo" kids together I can't tell which ones are girls and which are boys. The girls are so anorexic thin they both look the same and the boys dress like the girls. Even up close you can't tell because make up is "acceptable" on both in the current "be different from everyone else" style.
Is that really your new avatar JaeByrd? You're a trekky?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Is that really your new avatar JaeByrd? You're a trekky?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
There are many aspects and talents to the JaeByrd.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
ha haaa... younger.
How much younger?