Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
Well put Bro Forrest. Thank you again for your encouraging words and prayer. I guess I just get frustrated sometimes with the way "Christians" and "Preachers" treat each other. I know my God will handle this situation as he has before, but sometimes I try to fix problems myself. It's hard to wait on the Lord and his plan. I know he put me there for a reason, but it's hard to be a member of a church that has not motivation to reach lost people and share the gospel. You are right though, I should just lead by example, keep praying, and wait on the Lord to show me! He hasn't failed me yet.

Thank you too illusionznc for your prayers.
I'm in the same situation in the church I attend. We do support missionaries, but no one seems to shew any signs of wanting to see souls won to Christ in our community. Since I've been attending this church, not one soul has been saved, and I've never seen a baptism. So I'll offer my advice which I gave to myself ^_^. Let everyone know that YOU are going soul winning on a set day of the week and anyone who would like to see souls won to the Lord is welcome to go. If knocking on doors is to intimidating for folks then perhaps someone would help you pass out tracts on the streets as you or another brother preaches.

Just some suggestions.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 PM

Default Agreed

I totally agree Bro. That's pretty much how I put it, I'm going and would like some of you "men" to go with me. We are going on Sat afternoons. Thanks for your thoughts. I will pray for you and your church as well.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 PM

Default Question

Quick question. Would any body be a member of a church that did not support missionaries of any kind in any way or have any type of outreach or desire to do so?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
Quick question. Would any body be a member of a church that did not support missionaries of any kind in any way or have any type of outreach or desire to do so?
Not I. If your pastor is not interested in such ministries, and if no-one else in the church joins you in your outreach efforts, I would encourage you to look for another church that is missions minded.

No local church is perfect, you will probably find some fault with all the ones you visit, so make a check list of those things that are most important to you, such as the King James Bible, outreach missions, missionary support, sound doctrine, etc, and choose the church that meets them.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM

Amen!