Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Revangelist

Again, I was hoping that this string would be for Pentecostals to come and discuss the Infallible AV1611 Bible. You others are sure tenacious about making sure we get sternly corrected. Since you also believe in eternal security, don't worry about us, we're saved and can't lose it because we are Pentecostals.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Revangelist

My mistake, wrong thread....please forgive me.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
Biblestudent, let me interpret what "I'm sure there will be some who'll get the truth soon." means to me: "I'm sure there will be some who will agree with me soon". That is what I call a "God Almighty" statement and that is the kind of thing I object to. Your interpretation is not the standard.
WRONG INTERPRETATION. That is not what I mean. I said what I meant and I meant what I said.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revangelist View Post
Again, I was hoping that this string would be for Pentecostals to come and discuss the Infallible AV1611 Bible. You others are sure tenacious about making sure we get sternly corrected. Since you also believe in eternal security, don't worry about us, we're saved and can't lose it because we are Pentecostals.
You are forgiven for posting this on the wrong thread.

I have seen you post this sort of thing before though and suggest you may feel more comfortable in a forum where the majority are in line with your Pentecostal beliefs. We will continue to call out errors in Christian doctrine when the errors are preached, no matter what the affiliation is.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:03 PM

Bible Says He is the Author of Eternal Salvation. so when God saves it is eternally
Old 04-30-2008, 08:22 PM
ashleyb1708

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
To insist that we absolutely cannot lose our salvation after we receive Jesus into our heart is pure carelessness.[/B] This is a two-way relationship, even though we can't save ourselves, and we can do nothing to keep ourselves saved (as far as works and religious duties). God does the saving, but we need to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. It isn't works, it's faith. When people lose faith and walk away from God (however improbable), I don't believe they are saved any more. They have chosen against God.
Rom 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The person who has been truly saved, truly born-again can not lose their salvation. Those who have professed to be Christians then at some point in their life denied Christ, and says they are not saved anymore were never saved to begin with.
These are those who have "believed in vain" 1 Cor 15:2. In the passage I just wrote, it says NOTHING can separate us from the love of Christ. A man does not go from abiding in Christ's love, be in communion with him, then come under the wrath of God. Because the wrath of God comes upon all unrighteousness - wicked men.

In addition, Phil 1:6 Says that "he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." God doesn't start a good work of salvation in us and let it end.

In Ez 36 God speaks of regeneration, this happens to every believer in Christ.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

Now, to Jeremiah 32 when he speaks of the New Covenant.

38 And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
41 Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.
42 For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

I don't think it gets any clearer than that. God puts his fear in every single true believers heart so that they will not depart from him. Now that's black and white scripture.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:17 AM

It is easier to understand whenyou know how Gods grace works.
the same power inacted by God to saved you by his grace, you are also kept saved by that same grace. you don't earn it and you can't do anything to loose it. this is not to be misunderstood as being a license to sin it is not. a true beleiver shold never look upon Gods grace for freedom to sin as some of the opponients of the "once save always saved group" have charged.

I like to keep to Biblical terms. "he is the author of Eternal Salvation" how long is eternal? forever and ever. you can not loose your salvation because it is not based on your merit. and your dismerit can't cause Gods grace to stop. he says it is eternal and that is final.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:52 AM

A point in right division:

SALVATION in the Age of Grace is NOW (2 Cor. 6:2).
Emphasis: Looking backward to the CROSS

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

SALVATION in the Tribulation Period is at the END
Emphasis: looking forward to the SECOND COMING

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
Old 05-04-2008, 12:01 PM
jerry

Physical deliverance is at the end of the tribulation period - spiritual salvation is still at the moment they believe. What Peter is stating is that the outcome - the end result - of their faith is the salvation of their souls - not that they won't be saved until the end.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:05 AM

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

I believe there is physical deliverance to Tribulation believers at the end of the period, but that was not all that Peter was talking about. The Bible SAYS:
"salvation of your SOULS"
If one may ask "which salvation" is Peter talking about in the passage, the Bible interprets itself. He's talking about:
"salvation of your SOULS".
If that includes the physical, then certainly it does not exclude the spiritual. It's the "salvation of your SOULS".

Finally, it does NOT say, salvation of your "bodies", nor does it say "salvation of ONLY your bodies". It does say:
"salvation of your SOULS".