Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 PM

I have Kent Hovind's whole dvd collection. he may well have enemies. but his enemies would have nothing on him if he did his taxes according to the law if the IRS.

having Enemies doesn't give one excuses for failure to withhold taxes from employees checks and deposit it each quarter into the IRS accounts for 17years.

it is not false even Kent admits to it. but just doesn't see that he did wrong.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-13-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Do you pay taxes to the Philippines government on your personal income?
yes, if I make money here over a certain amount a prescribed by Philippine law other wise there is not income tax on low income wage earners. we also have a yearly city tax which we pay and property tax which we pay.

For all my support from friends and family from the States is filed in the US by my sending church using a 1040 form. I just filed my 1040 for this year and sent it off.

how about you do yo pay your taxes?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
yes, if I make money here over a certain amount a prescribed by Philippine law other wise there is not income tax on low income wage earners. we also have a yearly city tax which we pay and property tax which we pay.

For all my support from friends and family from the States is filed in the US by my sending church using a 1040 form. I just filed my 1040 for this year and sent it off.

how about you do yo pay your taxes?
Yep, as I already told you in post no. 14, I always play by the rules. So are you required to pay taxes to the U.S., or just the Phillipine government, or both?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:23 AM

My income from the US is only taxable only in the US. I

pay a community tax and property tax in the Philippines every years. if I make over $200 a month from Philippines sources then I need to pay tax on it at the end of each year. But I don't make any money here as of yet.

when and if we go into business I need to pay business taxes, plus employee tax deductible dividends that need to be done every quarter. Or I can report the employees full wages to the BIR and the employee is responsible to pay their own tax if over $200 per month. most only live on $40 a week and never make the taxable grade

but we are not doing any business yet we are planning to do some in thenext year but we may not make any money.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Bro. Parrish

Gotcha. So the reality is, you don't pay ANY taxes yourself.
Well in that case I hope you make a lot of money with that business brother, perhaps one day you will end up having to pay 40 percent of your income to the government, like some of us in the U.S. Then, when you try to read the tax code regarding your business or employees and find that it's so complicated that an well-educated human can't even understand it, then you can come back and bash brother Hovind some more if it makes you feel good. This might prove to be a special blessing to you and strengthen your admiration for the whole process. When they take 40 percent of your income and use it for things like Planned Parenthood abortions and $650 million for digital-TV coupons, I want you to come back here and tell us how spiritual it makes you feel and what a blessing it is, okay? God bless you brother, best wishes for your success! Meanwhile here's an interesting article...

http://www.taxfoundation.org/publica...how/22917.html

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-14-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 AM

I think it is very revealing that Hovind got a 10-year sentence for a tax debt of only $3500? There are people that get far less than that for serious violent crimes. That is, if Kent is even guilty at all.

Timothy Geithner, our new Treasury Secretary owed almost 10 times that much. Is he is jail?

So, you don't see a problem there? I do.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Chette, I am a little shocked you don't support this brother in Christ who has probably done more than any other Christian to take the truth of God's Word to young people who are being brain-washed by the God hating atheists in our education system.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
I think it is very revealing that Hovind got a 10-year sentence for a tax debt of only $3500? There are people that get far less than that for serious violent crimes. That is, if Kent is even guilty at all.

Timothy Geithner, our new Treasury Secretary owed almost 10 times that much. Is he is jail?

So, you don't see a problem there? I do.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
, it looks like someone's out to make an example of Hovind, or he's just too effective at giving God the glory by pointing folks to creation science and Satan wanted him "silenced"...although what Satan means for evil, God often turns around for good.

Same God, same gospel, different audience. The thing with sharing the Gospel in jail is that most times the inmates don't need to be convinced that they're sinners. There's a lot of folks behind bars who are searching....
Old 03-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn1 View Post
There's a lot of folks behind bars who are searching....
That's a good point sister...
Old 03-15-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Gotcha. So the reality is, you don't pay ANY taxes yourself.
Well in that case I hope you make a lot of money with that business brother, perhaps one day you will end up having to pay 40 percent of your income to the government, like some of us in the U.S. Then, when you try to read the tax code regarding your business or employees and find that it's so complicated that an well-educated human can't even understand it, then you can come back and bash brother Hovind some more if it makes you feel good. This might prove to be a special blessing to you and strengthen your admiration for the whole process. When they take 40 percent of your income and use it for things like Planned Parenthood abortions and $650 million for digital-TV coupons, I want you to come back here and tell us how spiritual it makes you feel and what a blessing it is, okay? God bless you brother, best wishes for your success! Meanwhile here's an interesting article...
Been there and done that. what do you think I have been a missionary by faith all my life? I have read the Tax codes. last year I spent 3 months reading them so stick a sock in your accusations

I have owned restaurants, night clubs, Pizza Franchises. I have worked in the construction Industry, and Hotel Industry for years. I have paid taxes on every business I have been involved in. I have never cheated the IRS once in my entire life and yes my taxes paid for all that I didn't want it to go towards including abortions and since I was saved my taxes still went towards that. I put myself through Bible college and worked hard to save and yes the IRS took 40% and more because I was single with no deductions.

"I want you to come back here and tell us how spiritual it makes you feel and what a blessing it is, okay? God bless you brother, best wishes for your success!" so this is where you were going by grilling me over taxes. You know nothing

Last edited by chette777; 03-15-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
I have read the Tax codes. last year I spent 3 months reading them so stick a sock in your accusations... I have paid taxes on every business I have been involved in. I have never cheated the IRS once in my entire life and yes my taxes paid for all that I didn't want it to go towards including abortions and since I was saved my taxes still went towards that. I put myself through Bible college and worked hard to save and yes the IRS took 40% and more because I was single with no deductions.
Wow, is that anger?
Gee you sound kind of angry over paying all those taxes brother.

Quote:
so this is where you were going by grilling me over taxes. You know nothing...
Grilling you? No, I was wishing you success!
I don't know why you're getting so upset brother, after all if you can dish it out on brother Hovind,
I figured you can take a few questions.

But then again this thread was never intended to be a platform for making PERSONAL ATTACKS regarding taxes, and the first "accusations" started with your words back in post no. 9 as I recall. That was right before you started accusing your fellow members here of "man worship."

Forgive me, maybe you should calm down at this point and think about it my brother.
If I did make you feel insulted then make like a duck in water, let it roll off?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-15-2009 at 09:58 AM.