Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:53 AM
fundy

Default Mistakes

I find it interesting that many proponents of new age versions will admit to, but then ignore the many,many errors in their own versions and at the same time pick away at ever increasingly insignificant "errors' in the KJV, never acknowleging that a particular "problem" had been answered, instead turning to yet another in an effort to prove the KJV corrupt?

There are people who are not looking for answers to their questions, but justification for their use of their "version of choice"

Continuing to pander to them is a waste of time.

Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you....

Fundy
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-16-2008, 02:02 AM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
There are people who are not looking for answers to their questions, but justification for their use of their "version of choice"
Wow you got that right! I'm not sure why I actually thought againstheresies was looking for clarification on Proverbs 29:18???
Old 02-16-2008, 04:22 AM
LIVNBYFAITH

Default True Word

You know how we all know it's the true word of God. People would not work so hard to disprove it if it was'nt. If ALL people had this passion for the KJV could you imagine where we would be Spiritually.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:43 AM
fundy

I should add that we should not ignore legitimate queries and questions from Christians endevouring to increase their knowledge.

Besides, it is good faith building exercise for Bible believers to "contend for the faith" (Jude 1:3) but the Bible gives us the perfect guidline to just how far we need go when entering into discussion of this type:

2Ti 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Fundy
Old 02-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
I should add that we should not ignore legitimate queries and questions from Christians endevouring to increase their knowledge.
Yes, and in the case of a forum like this, our conversation will be seen by people earnestly searching out the matter being discussed.

It is a matter of discernment to decide how long to go on, though. I've always found it interesting that Proverbs has these two verses right next to each other:
Pr 26:4 ¶ Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Pr 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Bible thumper

I jumped in late on this. I don't think there is enough bandwidth to go into the text used by ''team NKJV''. Just another plagiarism of the other perversions of Gods word on the market today. I would say get away from the computer once in a while and do some different research.
I deal with James White wanna-be's all the time but it's just not as fun online as face to face.
The pronouns are important no matter what thou thinketh. Do more study.
It's obvious you don't believe we have Gods preserved word for you could plainly see the contradictions betwixt the NKJV and the KJB. They both can't be right.
Do more praying.
Why reject the NKJV? Because it's not the inspired word of God. It's an attempt by lofty-minded men & women who have been educated beyond their intelligence to help the poor, ignorant masses onto the path to God, who without them would surely fall straight into hell. Meanwhile, it's off to the bank to cash those checks that they've been paid to do their good deed.
No need to ask a bunch of forum board folks why this NKJV is rejected, just ask God. He'll help ya for sure with this.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:36 AM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Bible Thumper:
What if we are God's way of showing the errors to an otherwise lost person in the sea of the new translations?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Pastor Mikie

From Againstheries: Proverbs 29:18 (KJV) Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

Okay. What is the meaning of "vision" in this passage, and how did you come to that conclusion?

From the context of the passage and using an English dictionary, "vision" would seem to indicate purpose and/or direction.

I think you asked that question to try and say we can't know what that means unless we know the original Hebrew word. I find myself a little resentful about that kind of thinking. After 400 years and no English Bible is correctly translated? Why have an English Bible at all? Personally, I believe God has more power and authority than that. The KJB's 400 year legacy speaks for itself.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Pastor Mikie

I have a few questions for againstheresies:

How do you know when you are reading God's infallible Word?

What is your final authority?

How do you know the definitions in your "original language" sources is accurate?

What would it take for anyone in this forum to convince you the KJB is the Word of God?

Just a few honest questions...no offense intended.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:42 PM
ok.book.guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
What is your final authority?
Direct hit. This question always goes unanswered because it always results in an appeal to the non-existant originals.