Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Default Day of Christ

The day of the Lord is a phrase used in both the OT and NT and is usually associated with events surrounding the 7 year tribulation, 2nd coming of Christ and the Millennium. What about the day of Christ as in 2 Thessalonians 2:2? I’m just throwing this out for discussion, but it appears the day of the Lord pertains to events here on earth while the day of Christ appears to apply to the church and deals with events in heaven while the 7 year tribulation portion of the the day of the Lord is occurring. The phrase day of Christ is exclusive to the Pauline epistles with specific application to the church and includes the rapture and all events taking place in heaven (i.e. Judgment Seat of Christ…etc).

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 1:8)

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: (Philippians 1:6)

That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. (Philippians 1:10)

Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. (Philippians 2:16)

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. (2 Thessalonians 2:2)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 AM

the day of Christ is reference to the gathering of believers to him in the clouds we refer to as the rapture and the judgement seat of Christ as you affirmed. Every verse you quoted above has that understanding. Only true believers will be gathered to him before the Great Tribulation that is the day of Christ that is now at hand even closer than it has ever been before