Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:07 AM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
I was reading the King James Bible, and in Matthew 5:22, Jesus said, "... but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Then in Matthew 23:19, Jesus called the Pharisees fools.
Jesus said "Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?"

Does this mean that Jesus is in danger of Hell fire? Please explain.

By the way, since this web-site supports the KJV Bible, I quoted the scripture above from the KJV Bible. Please only use the KJV Bible when quoting scripture. Thanks.

You would be better to use your time not to ignore the overwhelming evidences that the King James is the Bible, rather than waste your time and others with foolish questions, that a simple reading would do to understand the verse.
Why do you kick against the pricks?
If you have received the love of the truth go after it. There is simply no doubt that the King James, AV, is the only word of God. To talk of infer otherwise is foolish.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-21-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Correct, the teaching of Jesus was for preparing Israel for the kingdom (millennial). Becaue during that time if you do a judgement you will be judge by your own heart and hell could be waiting for you. that is you could find yourself in hell just for that kind of judgmental attitude.

also the without a cause is ointing to the persons anger not to them calling someone crazy or a fool.

Imagine if that took place today. there would be no one left in the earth
So can we Christians be cast into heaven when we find ourselves serving Christ in his millenial kingdom?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
wwjd.usa

I agree with you all that the King James is most likely the most accurate English version Bible. As a matter of fact, I read the King James Bible myself. However, the reason that I posted this question over here, is because of 1 Peter 3:15, which says,

"...be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear"

In other words, the reason that I asked this question, is so that I would be able to provide an answer to any person who asks me a question about the King James Bible.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:01 PM
wwjd.usa

OK, so Paul and Jesus have called people "fool".

So should we follow after the teaching of Jesus and not call people "fool" or should we follow the actions of Jesus and call people "fool" if the people deserve it? This is my question.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
So can we Christians be cast into heaven when we find ourselves serving Christ in his millenial kingdom?

Peace and Love,
Stephen
I meant, can we be cast into hell.

lol,
Stephen
Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
OK, so Paul and Jesus have called people "fool".

So should we follow after the teaching of Jesus and not call people "fool" or should we follow the actions of Jesus and call people "fool" if the people deserve it? This is my question.
I believe we should avoid such terms. But that's just me. I do occassionally let one slip, but it's not the norm for me. I think we should conduct ourselves in a spirit of meekness and humility. We should not think of ourselves more highly than we ought. That being said, there are occassions when it is constructive to verbally thump someone over the head. But the KEY to every thing we do as Christians is to restore.

Galatians 6:1 (KJV) 1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
wwjd.usa

I (someone else, from the font) think that we should avoid such terms, but if we say it when the other person deserves it, it is not a sin.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
wwjd.usa

I originally thought that we should not call people "fool". However, it is interesting that Jesus commanded us not to say "fool" and at the same time, Jesus called people "fool".

I'm not sure If it's correct, but I have heard that the Gospel of Matthew was written in Greek language.

I'm an ordinary person and I don't have a Greek Bible at my house. I know that some of the people on this web-site are pastors and Bible scholars.

If anyone here has a Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic Bible, Can you look up if the word "fool" in Matthew 23:19 and Matthew 5:22 and see if the word "fool" in Greek in these two verses is the same word or a different word?

I have friends that are from the past Soviet Union. My friends say that in the Russian language, Matthew 5:22 says "fool" and Matthew 23:19 says "unsmart/non-smart".

Sometimes the Greek language uses three different word for a scripture and when it is translated to English, only one word is used. This is why I'm asking for someone here to look up these two verses in Greek and see if the Greek word for "fool" in the two verses is the same or different.

If I would have a Greek Bible, then I would do this myself. However, I don't have a Greek Bible. This is why I'm asking for you to help me.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I originally thought that we should not call people "fool". However, it is interesting that Jesus commanded us not to say "fool" and at the same time, Jesus called people "fool".

I'm not sure If it's correct, but I have heard that the Gospel of Matthew was written in Greek language.

I'm an ordinary person and I don't have a Greek Bible at my house. I know that some of the people on this web-site are pastors and Bible scholars.

If anyone here has a Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic Bible, Can you look up if the word "fool" in Matthew 23:19 and Matthew 5:22 and see if the word "fool" in Greek in these two verses is the same word or a different word?

I have friends that are from the past Soviet Union. My friends say that in the Russian language, Matthew 5:22 says "fool" and Matthew 23:19 says "unsmart/non-smart".

Sometimes the Greek language uses three different word for a scripture and when it is translated to English, only one word is used. This is why I'm asking for someone here to look up these two verses in Greek and see if the Greek word for "fool" in the two verses is the same or different.

If I would have a Greek Bible, then I would do this myself. However, I don't have a Greek Bible. This is why I'm asking for you to help me.
You don't need a greek or hebrew ANYTHING. The Word of God can be found in the King James Bible. Only in this Book can you find the authority on ALL matters of faith and practice.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible...king_james.htm

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 09-24-2008, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Christians will already be in heaven with Christ and ruling with him from the New Jerusalem. they will be in perfect bodies and perfect mind and perfect spirit holy and without blame. No a Christian during the Millenial reign cannot be cast into hell.