Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Default GREAT Tract on the KJV Bible

There is a great tract called "The Disappearing Bible" by David F. Reagan that is available from this website:

http://www.baptistink.com:80/Tracts_s/4.htm

It explains how the new versions are corrupting our pure KJV Bible, giving examples of what is left out, or changed, and the fact that these are very vital changes that deal with DOCTRINE. The tract speaks negatively of the NIV and urges you to get copies of the KJV Bible - the only TRUE Word of God in English today!

Pricing is really fabulous! (U.S.$) You can get 10 tracts for just 79 cents or 100 tracts for just $6.99 or 500 tracts for $29.99.

I may just go ahead and get 500 of them and pass them out along with any other tracts I hand out.

Hope this is helpful! It's a fabulous tract! A "must" for the serious evangelist!

Jassy
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 PM

Sis Jassy,

Those tracts look like they would be good to pass out at churches as their services end. I would need to develop more boldness (face to face, that is) in order to pass them out.

The only time I ever passed out tracts was when I had first met John and he took me with him to some big to-do at the Memorial Coliseum in Portland, OR. It was Benny Hinn or someone like him. John preached loudly outside on the sidewalk against charismatic excesses and participation in occultic practices as I hovered nearby not quite knowing what I was supposed to be doing. A group of men converged on him and demanded by what authority he preached. They wanted to know what church we went to so they could try to control him by the authority of some church leadership. We weren't attending any church. John said he was preaching by the authority of Jesus Christ! I thought they were going to beat John. I made him run with me to the car and we left.

We have cases of Chick tracts in the closet. Maybe Tony will swing by and pick us up sometime to go preaching with him on High Street near OSU in Columbus, OH. I would feel more comfortable preaching to runaways, vagrants, homosexuals and drug addicts than to christians, I think.

Your sister in Christ,

Jennifer
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 AM

Yes, sis, I think those tracts would be IDEAL for handing out to some of the "weaker" - ummmmmmm - worldly churches of today. The ones that have rock bands and laser light shows and all that other worldly stuff to attract people that just want a good show - not a good sermon. The truth is more and more being replaced by those modern bible versions. It's really sad to see!

If we lived nearby, we could be "partners in crime" - so to speak - passing out those tracts to people streaming out of those MEGA-churches that they're "planting" all over the place. Don't they know? If you plant a WEED and don't plant it in GOOD SOIL, then you end up with a weak weed that spreads decay to the other weeds!! What good does that do for anybody?

I would be more BOLD if I was with somebody to hand out tracts with to Christians. I know what you mean, I would probably also be more comfortable doing so with "street people" than with "churchy" people.

I've heard it time and time again from so many Christians, things like, "What does it MATTER which Bible we read? We're going to be raptured out of here and it won't matter anyway!!" That's a FAMOUS one for unaccountability. They want to stop communication in its track and not talk about it. Small wonder, since their pastors all preach out of the NIV or "The Message" (if it's teens they're preaching to, for example).

Sure wish we lived closer! I need a tract distribution partner!

Jassy
Old 07-02-2009, 01:28 AM

Jassy,

You could always move to Columbus. We could load up your vehicle with tracts and off we would go! When I was a brand new christian I volunteered at a runaway youth shelter. I didn't know much about the bible then but I still had my first love so I boldly preached to runaways (by stealth since it was definitely not a christian organization that ran it). The homosexual spirits of some of the boys would come up when I preached to them. How in the world did I end up where I am now?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
There is a great tract .. available from this website:

http://www.baptistink.com:80/Tracts_s/4.htm

Jassy
Sorry, but that is too funny in how it can be read. As is, or ....

baptiSTINK
Old 07-03-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Sis Jassy,

Those tracts look like they would be good to pass out at churches as their services end. I would need to develop more boldness (face to face, that is) in order to pass them out.

The only time I ever passed out tracts was when I had first met John and he took me with him to some big to-do at the Memorial Coliseum in Portland, OR. It was Benny Hinn or someone like him. John preached loudly outside on the sidewalk against charismatic excesses and participation in occultic practices as I hovered nearby not quite knowing what I was supposed to be doing. A group of men converged on him and demanded by what authority he preached. They wanted to know what church we went to so they could try to control him by the authority of some church leadership. We weren't attending any church. John said he was preaching by the authority of Jesus Christ! I thought they were going to beat John. I made him run with me to the car and we left.

We have cases of Chick tracts in the closet. Maybe Tony will swing by and pick us up sometime to go preaching with him on High Street near OSU in Columbus, OH. I would feel more comfortable preaching to runaways, vagrants, homosexuals and drug addicts than to christians, I think.

Your sister in Christ,

Jennifer
Jen, I don't have a vehicle right now, that will soon change. We'll take that walk up High Street. 5th Street in Dayton is another good one.

They called the cops on brother Bill for street preaching the other day, said there was an "ordinance" against "public" speeches here in town. Bill asked the cops, and they called the city manager, there is no "ordinance" in this town against it, they all said they were happy he was out there doing what he did. There was a man taking pictures across the street they think was the one who complained, his car was later spotted at the local Catholic Church.

Who ate with publicans and sinners, and they tried to rebuke Him for it?

Your greatest opposition on the street are from people claiming to be "Christians". Brother John's preaching had the potential not to make converts to a denomination but crimp somebody's income. Sister, I used to be a bouncer in a biker bar. With me in the group, you and John don't have to run from anybody.

Another objection "Christians" have is "...pass out tracts and nobody reads them, they just throw them down...". They get picked up and read by others. On Mars Hill the some scoffed, some said we would hear more of this.l Read my signature in all my messages. Does it say "Hail Bullinger, Hail Stam"?

His words will not return unto Him void.

I have computer problems that will be fixed soon and I can get back to email and other activities.

Grace and peace

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 07-03-2009 at 02:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-03-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Yes, sis, I think those tracts would be IDEAL for handing out to some of the "weaker" - ummmmmmm - worldly churches of today. The ones that have rock bands and laser light shows and all that other worldly stuff to attract people that just want a good show - not a good sermon. The truth is more and more being replaced by those modern bible versions. It's really sad to see!

If we lived nearby, we could be "partners in crime" - so to speak - passing out those tracts to people streaming out of those MEGA-churches that they're "planting" all over the place. Don't they know? If you plant a WEED and don't plant it in GOOD SOIL, then you end up with a weak weed that spreads decay to the other weeds!! What good does that do for anybody?

I would be more BOLD if I was with somebody to hand out tracts with to Christians. I know what you mean, I would probably also be more comfortable doing so with "street people" than with "churchy" people.

I've heard it time and time again from so many Christians, things like, "What does it MATTER which Bible we read? We're going to be raptured out of here and it won't matter anyway!!" That's a FAMOUS one for unaccountability. They want to stop communication in its track and not talk about it. Small wonder, since their pastors all preach out of the NIV or "The Message" (if it's teens they're preaching to, for example).

Sure wish we lived closer! I need a tract distribution partner!

Jassy
Jassy, I wish we all lived closer to each other.

Do you have kids, or would like to get them involved in something that would really edify them? Rent a tank of helium. Get a bag of balloons, have the kids stuff a tract in each one. Fill the balloon, tie them together, and let them release them. They go up and hit a jet stream or prevailing wind and can go thousands of miles before atmospheric pressure causes them to burst and the tract(s) come back to earth. They use to send Bibles behind the Iron Curtain this way in the Cold War. If you stamp a return address on them you'd be surprised at where they are returned from.

His words will not return unto Him void.

Grace and peace sister

Tony
Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 AM

Pneuby said: Sorry, but that is too funny in how it can be read. As is, or .... baptiSTINK

I can't find it, but isn't there a verse about the Gospel being a foul odour to the unbeliever? In that sense, this would be a compliment! <grin>

Doug A.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:15 AM

Default Where you can read the tract

Also, you can read the tract, and download some of David Reagan's audio sermons, at:

http://www.learnthebible.org/the-dis...ing-bible.html

He has an audio sermon on the preservation of the Word. I haven't listened to it yet, though.

Because of Him!