Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwgreene View Post
One of the subgroups of dispensationalism that bothers me is where they start to add works to salvation in other dispensations and during the Great Tribulation. People holding to such beliefs are usually Ruckmanites. Salvation is by grace through faith in ALL DISPENSATIONS and ALL COVENANTS. Any thoughts?
Quote:
BibleStudent - are you saying that Jesus taught that people in other dispensations and during the Great Tribulation are saved by works and faith?
Quote:
BibleStudent - which dispensations or other time periods (such as the Great Tribulation) do you add "works" to salvation?
Quote:
I am sorry, I was operating under the assumption that our frame of reference was from the Fall until the Second Coming.
As you can see by your posts (copied above) it seems that you are referencing ‘other’ and ‘ALL’ dispensations. I am sorry for any confusion.

Quote:
…Therefore, even after the Fall, Adam and Eve were saved by faith alone no personal works included.
I beg to differ. Were they saved by ‘faith’?

Adam and Eve had met God, in the garden, they interacted with Him, they knew Him, and did not need ‘faith’ in order to know that He is.

Those of us who have never seen Him, we have faith, we do not have proof.

”Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." (John 20:27-29)

Quote:
Besides our faith in God does not save us. Even the devils believe in God and they tremble. We are saved because we place our faith and trust in Christ to save us. This is more than just a mere belief in God, but rather a specific trusting in God's Son, Jesus Christ, and the substitutionary atonement He made for us on the cross.
Faith in God is different from the devils, for they know Who God is, they called Jesus by His Title, His Name. They didn’t believe, as in having ‘faith’ that God exists, they KNEW.

Big difference, brother.