Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:42 PM

You gotta divide Brother

It's not like there are two gospels around today and people have a choice or something.

A Jew can't just say "Well, I'll go with the Kingdom Gospel since I like it better, and it's meant for me". That gospel isn't here anymore. It was, and now it's gone.

When we say "It's for the jews", we mean It WAS for the jews, living at the time that that Gospel was FOR them, or we mean It WILL be for the Jews, when God starts dealing with them again as a nation.

Right now, no Jew is going to be saved by living according to a Kingdom Gospel because the Kingdom is not being offered anymore. They are saved just like us.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophgetter View Post

Ephesians 2:2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

You will notice that even us Gentiles are built upon the foundation of the 12 apostles and the prophets. So much for this idea that the 12 apostles teachings were for the Jews and Paul's teachings were for the Gentiles. Do you guys actually believe that Paul's teachings contradict the 12 apostles teachings? Where you got this from, I have no idea, but one thing I do know. You didn't get it from the Bible.
I didn't read "twelve apostles", nor have I seen "Old Testament prophets" in Ephesians 2:20.

Paul is called "the apostle of the Gentiles", and he is not one of the "twelve". Barnabas is also a church apostle, but he was never part of the "twelve". The church had prophets then, but none were "Old Testament prophets" (John the Baptist being the last prophet under the Law.)

Doesn't Romans 5:4 contradict James 2:20,24, unless one rightly divides it?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:17 AM

Gophgetter,

We all will live forever in glorified physical bodies eventually. and we will live productive christian lives if we abstain from sin. youunderstand death as eternity in hell and life as eternity in heaven every time you see them.

Everyone of the follwing verse from The BOOK tells us of this Gospel. You will notice Jesus taught it too. SO it is not the Gopel of the shed blood of Christ on the cross.
Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
Matthew 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Mark 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

the Only one Gospel as Paul put iot along with one faith and one Spirit is the Gospel of Grace. all the verse you quoted in your post#80 are applied to the Current Dipensation or Church AGE. durng this time is the Gospel of Grace which is called teh Gospel of Christ, the Gospel of God, The Gospel of His Son, my Gospel, the Gospel of peace, the gospel committed unto me (Paul), Christ's Gospel, our(Paul's)Gospel, and the Gospel of your salvation. these terms were never used for the Kingdom Gospel. all these terms are known as or synonomise(sp?) to the Gospel of Grace.

Of Which if you or angel preach any other Gospel other than the gospel of Grace in this dispensation you are to be anathenma.

you willnotice that the angel preaching from heaven in Rev 14 is preaching an everlasting Gospel and what it entails is fear God and he who created teh univers for judgement is at hand. it is niether the Kingdom Gospel of the Gospel of Paul for the church age. and that Angel does not receive anathema.

the Prophets never preached any Gospel of Grace, and the Apostles always preach a Gospel of the Kingdom in which hearers had to repent, be baptised for the remisison of sins see Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. this is the Kingdom Gospel. When Paul says that the foundation he is right they were allowed first to pave the way as in Act 10.

you will notice in Act 10 God cuts off Peter from going any further than the blood of Christ and God gave them the Holy Ghost without repenting orbeing baptized. that is because the Gospel message of salvation willbe offered to the Gentiles and the Jews alike no longer the Gospel of the Kingdom which was to have been ushered in if Israel would have beleived the message of the Apostles. the Gospel of the Kingdom always had works look at John the Baptist when he preached the gospel of the Kingdom and Jesus when he taught it. Works always had to accompany it.

Again rightly dividing is your problem not mine. you have been shared how to Rightly divide. You have been shown your misunderstandings, and you will not recieve our words.

we do not believe our KJ Bibles have any contradictions. We simply see what is the three types of interpretations for applications today by right division. Historical, Spiritual and Doctrinal. and we see the three Gospel as taugth in the NT of which you are blind to and you say you are a Bible Believer?

tell me something. What does Gophgetter stand for? Is it your last name?

Last edited by chette777; 08-25-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 AM

Sorry Gophgetter I guess you wont be able to answer my question about your name seeing that in the time it took me to adress your questions you had been banned from posting in the forums.

We pray the Lord set you free from disception and that he allows you to study rightly.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 AM

God bless everyone that defended the simplicity that is in Christ and may the LORD open the eyes, hearts and minds of those that are proponents of the heresy that is loss of salvation. I felt that I was not learned enough in scripture to continue against the brick wall that Gophgetter had built up but I praise God that many of you were able to answer in the way the LORD Jesus Christ would see fit. I pray that Gophgetter one day sees the truth that all these Blessed men have been trying to show him and simply asks forgiveness, because to be honest what he teaches hurts me, it hurts me because I know My LORD Jesus will never leave me and I hurt because the man does not have that "peace" that he always finishes his posts with.

In My Saviour's name, THE LORD Jesus Christ.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM

*sigh* I do not agree with how things have proceeded here. There is no wisdom in this. All I see are a bunch of people with stones in hand...
Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
*sigh* I do not agree with how things have proceeded here. There is no wisdom in this. All I see are a bunch of people with stones in hand...
Dearest Stephen,

maybe, It seems to me, you are seeing through self righteous glasses of your own making.

We have tried to help you gently and honestly. you have taken every attempt of help i.e. suggestions, corrections, instructions, admonition, reproof and rebuke as an attack on you. but nothing could be further from the truth.

And once again you judge us with your scale of unjust wieghts of prejudice, and bitterness.

Why you feel that injustice is being done is because another person who was in error and even admitting it has been removed from posting. a strand of three cords is not easily broken. and when the cords of false hood and error are strong it is hard to break its influence. so teh cord has been severed again. But you are still allowed to post you will not be encouraged by Brandon or anyone else to be strong in error only strong in truth.

May I give you some advice. if you are here on this forum to learn then do so.

stop feeling everybody is attacking you and others, or not acting out of love. Proverbs 17:20 He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: . . . take time to meditate on this verse carefully. you never seem to find good in some of our attempts to help you and others better understand the Bible you claim to believe in.

God bless you with a pure heart and His will.

Last edited by chette777; 08-25-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Dearest Stephen,

maybe, It seems to me, you are seeing through self righteous glasses of your own making.

We have tried to help you gently and honestly. you have taken every attempt of help i.e. suggestions, corrections, instructions, admonition, reproof and rebuke as an attack on you. but nothing could be further from the truth.

And once again you judge us with your scale of unjust wieghts of prejudice, and bitterness.

Why you feel that injustice is being done is because another person who was in error and even admitting it has been removed from posting. a strand of three cords is not easily broken. and when the cords of false hood and error are strong it is hard to break its influence. so teh cord has been severed again. But you are still allowed to post you will not be encouraged by Brandon or anyone else to be strong in error only strong in truth.

May I give you some advice. if you are here on this forum to learn then do so.

stop feeling everybody is attacking you and others, or not acting out of love. Proverbs 17:20 He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: . . . take time to meditate on this verse carefully. you never seem to find good in some of our attempts to help you and others better understand the Bible you claim to believe in.

God bless you with a pure heart and His will.
I've moved on Chette, this isn't about me. I am not here to speak on my behalf, but on behalf of gophgetter who I'm concerned about. I don't think the way he was treated was good for him, and more importantly I think it has established a spirit here where if anyone doesn't agree with someone, all they have to do is throw around the word heretic enough times and uses verses like Romans 16:17 to get someone banned from the forums. There are those on these forums who attacked him quite violently (they know who they are...) and these folks above all concern me. These folks are sowing seeds of animosity which I'd rather not see bear fruit on these forums. Ultimately I believe things could have been handled differently. Perhaps I'm wrong, and I haven't been privy to private discussions etc, but with what I have to go on, I feel is enough to indicate that there was a chance to help the fellow see the error in his thinking. Am I wrong? Was there no hope in helping gophgetter?

Stephen
Old 08-26-2008, 12:58 AM

the same applies to Gophgetter.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:26 AM

Regarding gophgetter, I do not think that any man on this forum would have been able to change his mind regarding the eternal salvation issues, scripture fully supporting the doctrine of eternal salvation was given to him, and it was countered by misapplied and misinterpreted scripture, there was no give. I completely agree with Brandon in the fact that he only seemed to join to propagate the heresy of eternal salvation and his mind was fixed in one direction, as was his heart, loss of salvation. Now I done a quick search for gophgetter on the net and found a few sites that he is also on, and one of them he shares his testimony. From what I read it seems to me that gophgetter has some charismatic beliefs, ie the receiving of the Holy Ghost as it happened in Acts, which would explain the loss of salvation heresy. I will put the link here if anyone cares to view.

http://www.mychurch.org/blog/192449/My-Testimony