Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Jassy, you are a blessing to me.

I have to bow out because I get in the flesh so easily but I do rejoice wholeheartedly in the brethren here who "speak forth the words of truth and soberness".

1 Thessalonians 5:12-16 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore.
You are a blessing to me also, sis. I think, both having come from churches that had very strong doctrinal teachings, in error, we have so many similarities. I thank the Lord that we are able to be members of this Forum and soak up all of the TRUTH posted here. Scriptures cannot be twisted to mean something different from what was said. Then it is no longer the truth, but a LIE. When it comes from the Bible, we recognize it as TRUTH.

Jassy
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-24-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Again we see you attacking brother Ruckman on this forum.
I don't think Ruckman hates you. Just because someone has a problem with some of your rotten doctrine doesn't mean they hate you. Smarten up, Tony.
"My" doctrine is not "rotten" because it does away with your sacrament, and you can discuss it with Christ at the Judgment Seat brother. Your slavish devotion to a man will also be discussed. I'm yet to quote Cornelius Stam, Richard Jordan, Baker, Darby, you don't have the Scriptural knowledge to "rebutt" me in the water baptism thread, or any thread for that matter, so you turn us over to Dr. Ruckman, some Pharisee named Walker, and Harry Ironside who's not here to get Scripturally scourged by moi'. Would you like a thread in this forum where I'll discuss Ruckman's commentary on Genesis 9? Or do you agree with it? Smarten up? Pfft!(Your and Ruckman's condescending dismissal, see your reply to me in the water baptism thread)
And don't rebuke an elder when he's not done anything to you except maybe expose your guru.

Grace and peace Brother Parrish, if you understand what either mean.

Tony
Old 06-24-2009, 12:25 AM

Tbones,

I do not agree with Ruckman 100% that is for sure some of his snipes and scholarship has left a bad taste in many's life.

but please slow down a bit with BroParish, I and others. I am reminded of Romans 15:1, 2 and it just might be what is needed here in dealing with him.

Our reason to be on the forum is to edify one another.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Tbones,

I do not agree with Ruckman 100% that is for sure some of his snipes and scholarship has left a bad taste in many's life.

but please slow down a bit with BroParish, I and others. I am reminded of Romans 15:1, 2 and it just might be what is needed here in dealing with him.

Our reason to be on the forum is to edify one another.
Chette, I think Brother Parrish needs to be the one that slows down and stop following me all over the forum like the demon possessed girl in Acts 16 taking his little snipes at the "dry cleaner" and defending Dr. Ruckman. Dr. Ruckman can join this forum and defend himself. Dr. Ruckman don't need any imitators, he does a bad enough job being himself without 40,000 clones of himself out there. His obnoxious, condescending attitude don't work for him, it's not going to and don't work for others.

Gal. 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

I post these verses of Scripture for nothing, Chette, if they had been read by those in the Bride Baptist movement and believed, you and I would not be having this conversation.

Grace and peace Chette

Tony
Old 06-24-2009, 04:16 AM

TBones,

While I do agree with you on your consensus of BroParish and that he needs an attitude adjustment for sure.

you and I can do and be better than him.

I agree to the amount of clones Ruckman has inadvertently produced, and while I know him to be crass at times. He does have some useful insight to scriptures. and true if we would believe more of the Bible than just quote it, there would be no conversation as we have had.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Chette, I think Brother Parrish needs to be the one that slows down and stop following me all over the forum like the demon possessed girl in Acts 16 taking his little snipes at the "dry cleaner" and defending Dr. Ruckman.
LOL, your claws are showing again.
I know Ruckman, and all I was saying was I don't think he holds a "bitter hatred" for you. At that point you launched into a salivated fountain of disgusting remarks about demon possessed girls? Is this how they handle things over at your Grace movement? Yes, I repeat, smarten up.

If anyone on this forum has shown evidence of something even close to "bitter hatred" it would be YOU taking your shots at HIM. Is it possible you have a "bitter hatred" for Ruckman because he exposes hyperdispensationalism? Do you feel the same way about me? Let's be clear; you got nowhere on the Baptism thread because almost no one here including the owner of the forum agrees with your doctrine. That doesn't mean anyone hates you, not Ruckman, not Bro. Tim, not FredoHeaven and especially not me. Are you listening?

No matter, I don't even agree with Doc on every issue, but the man has done a lot of good and I don't see any "bitter hatred" in the man for people like yourself, and if you take a swipe like that at Bro. Ruckman, you can expect to get called out on it sir. You can attack me, howl at the moon and eat green cheese if you want, but it won't change anything.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 PM

BroParish,

Need I remind you that I have experienced your rhetoric and tactics in dealing with me on a issue of a MAN?

I know your ways and you can be very abrasive and often if a persons roughs someone they get rough.

So for you as well Roms 15:1,2. Some people do not care for Ruckman. you do. I care for him but I don't agree with all he says and teaches. He at time is Cankerous.
And I am sure you will admit that. so it is no surprise that people are against him.

TBones never said anything really bad about Ruckman and even if he did it is not up to us to defend him. in so doing it will only cause strife, Sedition and emulation. so why don't you be the stronger one and drop it.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Bro. Parrish

Chette,
First you badger people for personal information on the forum.
Now it seems you are stirring the pot again.

Look brother, I appreciate your suggestion, how about this;
I will defend whoever I WANT to DEFEND.

Who are you to tell ME who to defend, while at the same time you yourself are sitting here DEFENDING those who make false accusations against God's man in the pulpit... how many subtle shades of hypocrisy do you live in?

I'll stick to my guns on this, brother Pete is not perfect but he has been a great blessing to me and many others over the years. You can attack me all you want, but the man has done a lot of good and I don't see any "bitter hatred" in the man for people like Grace believers, and if people take a swipe like that at Bro. Ruckman, or Brother Gipp, (or any other men who stand for God's Book and good doctrine) well they can expect to get called out on it.
I'm certainly not angry at you or anyone else Chette, but it is what it is.
Now, let's see if YOU can "be the stronger one" and drop it.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 06-25-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 PM

If you will look at what I have shared I have given you defense as well as to your childishness in Christ. which shows even more through your posts not just #39. you may be older than I but you are as childish as they come and I say that respectfully.

you can defend who ever and all you want but it wont add one reward to your glory or his at the Judgment seat of Christ. You would do better to work on your own heart than to defend another man's weakness to which he also will give account to God.

And when he does stand to give account are you going to stand up for him then? I thro not. for Christ is his advocate and we need no other.

so why defend him to a Brother in the Lord who had God in his heart. Be the stronger one bro and bear with the infirmities of he that is weak. Don't be a weak brother who judges and don't be the stronger one who despises his brothers in the Lord. ALL of which have come through your post in dealing with me, Tbones and others.

Even if we all don't agree have a little respect for Christ in them and me. NOW we can drop it. ok?

Last edited by chette777; 06-25-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
you can defend who ever and all you want but it wont add one reward to your glory or his at the Judgment seat of Christ. You would do better to work on your own heart than to defend another man's weakness to which he also will give account to God.
Well that's the whole point; in the context of this banter I don't see that weakness of "hatred" in Ruckman, maybe you do but I don't. So you are agreeing with this nonsense, you are saying that Bro. Ruckman has a "bitter hatred" for Grace believers, is that what you are vomiting up now Chette?

Quote:
Don't be a weak brother who judges...
Brother who judges? What on earth are you talking about?
Tony made an untrue statement about Ruckman.
I commented that Ruckman did not harbor that kind of hate. End of story.
At that point you got involved for what purpose?
Maybe for JUDGING?

As everyone can plainly see, you have done
NOTHING BUT JUDGE ME in the last several posts...
let's take a look at who is JUDGING...

"I know your ways and you can be very abrasive." - Chette

"you may be older than I but you are as childish as they come" - Chette

"I do agree with you on your consensus of BroParish
and that he needs an attitude adjustment for sure." - Chette

You wanna talk about ABRASIVE? I have made no such comments about you here, it's a one way street of personal insults. This is not the first time you have spewed personal venom at me here, and you have done it to others like Winman too. Which might not be unusual on a forum, WERE IT NOT FOR YOUR CALLING. Chette, you might want to back up and examine yourself in the mirror. Frankly and with no anger, I think you should reconsider and pray about your behavior as a PASTOR on this forum, because if this is how you run your ministry I could never support it in any way. Again I ask you, how many shades of hypocrisy do you live in sir?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 06-26-2009 at 08:11 AM.