Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post

Brother Brandon - I don't think that giving a very general time period of "Fall of 2011" is preaching a DATE. The Lord said we will not know the HOUR or DAY. He didn't say we will not know the SEASON or YEAR. I don't see anything wrong with knowing the SEASONS and being READY. We can't just close our eyes and not see all that is happening around us and say, "NAH! He's not coming now!" The truth is we don't know! But the Lord did tell us that we could have an INDICATION of when these things might occur.
Who is saying "he's not coming now?" Not me -- the person you are replying to. I said I believe the coming of Christ is imminent. Who is this person who is saying he can't come back before the 2011? Who dares limit Christ in that way?

I understand your point, but you are being highly technical by saying we can put a year on the return because Scripture only says we can't put a "day" or "hour" on it.

Look at it this way: by 2011, there will have been over 1900 years since the Lord was working his earthly ministry. That's over 7,600 "seasons." I don't think anybody should be nailing down a particular "season" just because he can "get away" with not saying what day during the season.

If 2012 comes without the return of Christ, what will you do with the false prophets that said he would return in 2011?