Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

View Poll Results: What Bible(s) Do You agree With (Approve Of)?
All versions 0 0%
All versions
0 0%
All versions no matter what text they use as long as they translate it as best as possible 2 10.53%
All versions no matter what text they use as long as they translate it as best as possible
2 10.53%
All versions that come from the TR 1 5.26%
All versions that come from the TR
1 5.26%
Only the KJV1611 4 21.05%
Only the KJV1611
4 21.05%
All KJV editions 10 52.63%
All KJV editions
10 52.63%
Only the Pure Cambridge Edition 1 5.26%
Only the Pure Cambridge Edition
1 5.26%
None of the above (please explain) 1 5.26%
None of the above (please explain)
1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I know most here are anti-other versions but this is mainly to see what KJVO view you hold. I recently learnd about the Pure Cambridge Edition only belief.
Hello Just_A_Thought,
I recently learned about Matthew Verschuur's (BibleProtector) research into the various editions of the King James Bible text. I appreciate his work in this area, work that has been done by many others but none seem to have gone to the extent that Matthew has gone. I appreciate knowing where their might be a printing error. I do not find any of these printing errors to cause me any doubt, for example, in Matthew 4:1 I know it was the Holy Ghost who led Jesus into the desert regardless of whether Spirit is capitalized or not.
I own several King James Bibles, most of them published by Thomas Nelson. I have my very first Nelson Bible that I received at age six when I first believed - complete with an autograph from Dr. Bob Jones Jr. I also own the King James Study Bible but I rarely, if ever use it. My favorite Bible is my Nelson Pocket Companion Bible because of the small size. I have a early 1900s Holman that belonged to my grandfather and the Hendrickson's reproduction of the 1611 edition, just to have a copy. My most recent purchase was the Collins paperback that contains the "Pure Cambridge Edition" as confirmed by Matthew. I bought this simply to have a copy, not to abandon my use of my other King James Bible. I will likely purchase the Allan Pitt Minion edition because the size is nearly identical to my Nelson Pocket Companion Bible, will last forever due to the quality of Allan's publishing process, and as an extra bonus it does contain the Pure Cambridge Edition text.

Peace,
Harley
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software