General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Maybe I didn't make it clear...

It's a Jewish book written to Jewish people about a Jewish King that is better than Jewish sacrifices, and this is the part I may have forgot, it applies doctrinally during the Jewish dispensation of Jacob's (Israel) Trouble (The Tribulation).

So anyone living in the tribulation can lose their salvation (taking the mark of the beast, worshipping the beast etc).

The second verse is from II Peter I think, and once again, it says Dog, not Sheep. Dogs are unsaved people. And since it doctrinally applies to the tribulation, it is an unsaved gentile.
So, are you saying that Gentiles have no use or need of the book of Hebrews?

And, if so, what other books of the bible are not for Gentiles? I've never heard of anyone saying certain books of the bible are not useful or needed by Gentiles.
Who taught you that?
I'm reading Gipps bible history, and it sounds like what you're saying is, we common lay people might not know the REAL story about the bible.

You're obviously not a calvinist. But, you believe people can become unsaved.
Why?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-30-2009, 06:10 AM

Oh, well. Thanks for your answers so far.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:30 PM

Noone can lose this salvation in this dispensation of God. During the next dispensation, the tribulation, God's is dealing with the Jews, and they will be able to lose their salvation.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Noone can lose this salvation in this dispensation of God. During the next dispensation, the tribulation, God's is dealing with the Jews, and they will be able to lose their salvation.
Where does it say that, in the bible? How can someone NOT lose their salvation now, but lose it later? It doesn't sound right to my uneducated ears.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:46 PM

Luke,

I think I said it before, I am called a Calvinist by my Charismatic and Pentecostal friends and I am called Arminian by my Baptist friends (who hold to Calvinism). My friends that are Baptist or non-denominational who rightly divide we are called Bible Believers.

it is always the nature of men to place people into categories rather then look at them as brothers and sisters in the Lord and to exercise charity. We will be found in one of two places either a strong brother who is not to despise the weak or a weaker brother who is not to judge the stronger.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
So, are you saying that Gentiles have no use or need of the book of Hebrews?

And, if so, what other books of the bible are not for Gentiles? I've never heard of anyone saying certain books of the bible are not useful or needed by Gentiles.
Who taught you that?
I'm reading Gipps bible history, and it sounds like what you're saying is, we common lay people might not know the REAL story about the bible.

You're obviously not a calvinist. But, you believe people can become unsaved.
Why?
The first verse of the Book of James goes :

James 1:1

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

The book is meant literally for Jews, but Gentiles can learn greatly from it. But James is a subject on its own.

"But, you believe people can become unsaved."

I have heard you can renounce your Faith, but I haven't found anything to support that.