Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:12 PM

Default Inspired?

I have a question...

Where did the belief that the KJV was inspired come from? This always confuses me between the teaching of the KJV being purified and then the teaching that it was inspired and perfect from 1611 on. Can someone show me what I am missing on this? Thanks!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Bro. Parrish

What you are missing?
Yes, apparently you are missing the ability to grasp the concept of a preserved, inerrant Bible. Please see my comments and review of your posts here:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270&page=10
Old 01-23-2009, 07:31 PM

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Please note that the word of God only effectually works in those who BELIEVE.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
I have a question...

Where did the belief that the KJV was inspired come from? This always confuses me between the teaching of the KJV being purified and then the teaching that it was inspired and perfect from 1611 on. Can someone show me what I am missing on this? Thanks!
"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." (Mark 9:23,24)

There are any number of people here who would love to help you, but until you truly want to understand, you won't be able to.

When, deep down inside your self, you truly desire to know God and understand His word, He'll make it clear. Until then, don't be surprised if some people get tired of what appears to be scoffing coming from you, and choose to ignore your 'questions'.

I wish you the best. May your heart someday be tender and yielding to God's word.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:02 PM

The Bible was inspired and perfect in its original form, and then it was preserved by God into a complete English Bible in 1611. therefore the KJV 1611 Authorized version is inspired, perfect and preserved to date.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 PM

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16 KJV)

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV)

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. (Psalms 12:6 KJV)

And since the KJB is a purification of the Word's which God promised that He Himself would preserve, the KJB contains the same authority as the words that were originally put down by the holy men who spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:21).
Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 PM

Most KJBO people do not believe that the translators of 1611 were inspired men. That claim is broad-brushed onto all KJBOs by various folk on the other side of the debate, but is both untrue and dishonest. A few KJBOs might have argued for a 1604-1611 inspiration, which is not representative of all KJBOs. Also, a few KJBOs may have said they hold to this idea because they are told they believe this by the opposition.

Often these accusations come by twisting words. If a KJBO says he believes the KJB to be inspired, meaning that it presents what was originally inspired in the Autographs, his words may be taken and twisted to mean that he believes that the Bible was made by inspiration in 1611.

That's why accusations like, "Which edition of the KJV is the inspired one?" are really false accusations.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post

There are any number of people here who would love to help you, but until you truly want to understand, you won't be able to.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:10 AM

Default Re: "Inspired?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
"I have a question...

"
Just A Thought,

If you had searched out the word "Inspiration" on this Forum you would have seen that there are 139 "Threads" that had the word in it. If you had searched out the word "Inspiration" on this Forum you would have seen that there are 354 "Posts" that had the word in it.

However, a wonderful brother from India (Moses LemuelRaj), has set out the case for "Inspiration" as well as anything that I have read. The following "Thread" contains two of his essays on the subject:
http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...19&postcount=1

As to where this "belief" came from, I believe that most ordinary folks (from the time of its publication) have believed that the King James Bible is inspired. It takes a college education or studying college educated "skeptics" to believe otherwise. Not all King James Bible believers hold to this belief - I do.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." (Mark 9:23,24)

When, deep down inside your self, you truly desire to know God and understand His word, He'll make it clear. Until then, don't be surprised if some people get tired of what appears to be scoffing coming from you, and choose to ignore your 'questions'.

I wish you the best. May your heart someday be tender and yielding to God's word.
Just because I do not agree does not mean I am scoffing or my heart is not tender. I have no reason to scoff at anyone here. I believe everyone here has a true desire to serve God and are more than likely saved.

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them very much.