General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM

Right on, brother. I've done some 'debating' on secular boards, and that's the way the unbelievers try to get away from the simplicity of either accepting or rejecting Jesus' offer of salvation.

There are lots of 'what if' questions that are used against our witness, and the best thing to do is to steer the conversation back to the importance of salvation. Once someone believes, and is born again, the Lord will help them to understand, eventually, if they're really interested in learning more about Him and His will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmark Hour Baptist View Post
Well, I haven't looked at the site yet, so I am going off what you have said. My response to him would be: Get right with the Lord and He will answer that for you.

I am not a great soul winner. I do not witness in public as I should. But I learned this. Our enemies: the world, the flesh, and the devil, will use any thing they can to distract you as a Christian from doing the Lord's will.

If this guy really is saved and has backslidden, then his problem isn't what are we going to do with the women who have abortions, his problem is sin. His sin. He needs to get right with the Lord. It is like when you are witnessing to someone and say, "You need to trust Jesus Christ as your savior," and they respond by asking you how did all those animals get on the ark. Well, what does the ark have to do with salvation? They aren't asking because that is what is keeping them from trusting Christ, they're asking to try and distract you from witnessing and so they won't have to answer your question.

Fact is, we are so far away from banning abortion, it isn't funny. You might as well ask who is going to be allowed to fly the magic unicorns. Ronald Reagan couldn't end abortion. George W Bush had a Republican congress and he couldn't stop it. What on earth would make him think that BO and the overwhelmingly liberal congress and overwhelmingly liberal judicial branch and the overwhelmingly liberal American Bar Association and the overwhelmingly liberal states of New York, California, et al are going to decide to ban abortion? In the past election when people would bring up that Sarah Palin would ban abortions, I would ask if they understood exactly how our government works.

No. this guy thinks he is cute because he thought up a "gotcha" question. (Or, more likely, heard it from someone else. And it is not even a very good question. There are some sticky questions regarding abortion for absolute pro-lifers. This isn't one of them.)

Tell him to get right with the Lord and the Lord will answer that for him.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-25-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Right on, brother. I've done some 'debating' on secular boards, and that's the way the unbelievers try to get away from the simplicity of either accepting or rejecting Jesus' offer of salvation.

There are lots of 'what if' questions that are used against our witness, and the best thing to do is to steer the conversation back to the importance of salvation. Once someone believes, and is born again, the Lord will help them to understand, eventually, if they're really interested in learning more about Him and His will.
I agree with both of you "HAI" and "LHB". Well said.
Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.