Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:01 PM

Chette-"I didn't mean to hurt anyone."

Sometimes when Americans say "Ouch" in this context it means you've struck a nerve, or what you say is true and it hits close to home or it is convicting.

In order to obey this:

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

we have to die to self.

Ouch!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I didn't mean to hurt anyone.

It just seems people want easy work like praying for the peace of Jerusalem, being nice to Jews, follow the ten commandments, tithe to a local church.

to the Pharisees Christ appealed to them not to neglect weightier matters like Mercy justice while they tithe the littlest bit of their substance.

Today Christian seems to be neglecting the more weightier matters of Romans 12, 13, 14.

I am just as guilty as any other I am not saying I am perfect or have attained it. but rather that our focus should be to that which God really wants that we present him our bodies as living sacrifices I have found the more I do this all that follows in Romans comes quite naturally.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Thanks for that exhortation in Romans 12, brother Chette. It was an ouch from the Holy Spirit "operating" through the word of God. Oh wretched man that I am!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM

Default Re: " works after salvation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post

Sometimes when Americans say "Ouch" in this context it means you've struck a nerve, or what you say is true and it hits close to home or it is convicting.

In order to obey this:

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

we have to die to self.

Ouch!

Aloha sister greenbear,

If you knew brother Forrest (as I do from his Posts on the Forum; his web site http://www.christdirected.com/; and a small amount of correspondence between us), you would have known the "OUCH" was not in "protest", as much as it is in "acknowledgment" of how "true" those words of Scripture are, and how most of us fall far "short" in measuring up to them.

If you will "check out" some of brother Forrest's Posts on the Forum (and his web site) you will find a fellow brother in Christ who is "preoccupied" with the PERSON of our LORD and SAVIOUR - JESUS CHRIST; and who seeks to GLORIFY Jesus Christ in ALL of his Posts, comments, and writings.

I especially appreciate brother Forrest for his "emphasis" on WHO our Saviour is, because I sometimes get so caught up in God's word (words) that I sometimes neglect WHO they are about!

God has used brother Forrest in my life to "remind" me that although I should love, honor, and obey His Holy written words - I must never forget WHO "THE WORD" OF GOD IS:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

There are a lot of fine Christian brethren on the AV1611 Bible Forums, but God has used brother Forrest to bless me especially, so that I don't "lose track" about WHO our light, our life, and our salvation is all about. I hope that you will check out his Posts and web page, I'm sure that they will be as much a blessing to you, as they have been to me.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha sister greenbear,

If you knew brother Forrest (as I do from his Posts on the Forum; his web site http://www.christdirected.com/; and a small amount of correspondence between us), you would have known the "OUCH" was not in "protest", as much as it is in "acknowledgment" of how "true" those words of Scripture are, and how most of us fall far "short" in measuring up to them.

If you will "check out" some of brother Forrest's Posts on the Forum (and his web site) you will find a fellow brother in Christ who is "preoccupied" with the PERSON of our LORD and SAVIOUR - JESUS CHRIST; and who seeks to GLORIFY Jesus Christ in ALL of his Posts, comments, and writings.

I especially appreciate brother Forrest for his "emphasis" on WHO our Saviour is, because I sometimes get so caught up in God's word (words) that I sometimes neglect WHO they are about!

God has used brother Forrest in my life to "remind" me that although I should love, honor, and obey His Holy written words - I must never forget WHO "THE WORD" OF GOD IS:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

There are a lot of fine Christian brethren on the AV1611 Bible Forums, but God has used brother Forrest to bless me especially, so that I don't "lose track" about WHO our light, our life, and our salvation is all about. I hope that you will check out his Posts and web page, I'm sure that they will be as much a blessing to you, as they have been to me.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
Aloha, Brother George! I believe my post explained and supported brother Forrest's post. I'm not sure what you think I was conveying other than agreement with Brother Forrest's post and explaining what the colloquilism "Ouch" meant since it is one I have used myself. Did I commit a faux pas responding to brother Chette on behalf of Brother Forrest? If that is the point then I apologise. If that's not it then I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:51 PM

Default Re: "works after salvation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post

In order to obey this:

we have to die to self.

Ouch!

Aloha sister greenbear,

You have nothing to "apologize" for. I just thought when you said: "Sometimes when Americans say "Ouch" in this context it means you've struck a nerve, or what you say is true and it hits close to home or it is convicting." that the statement was possibly in reference to brother Forrest.

All of what you said is absolutely true and I agree wholeheartedly with the entire statement, I may have misunderstood HOW you were applying it and to WHOM.

Anyway, it's no big deal - as long as I haven't offended you; and if I have, I apologize. On the other hand, I would still recommend that you check out brother Forrest's Posts and Web site. I know of very few Christians that are as conscience of the importance of the Lord Jesus Christ's living within in us, and His influence in a Christian's life as brother Forrest is.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:

as long as I haven't offended you; and if I have, I apologize
See! Brother George is just a big softy! He even knows how to say "I apologize", something I have had great difficulty doing my whole life.

Brother George, I myself enjoy your experience and scholarship. And I respect a person who stands for their principles. I have heard preachers say,

"A man who does not stand for his principles will fall for anything"

I do not always agree with you 100%, I have never known any two people who agree 100%. But I agree with probably 99% of what you say and write. I am not kissing up, but I respect an elder in the faith.

I went over to the FFF about an hour ago because I was told they were ridiculing me (and they were) about a UFO experience I wrote about. They had another thread going, ridiculing you. I am very complimented and privilaged to share this persecution with you.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

Amen and Amen!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
See! Brother George is just a big softy! He even knows how to say "I apologize", something I have had great difficulty doing my whole life.

Brother George, I myself enjoy your experience and scholarship. And I respect a person who stands for their principles. I have heard preachers say,

"A man who does not stand for his principles will fall for anything"

I do not always agree with you 100%, I have never known any two people who agree 100%. But I agree with probably 99% of what you say and write. I am not kissing up, but I respect an elder in the faith.

I went over to the FFF about an hour ago because I was told they were ridiculing me (and they were) about a UFO experience I wrote about. They had another thread going, ridiculing you. I am very complimented and privilaged to share this persecution with you.
Brother Winman, if I ever rate a mention over there at FFF, I'll know I have arrived and been called to the battlefield. I'm suited up with my armor, and ready to unsheath the Sword of the Spirit! But I don't think I'll go over to the battlefield - I'm not much for playing in somebody else's field. I'll remain here, in the TRUE field - because my Sword of the Spirit is the KJV!!

Jassy
Old 05-26-2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I didn't mean to hurt anyone.

It just seems people want easy work like praying for the peace of Jerusalem, being nice to Jews, follow the ten commandments, tithe to a local church.

to the Pharisees Christ appealed to them not to neglect weightier matters like Mercy justice while they tithe the littlest bit of their substance.

Today Christian seems to be neglecting the more weightier matters of Romans 12, 13, 14.

I am just as guilty as any other I am not saying I am perfect or have attained it. but rather that our focus should be to that which God really wants that we present him our bodies as living sacrifices I have found the more I do this all that follows in Romans comes quite naturally.
Chette, my friend and brother, I agree with the others in this thread. The "ouch" was a comment that if you say the message that Forrest "ouched" to, he means that you say this to 1000 Christians today and 3/4ths would drop dead. I guess it's an American way of saying AMEN!. I am a former mortician, an embalmer to be exact, and when I say to blood bought and fervent Christians fired up with grace and the Holy Ghost, when I say you need to get out of Matthew and James, and I Peter and Acts, and get into Romans through Philemon, the books written to you, somebody may as well start carting the embalming fluid in.

Look the word "ambassador" up in the dictionary. That's what I think you are and many here are, and what we need more of. We got too many Christians on the parade ground, we need more front line troops.

Grace and peace Chette

Tony
Old 05-26-2009, 05:03 AM

Amen Tony