Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2009, 06:47 AM

Amen Brother Forrest. Great post.

Quote:
We must simply receive Him in faith. We all know this basic doctrine of Christian living. What is different now, believer? Are you trying instead of trusting? Are you laboring instead of resting? We walk in Christ the same way we received Him…by faith, trust, dependence, and helplessness.
I was reading through Psalms last night and I used a couple of verses in a post here, the latter verse

Psalms 119:141 I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts.

I believe that in this day and age, there are far too many "Christians" who don't fear God, nor humble themselves before an Almighty Sovereign God who walk down the Joel Osteen, Charismatic, self improvement, social gospel of this world, promoted by the god of this world. Trying not Trusting
When I think what changes the Lord has brought to my Life, what fruit I have borne compared to my previous life and conversation with the world, the hardships, the Joy, the longsuffering, the absolute desire to always walk with Christ no matter what, all becomes a result of Faith, Trust, dependence and helplessness.
Now I know Brother the Lord has given you an illness that has drawn you even closer to him, to show us that a man such as yourself has the strength through Christ, to be absolutely dependant ON Christ is certainly a blessing to me, and know that I keep you in prayers always.
God Bless you and yours.

Colossians 1:9-14 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

We certainly will not find that wonderful truth in Bold in a modern version