Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2008, 09:23 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default individual words make up the message

Excellent points brother. And, Yes, the "message" is very confused among the modern bogus bibles. End result? Most Christians no longer believe in the inerrancy of Scripture (ANY Scripture in ANY language) and read their "made for modern men bibles" less and less. Modern Christianity is about as deep as a parking lot puddle.

Will K

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Something that I think needs to be addressed is the continual importance, placed by proponents of modern or multiple versions, on the "message" or "ideas" of Scripture above the words. Jesus never ONCE taught them meanings, He emphatically spoke WORDS to them.

Matt. 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

John 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Matt. 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

(emphasis mine)

I don't see much in there about "messages" or "meanings," but I do see a lot talking about WORDS. Words convey a message, but God places the importance upon the WORDS, not the message.

John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

(emphasis mine)

Hmm...the WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE. Apparently we wouldn't even be saved without the WORDS, eh?

1Pet. 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

(emphasis mine)

Let's not put the emphasis on the wrong thing here, people. God magnified His WORD above His name, not His "message."