Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:18 PM

Default Help Me Back KJB

I recently had a family member, whom I love dearly, tell me something that really offended me. My spirit automatically leads me to the King James Bible! It is God's word, without error!!!!!! My God makes NO mistakes!!!!! Uggg, I get so upset when people say ANYTHING negative about the KJB! Now, I am really "green" as to why I am this way (meaning being able to prove it to others, other than comparing scripture to scripture with the other versions and showing people). I have the only reason I need (John 16: 13), the spirit guiding me to the truth (God's word is truth, thus guiding me to the King James which is God's word.....TRUTH)!!!! Anyway, she said "Catholics preserved the King James Bible for us!" Lord have mercy on her for giving Catholics credit for preserving the word of God! I have found a lot of help on this site and in the forums to help me in the "backing" of my King James, but being so "green" on the subject of how we got the King James, etc. can someone just give me some basics on how to sharply rebuke a statement like this? Thank you, and may God Bless each of you!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-02-2009, 12:24 PM

I recommend this book and then after you read it. I would lend it to your family member.

http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/1252.asp

Did the Catholic Church Give Us the Bible? by David W Daniels
Old 05-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Great! Exactly what I need. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
I recently had a family member, whom I love dearly, tell me something that really offended me. My spirit automatically leads me to the King James Bible! It is God's word, without error!!!!!! My God makes NO mistakes!!!!! Uggg, I get so upset when people say ANYTHING negative about the KJB! Now, I am really "green" as to why I am this way (meaning being able to prove it to others, other than comparing scripture to scripture with the other versions and showing people). I have the only reason I need (John 16: 13), the spirit guiding me to the truth (God's word is truth, thus guiding me to the King James which is God's word.....TRUTH)!!!! Anyway, she said "Catholics preserved the King James Bible for us!" Lord have mercy on her for giving Catholics credit for preserving the word of God! I have found a lot of help on this site and in the forums to help me in the "backing" of my King James, but being so "green" on the subject of how we got the King James, etc. can someone just give me some basics on how to sharply rebuke a statement like this? Thank you, and may God Bless each of you!
Clint, more important than simple back and forth swordfighting over critiques and false statements would be to find out the source for your relatives statement. Does she have Scripture to back this, or did someone tell her, or dis she just come out of nowhere with this?

It is part of history that the Catholics have burned copies of their own bibles because they were in the hands of common people, and not the church hierarchy. John Wycliffe tried to translate the Catholic Latin Vulgate into English with readings from the Majority text and it was banned and burned, the people who were found in possession of it burned also, and this issue leading to the rise of Huss, John Ziska, a guerrilla general, and the Hussite wars in Germany. Roman Catholicism, like all cults, is only based on the Bible.

My email address should be open to view, if you will contact me through this email address, I will send you Dr. Samuel Gipp's 1611 Answer Book that he has made free for download and distribution.

Bless you and grace and peace brother

Tony
Old 05-02-2009, 08:39 PM

Her source is the fact that her daughter turned to Catholicism. She was raised Baptist and married a Catholic and decided it was easier to live for the devil as a Catholic than a Baptist, lol. I was talking about her daughter and how she needed to quit being so "easy going" on her and tell her the truth about Catholics and their whole "religion". She has always been very easy with her daughter about it, and I believe it's doing her an injustice. Her daughter's soul is at stake. Well, she get's defensive about it, and as much as I can figure I think she made just heard her daughter (the Catholic) say that Catholics preserved our King James Bible for us. Lord help us! I wouldn't believe that if I had said it myself. My Nana is the same way with my cousin, who is a sodomite. She is "honoring sons (daughter and grandchild in this case) above God." She has never had the King James issue pressed upon her, until now. She hears it from me now, b/c the Lord called me to preach. She comes to hear me preach where I go to church (KJV only) and hears me preach on it. I just wanna show her how important it is. Where she goes to church (FBC) no one cares what kind of Bible you read or study (I guess they're all just translations to them). Anyway, I'll email you Bro, I'll take all the help I can get on this matter. God Bless!!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Her source is the fact that her daughter turned to Catholicism. She was raised Baptist and married a Catholic and decided it was easier to live for the devil as a Catholic than a Baptist, lol. I was talking about her daughter and how she needed to quit being so "easy going" on her and tell her the truth about Catholics and their whole "religion". She has always been very easy with her daughter about it, and I believe it's doing her an injustice. Her daughter's soul is at stake. Well, she get's defensive about it, and as much as I can figure I think she made just heard her daughter (the Catholic) say that Catholics preserved our King James Bible for us. Lord help us! I wouldn't believe that if I had said it myself. My Nana is the same way with my cousin, who is a sodomite. She is "honoring sons (daughter and grandchild in this case) above God." She has never had the King James issue pressed upon her, until now. She hears it from me now, b/c the Lord called me to preach. She comes to hear me preach where I go to church (KJV only) and hears me preach on it. I just wanna show her how important it is. Where she goes to church (FBC) no one cares what kind of Bible you read or study (I guess they're all just translations to them). Anyway, I'll email you Bro, I'll take all the help I can get on this matter. God Bless!!
Clint, I'll do anything I can to help you, public or private.

My friend, being "raised" a Grace Believer, being "raised" a Baptist, being "raised" a Quaker, Plymouth Brethren, Lutheren, means nothing. Was your relative raised a Christian?

Saying the Catholics preserving the KJV is like saying the Nazis preserved the Jewish race so that they could exterminate them. The Bible in ANY form is an enemy to Catholicism, what bibles they do accept has to be sanitized of any and all anti-Catholic teaching. Your relatives might need to hear about the reason the Gunpowder Plot in England occurred, it was after the decision had been made to go ahead and translate the Bible into English. Guy Fawkes (Catholic)was busted trying to fill the basement of Parliament with barrels of gunpowder to blow them up to punish or prevent the work being done on the KJV. The Catholics have no power in the Spirit of God so their ordinances are carnal, their dogmas are carnal, their practices and traditions are carnal, and the weapons of their warfare are carnal.

I was called to be a street minster and defender of the Bible. I want to advise you of some things: The "four gospels" are doctrinally still in the OT but since the OT was written for our examples, learning, warnings, and so on, you have to carry on with your calling and preach the word, preach the TRUTH. I'm not sowing discord in your family, you have to do what God wants you to do and not worry about offending ANYBODY. That parable of the ploughman has many, many, many, applications for us today. Clint, don't put your hand to the plough and look back over your shoulder with concern about what your family is going to say about your preaching. Can you plow a straight row with your head screwed around backwards? Don't put your hand to the plough and sow grace and look back at the law, as I begged Tandi in this forum not to do. Don't put your hand to the plough and look back on bankrupt Sophist/Gnostic "manuscript evidence" to disarm yourself of your sword of the Lord. I got sermons and messages and examples on the Parable of the Ploughman people never dream of in their worst nightmares. Oh sure, let's take those verses out of the KJV, they are bogus. Right. Let's take some parts out of your M-16 as you are on the plane for Iraq and see how well it shoots in a firefight defending yourself and your fellow soldiers and trying to carry out your mission orders.

I was raised in the Church of Christ, though my Dad never forced it on me. I was saved in a Nazarene Sunday school class when a woman teacher gave the gospel to us. I was 12. I left the CoC at the age of 28 after Dad died. A few years later after I had discovered how to rightly divide the Scriptures, my pastor was challenged to a debate by a CoC "evangelist". He said he didn't want it, I said I'll do it, I'm ex-CoC. Half my Dad's family was in the audience the two nights of that debate. The debate was over 18 minutes and 32 seconds into my first 20 minute session when I asked if Christ's water baptism was a work of righteousness and my opponent spent the next two nights trying to dance around and avoid Titus 3:5:

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

We didn't discuss any of the topics on the agreed-upon agenda because I would not let him avoid this one question. The moderator insisted he answer and he danced around it for two nights. After this debate it was secretly circulated among local CoC circles that no more debates would be offered to or accepted if offered by me. I saw the memo.

Half my Dad's family were in the audience, and I ain't spoken to most of them since. That was 20 years ago.

Clint, some your family is going to turn on you over this issue and become divided. If a cousin marries a Syrian or an Iranian and you are shipped to Iraq as a soldier, they will divide over that issue. This case?

Roman Catholicism is our number one enemy on earth in the carnal realm. Your family is going to have to stew in their juice if it offends them.

I'm going to conclude by saying something will cause your computer to crash: No one is "called" to do anything. Every Christian has been assigned the ministry of reconciliation and ambassadorship of Christ, that is our only "calling". If you feel you need and want to be the bishop of a local assembly, go for it and don't look back, you'll only plow crooked rows if you do. I'll be looking for your email.

Clint, preach the word.

Grace and peace.

Tony
Old 05-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Default Thanks

Oh, that was great brother. I'll have to use the example of Hitler and the Jews. Rightly divided response, I thank you! I'll have to say though, brother, I'm not sure I agree with you on the "calling." I'm studying it further and I'll pray he guides me to the truth on this matter. Are you saying men used to be "called" and now (in the Church Age) are not? Was Paul the last one to be "called" to do a specific duty for the Lord (1 Cor 1: 1)? You don't believe some choose it and some are "called?" He also refers to it as being "appointed" (2 Tim 1: 11). I'll admit though, I do not see any other refereces/examples (that would apply to us) of anyone other than Paul being appointed or called (by God) to do a specific "job." Paul "appointed" Titus to do a specific duty. Hmmm, you've not made my PC crash, but my mind....that's another thing. Anyway, thanks again for the reply, it helped and influenced me to study the Word of God, which is (of course) always a good thing!! God Bless!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I was called to be a street minster and defender of the Bible. I want to advise you of some things: The "four gospels" are doctrinally still in the OT but since the OT was written for our examples, learning, warnings, and so on, you have to carry on with your calling and preach the word, preach the TRUTH. I'm not sowing discord in your family, you have to do what God wants you to do and not worry about offending ANYBODY.
Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean, but if no one is "called" to do anything, why did you make the statements above?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:04 PM

Yes, the only thing the Catholic Church has preserved is the ancient Babylonian religion. If you have never read The Two Babylons, it is a profound book. Once you see all the symbols and practices of the Catholic Church in comparison to the ancient Babylonian religion you will be amazed.

Here is an online version that has some illustrations (click on the links at the bottom of the Introduction)

http://www.americanpresbyterianchurc...roduction3.htm
Old 05-03-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean, but if no one is "called" to do anything, why did you make the statements above?
Brother, I'll answer the message above and this one in one response: How were you called? I'm not being sarcastic. Did you hear a voice? Did you get this overwhelming emotional rush during a preaching service? Did the phone ring? Was it a curious coincidence of happenings, sort of a Christian Kismet, occur? Did some people get together and tell you you have a talent and should do this or that? I have no concept of being "called", because no one has ever been able to answer my question; How were you called, how did you know? People go farther and say, "God called me to do this or that..." Fine. Psychic link? Text message? Email? Scriptures?

We will find NO calling not found in the Scriptures. I met many young people at college who told me they had been "called to a ministry of music". I can;t find any "music ministries" in the Scriptures. Our "calling" is from the Scriptures, those callings that Paul mentions, yes. The "call" has been already made. I knew I found my niche' in the street ministry due to me falling in love with it and with the people. I stopped, and looked around. These people were like me. I had a natural talent for research and a zeal to defend the foundation I teach and preach from and comment from. I was a man bold enough to go where "Christ is not named", that is, "the marketplace". Mars Hill. So I might have said better my Scriptural calling. And surprisingly, I am mildly agoraphobic, I don;t like public places or crowds. I get nervous in crowds. After doing it I felt I could do it, and defend the Scriptures. Over the years I feel I have done fairly well on both counts.

Maybe I should have defined my terms a little better, just too many people have said to me, "God has just spoken to me..." "or "God has given me a message..." God ain;t gonna give much apart from the Scriptures. I just want to know what is meant when people say, I was "called". I only know from my own experience. As ex Church Of Christ, we had no "callings". In an evangelical, we're gonna take over the world for Christ college, I saw music ministries and TV ministries and writing ministries and singing ministries and racing ministries(!!!) and God "calling" people left and right into things I could not find in the Scriptures.

If you feel preaching is a Scriptural calling, then do it, and let no man try and discourage you from it.

Grace and peace to you brother

Tony