Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Default Alternative to Ray Comforts Stuff

http://www.sosstorellc.com

This site seems pretty good. Similar method to ray, with a focus on the grace of God and the free gift, while not disregarding the law, but there is a no focus on works before salvation.

It's a systematic approach to soulwinning, and looks quite helpful as a training tool.

It's King James as well.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-14-2008, 07:29 AM

Hi Luke,

I've looked through most of the site, and I agree it does look pretty good. Although Ray does seem to have advice on areas I havn't seen covered in SOS (yet). Like answering questions, avoiding the intellect, analagies that make sense to unbeleivers, ways of flushing out their need for salvation, bringing about concern over their eternal souls..

I honestly appreciate this new resource, and I will be showing it to my class. I still don't see how the way of the master program promotes lordship salvation or works-earned salvation. The only thing I can see so far that might get misconstrued is that he says we should turn from our sin, but this is true after all, we should do this either side of salvation, but in no way have I seen it implied that this is necessary for salvation.

Ray's method analyses what people think of as their good works, and show them that they will be lacking no matter what, that works simply cannot add up to salvation.
Feel free to point out things I might have missed.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:39 PM

[quote=BornAgainBibleBeliever514;6772]I've looked through most of the site, and I agree it does look pretty good. Although Ray does seem to have advice on areas I havn't seen covered in SOS (yet). Like answering questions, avoiding the intellect, analagies that make sense to unbeleivers, ways of flushing out their need for salvation, bringing about concern over their eternal souls..

Ray's method analyses what people think of as their good works, and show them that they will be lacking no matter what, that works simply cannot add up to salvation.[quote]

Look very closely at what is posted.

This is a very sticky area I know. but remeber it is the Holy Ghost job to flush out thier need for Salvation, it is the Holy Ghost Job to bring about concern for their eternal souls. It is the Holy Ghost Job to give you a concern to reach out to others. it is the Holy Ghost Job to help them analyze what they and you think as a sinner and/or a Christian.

It just seems that some men are taking the place of the Holy Ghost. that is why they come up with all sorts of plans, programs and ideas for evengelizm. actually it is a sign they lack faith that people will believe the simple message of Christs finished work on the cross.

It is not mans job to take the place of the Holy Ghost. it may answer whythe Lord Said, ". . . Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? Luke 18:8

Apostasy begins when men lack faith in the simple teaching of God word.

don't get me wrong some strategies are good but when men begin to point out the qualities of a teachers ability that are to be of the Holy Ghost. we can safely say we have trusted in men and not in God.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=chette777;6776][quote=BornAgainBibleBeliever514;6772]I've looked through most of the site, and I agree it does look pretty good. Although Ray does seem to have advice on areas I havn't seen covered in SOS (yet). Like answering questions, avoiding the intellect, analagies that make sense to unbeleivers, ways of flushing out their need for salvation, bringing about concern over their eternal souls..

Ray's method analyses what people think of as their good works, and show them that they will be lacking no matter what, that works simply cannot add up to salvation.
Quote:

Look very closely at what is posted.

This is a very sticky area I know. but remeber it is the Holy Ghost job to flush out thier need for Salvation, it is the Holy Ghost Job to bring about concern for their eternal souls. It is the Holy Ghost Job to give you a concern to reach out to others. it is the Holy Ghost Job to help them analyze what they and you think as a sinner and/or a Christian.

It just seems that some men are taking the place of the Holy Ghost. that is why they come up with all sorts of plans, programs and ideas for evengelizm. actually it is a sign they lack faith that people will believe the simple message of Christs finished work on the cross.

It is not mans job to take the place of the Holy Ghost. it may answer whythe Lord Said, ". . . Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? Luke 18:8

Apostasy begins when men lack faith in the simple teaching of God word.

don't get me wrong some strategies are good but when men begin to point out the qualities of a teachers ability that are to be of the Holy Ghost. we can safely say we have trusted in men and not in God.
I agree with you here Chette, but I also would suggest that soulwinners avoid rhetoric. If you've ever had a mormon knock on your door you'll know what I refer to. Tactics are good, but they can become something that gets in the way of our witness. I think when people are able to see the genuiness of our love for them then they will be more open to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. People don't want to be a statistic, and are generally thinking of when the best time to say "no thank you" is when they believe you are just trying to feed them a script and add you to a list of those that said the sinners prayer. Usually I think it is wise to stick with Scripture when one presents the gospel, and showing them for themselves what the Word of God says. I really love Brother Steve Andersons video on this very thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXMA4xOS5BY

This is such good stuff brothers, and I believe the Lord is leading me to start knocking on doors.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen