Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebrews928 View Post
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the KJV which was once delivered unto the saints in 1611.
There's crossing the line. Bye bye now.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-25-2008, 07:15 PM

Default Why I joined and why I listen :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha hebrews928,
Since then I have spent a minimum 12,000 - 15,000 hours studying:

In addition to all of the above I also spent an additional 2,000 hours (or more) studying church history.

There are several members on this Forum that have got me beat, hands down, when it comes to this issue (Steven Avery, Bible Protector, Manny Rodriguez, and Will Kinney come to mind right off the bat - and there are others).
I came to this forum to learn more about the King James Bible and have not been disappointed!

Thank you George, Steven Avery, Bible Protector, Manny, and Will Kinney. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to constantly and continually deal with this issue over, and over, and over again.

I want to say "thank you".

Pr 27:17 ¶ Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Merry Christmas,
Harley
Old 12-25-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
There's crossing the line. Bye bye now.
Thank you Brandon. That post was at minimum juvenile.

I appreciate having a moderated forum, where the moderator actually moderates.

Peace,
Harley
Old 12-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebrews928 View Post
I think the KJV and the NKJV are good enough to understand most of the words of God, but if you want to get closer to 100%, you need to go to the Scriptures themselves, which means "become proficient in the "original languages" and have to rely on Greek and Hebrew teachers" (or preferably, lexicons), which is much easier to do than it use to be.
And there it is; like a dead catfish rotting in the sunlight.
Well it looks like you got banned, but I'm glad you at least got a chance to tell everyone how you REALLY feel about God's Word.

So we see brethren, like most Bible correctors, H928 thinks in order to really understand 100% of what God's Word says, people have to become "become proficient in the "original languages." Translated, this means if you spend years doing that, then maybe you will exhibit as much confusion about the Bible as he does.

Secondly, like most Bible correctors, H928 thinks in order to really understand 100% of what God's Word says, people "have to rely on Greek and Hebrew teachers." In essence, H928 is attempting to REPLACE God's Authority with men who speak other languages. This is a common thread among Bible correctors, it's as predictable as bread mold.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 12-25-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:59 PM

Bro. George, though we've had some differences over my short time on this board, I must say that I'm blessed beyond imagination at how you handled this buffoon; in this thread you've provided a stellar exhibit of how any Christian man should act, and I hope and pray to be able to reply with the same wisdom and temperance that you used here. I thank God for your example and your wisdom on the issue of God's Holy Word, the King James Bible.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I learned long ago that there is no benefit in continuing to try to reason with someone who is not interested in the truth. (If there can be no edification, there is no benefit in continuing.)

Thanks for the timely reminder, George. There comes a time to stop and casting one's pearls before swine....
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Bro. George, though we've had some differences over my short time on this board, I must say that I'm blessed beyond imagination at how you handled this buffoon; in this thread you've provided a stellar exhibit of how any Christian man should act, and I hope and pray to be able to reply with the same wisdom and temperance that you used here. I thank God for your example and your wisdom on the issue of God's Holy Word, the King James Bible.

Aloha brother MC1171611,

I greatly appreciate your comments brother, and although we have had a strong disagreement between us, I regard you as a true brother in Christ, and I also have appreciated many of your Posts on this Forum.

If we Christians can't peacefully agree to "disagree" (at times, and over issues that are not "major doctrine") how are we to demonstrate to the world - the Christian love that we are supposed to possess, and are commanded by our Lord, to practice?

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

1 John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I believe these words as much as I do any other part of the Bible, and although I may be the "old curmudgeon" - next to God, my wife, and my family, I treasure my Christian friends more than anything else in this world. And, to be truthful, I am closer to some my Christian friends than even some of my immediate family (sad to say ).

May God bless you and yours during this Holiday Season and throughout the coming New Year!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Bro. George,.... I thank God for your example and your wisdom on the issue of God's Holy Word, the King James Bible.
to that. Wouldn't you just love to spend a few hours over a coffee (decaf)with brother George, taking in that knowledge?? There's something the spoken word has over the written.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:46 PM

Default Ya Don't spit inta tha Wind...

To Hebrews928:--- You have been banned (after a very short life-span here) , but just in case you are still reading the Thread...

....To borrow a line from a Jim Croce song: "Ya Don't tug on Superman's Cape! Ya don't pull the mask off the ole Lone Ranger, and ya don't spit inta tha Wind!"

You probably should not/would not go to your Mother-in-law's house for dinner and then complain about the food and insult the the cook...

You came to a website that is pro-AV/KJ and started insulting. Bad move. Hope this is a "life-lesson" for you. Just as a rabbit should not walk by/near to a bunch of Beagles ... and then be surprised at the result!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Tandi

Default Inerrancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

Greetings Tandi ! If I try to hard .. nothing comes forth .

On Genesis 1:1, some of the issues are very simple, like the consistency within Genesis 1. Afaik, the hebraic writings generally understood this, and the King James Bible, always pure, is our confirmation (or you can look at that vica versa). I will see what is available a bit later, there is some upthread, and I might be able to pull some of the solid rabbinics that confirms as well.

Let me just comment first...Afaik, there is no correlative grammatical issues (such as a verb in plural or singular form). So the word shamayim is translated fully by context in Genesis 1:1. Before context the singular/plural question is neutral (that is one place where our anti-pure-KJB person blundered). Fully, completely, neutral. The word shamayim is heaven or heavens solely by surrounding grammar (afaik, neutral as well in 1:1) and/or context. On the technical level, it is the context that declares the singular as correct. There is nothing grammatically impossible or even difficult about either 'heaven' or 'heavens', 'heaven' (singular) is simply internally consistent from God who is fully consistent. And providentially declared. If a person does not even know if the resurrection account of Mark is scripture or not, or that the 'faith of Christ' is different from the 'faith in Christ' or that Jeremiah 8:8 does not talk of 'lying scribes' with a false pen (the liar's paradox) you could not expect such a person to know and receive God's word in Genesis 1:1. Those with eyes of faith, knowing that God has given us his pure word, rest upon the sure word.

All for now, catching up on a few things . Welcome to the forum !

Shalom,
Steven
Thank you for the info and welcome, Steven. I am sorry it took so long to post again. I have been reading through many interesting and informative posts, but I do not seem to know how to use the Search feature to find what I am looking for re: shamayim and other questions. Would you agree that the plural ending can indicate the superlative, rather than "more than one" in shamayim? So that Heaven in Gen. 1:1 refers to the Abode of God in this verse and not the atmosphere (first heaven) and outer space (second heaven)?

I have another question for you, or any who are reading.......

How should I answer a friend who claims that Jesus did not consider the Scriptures inerrant? Any zingers that clearly refute this? Also, could you direct me to resources/articles/posts concerning Biblical Inerrancy that are clear and concise? What are the best "zingers" for those who scoff?

Shalom,

Tandi