General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Joy-in-the-Lord

Default Is internet preaching and teaching by women wrong?

1 Cor 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Time 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1 Cor 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

~**~

I was wondering today; I read a few forums and blogs where ladies preach and teach fellow Christians (both men and women). Do you think in light of the above, well known scriptures, that this is scripturally correct? I am thinking particularly on blogs where a woman's posts are preaching and teaching on all kinds of scriptures (not just home, children and family issues) - such blogs are visited by men too. Does the internet consitute church, or is Paul's teaching just confined to the local churches? And outside the local church a woman is free to preach and teach on the internet?

This is a genuine question, I don't really know that answer and would like some advice.

Thank you in advance .

Blessings.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
jerry

I believe God teaches women too. However, they are not to have authority over men. I believe a woman can have a blog and ministry to women specifically, with the understanding that any men that visit the blog do so of their own free will and do not let her dictate what they are to believe.

I have several good online friends that have their own blogs. They are solid, with very little I disagree with. I read their material and give my input. They are:

http://maranatha777.wordpress.com/

http://juliesjewels062694.blogspot.com/

I also have another friend with a discernment ministry:

http://www.seekgod.ca

I agree with most of her material and find it useful.

I believe all three of these women make it very clear that they are doing their ministries under the headship of their husbands and that their visitors should take all that they teach and critique it in light of God's Word. They are open to Biblical critique and suggestions by solid men of God that visit their sites.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Joy-in-the-Lord

Thank you Jerry that makes sense and was helpful.

Blessings.

Edit: Oh and thanks for the links to the great sites, they look interesting.

Last edited by Joy-in-the-Lord; 03-30-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: addendum