Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default God's 100% true Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Hi Will, thanks for the article. I have learned a lot.
I have a question on the Bibles that were in other languages that followed the preserved line. Were all of them partial translations of the 66 books? Thanks for the help.
Hi boaz. Could you be more specific? Are you talking about bibles that preceded the KJB like the Latin? The Latin had all the books plus the Apocrypha. Actually the Latin versions (there were several of them) were often much closer to the KJB than are versions like the nasb, niv, rsv, esv stuff.

There were foreign language versions before the KJB that were really quite good. The Spanish Reina Valera of 1602 and the 1549 Italian Diodati. Both of these had all the books of the Bible in them and generally followed the same texts as the KJB. Far, far closer to the true Bible than the modern versions.

Hope this helps some,

Will K
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-11-2009, 06:31 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default God's 100% true Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Will, you actually answered your question with the last verse you posted... The KJV position does not "blow up," in fact, God BLOWS UP their position...

“I will DESTROY the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.” (1 Cor. 1:19)
Thank you for your comments. You and I can see that (by God's grace) but they sure don't.

Will K
Old 06-11-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Hi Will, thanks for the article. I have learned a lot.
I have a question on the Bibles that were in other languages that followed the preserved line. Were all of them partial translations of the 66 books? Thanks for the help.
Tim, for your own understanding and not for the MVers, you have to understand for the first time in history there was a safe bulwark and fortress against Roman Catholicism at the beginning of the 17th century: England and James I. No other time in history did a king or government make the honest attempt or have the desire to provide the Scriptures to the people.

These people, these "MVers" are adversaries, diabolos, devils. I'm not taking about "demon possession", I'm talking about the human heart in Jer. 17. They all parrot each other and I got tired of dealing with them. When they ask me where the word of God was before 1611, my response started to become, you're the expert, you're the Jesuit, you know what the "original manuscripts" say, and I don't, why don't you tell me? Now, the wrath of man worketh not what? The righteousness of God(James 1:20).

Manuscript evidence is no longer a point with me. If I don't have all the counsel of God in my hands, they better have the Scripture to prove it.

Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Grace and peace Tim

Tony
Old 06-12-2009, 04:55 PM

Bro Will, thank you for your post! Very helpful and confirming of our KJV 1611 Bible!

Jassy
Old 06-12-2009, 05:14 PM

Hi Jassy. You are most welcome. I'm glad it was of some benefit to you. Praise our God for His wonderful words of truth and grace. May He increase our faith to believe them.

Accepted in the Beloved,
Will K
Old 06-13-2009, 03:49 PM

Will, I have been following this over at FFF, man, you have a lot of patience.

I think you are doing a great job over there, keep up the good work. Those fellows are all "puffed up" with so-called knowledge, you are giving them a fit. I doubt you will get through to them, but who knows?, there may be a sincere heart there willing to accept the truth, though presently deceived. And it is great that someone who trusts in God's promise to preserve the scriptures stands up to these doubters, that others who are sincere may see your arguments.

And I agree with Tony about these doubters, the problem is not science, it is a lack of faith that is the root of their blindness.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:08 AM

Default God's perfect Book - the King James Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Will, I have been following this over at FFF, man, you have a lot of patience.

I think you are doing a great job over there, keep up the good work. Those fellows are all "puffed up" with so-called knowledge, you are giving them a fit. I doubt you will get through to them, but who knows?, there may be a sincere heart there willing to accept the truth, though presently deceived. And it is great that someone who trusts in God's promise to preserve the scriptures stands up to these doubters, that others who are sincere may see your arguments.

And I agree with Tony about these doubters, the problem is not science, it is a lack of faith that is the root of their blindness.
Hi brother. Thank you for the encouragement. It can be a bit frustrating to try to talk to the "no bible is inerrant" crowd, but I do learn things from them. What you find among them is a wide variety of opinions and very different beliefs about what and where the true words of God might be found, but not one of them can tell you with any certainty where to get a complete, inerrant and 100% true Holy Bible in any language.

Once a person has rejected the absolute Truth of the King James Bible and has made himself his own final authority (there is no other alternative) then it is very hard if not impossible for them to get out of this mindset.

The ONLY thing they all have in common is their unbelief that the King James Bible is the true and inerrant words of God. They don't have anything to replace it with except their own opinions, and they all disagree even with each other.

It's just like the verse says in Judges - "In those days there was no king in Israel; every man did that which was right in his own eyes." Judges 21:25

Praise God for His mercy in revealing to us where and what His Book is - the King James Holy Bible.

Will K
Old 06-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Hi Will, thanks for answering my question. Yes, I was thinking of the foreign language translations before our KJB. I came across the names of the ones like the Old Latin and Syriac etc. and those you mentioned. Just want to get my information correct when I defend the preservation of the text and the KJB. Any other information you can offer is always much appreciated. Keep up the good work. Take care.
Tim
Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 AM

Cool Samuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
I don't even find it worthy, to try to argue with people like that. They don't want to know anything, except the things in their little narrow mind, so I don't even fool with them.
Although I know what you are saying Samuel I have to say that if Will didn't bother responding to these folks people such as you & I wuldn't benefit from the wisdom that God has blessed Will with!

God bless

PaulB
Old 06-28-2009, 11:04 AM

Hi brother Paul. Thank you again for your words of encouragement. During the school year I don't have the time to engage in discussions with the Bible agnostics, but I thank God for the opportunity and the grace He gives me during summer break.

Right now I am in a very interesting discussion with a whole bunch of them over at this site. There has been tons of interest. Come join the fun if you like. There was initially one other King James Bible defender, but he has dropped out of the discussion for now. It starts here, but you can jump ahead a bit if you like and see what is happening. They almost deleted the thread, but then it kept going and it has been very interesting.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=60256

May God have mercy and open more eyes to the truth of His precious words.

Will K