General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:48 AM

I'll try to add one of my paintings. I'm not sure how this will work... but I'm going to attempt it.

This is a waterfall that I painted.

I think it worked! You'll have to excuse me... I'm a bit of a NEWBIE at this!!

Let's try another one...

This is one of my most recent paintings.

Jassy [yes, my REAL name is Karen - Jassy is the nickname for my cat!]
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Bro. Parrish

Jassy, those are fantastic, you have a lot of talent.
That waterfall strikes me as impressionism and that happens to be a style of art that I love. In my opinion, many artists over-work their paintings. Why worry with all the details, when you can capture the feeling of your subject with a few strokes? Very nice work!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I'd be glad to BR, soon as I figger out how to post attachments. I got 2 or 3 pictures on this computer, my camera is in the pawnshop right now, when I get it out I'll post some of my sheaths, hidescrapers, bones needles, that kind of thing. I salute bro. Parrish for starting this thread, it can be an ongoing one that won't fade out like many of the other threads. Tony
Tony, to post an attachment here's what I do; just upload a low resolution version of the image (like 5 or 6 inches wide at 72 DPI) onto a site called Photobucket (or any similar free photo hosting site). Once it's there they give you a tag which you can simply copy and paste on the forum, and voila—you're done. I am on a Mac as you know, but they usually give you several types of code options so maybe you can experiment and see which works for your system. Many cameras shoot large images nowadays, like 10 inches at 300 DPI, so don't forget to down-size the image before uploading that way it will be a much faster process.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I've been following the Micheal Jackson thing and the family's call for a second autopsy. It's the nature of biochemistry that if a body is not embalmed within 24 hours after death, you got big problems preserving it.
Tony
Did they get answers from the second autopsy? I've stopped following his story.

So, you must have studied anatomy and physiology, and taken art courses.
Right?
Old 07-11-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Tony, to post an attachment here's what I do; just upload a low resolution version of the image (like 5 or 6 inches wide at 72 DPI) onto a site called Photobucket (or any similar free photo hosting site).
I use Flickr, and Photobucket, and I've always downloaded my images into them at high res. No problem.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Default my painting "style"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Jassy, those are fantastic, you have a lot of talent.
That waterfall strikes me as impressionism and that happens to be a style of art that I love. In my opinion, many artists over-work their paintings. Why worry with all the details, when you can capture the feeling of your subject with a few strokes? Very nice work!
Bro P, Thanks for the compliments. I gave all honor and glory to the Lord: HE gives the skills and blesses a person with interest in something. I don't really have one specific type of painting. I work from several different styles - whatever mood strikes me that day or with that subject. I never really thought about what style of painting I do. I guess impressionism is one of them. I studied art, way back before I became a Christian - but it wasn't until AFTER I became a Christian my interest truly showed up. I know that, for subject matter, I enjoy REAL scenery, rather than abstract. I can never get a painting to do any natural scenery justice though. The REAL creation is FAR, FAR better than I could ever represent it on canvas with some paint and brushes.

Jassy
Old 07-11-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
I use Flickr, and Photobucket, and I've always downloaded my images into them at high res. No problem.
I used Photobucket to download mine. I used to be on a Ragdoll Cat forum and I had learned how to upload pictures there. I hadn't done that for so long, I completely forgot about that and my account there! I guess the uploading process is pretty much the same for this forum.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:06 PM

I've been able to see a number of Jassy's paintings online. She is an amazing artist. She has many different styles of painting including impressionism which is also my favorite.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
I've been able to see a number of Jassy's paintings online. She is an amazing artist. She has many different styles of painting including impressionism which is also my favorite.
Thank you for your kind observations, sis!
Old 07-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Bro P, Thanks for the compliments. I gave all honor and glory to the Lord: HE gives the skills and blesses a person with interest in something.
I couldn't agree more Jassy, you are so right about that. Singing, poetry, painting, whatever; I have always considered talent as a gift, I know it can be improved with training and practice, but it seems to me that raw talent comes from above.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no ficklenss, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17