General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:52 AM

About the $30,000 given to Ruckman. I have had to research 10,000 pages of IRS guidelines, documents and forms for over a six month period. this is what I have found out.

1) a cash gift given to any one person directly is non taxable

2) If the money was first sent throught a taxexempt org designated to an individual. then it can be called income from the taxexemt org go between. the tax exempt org needed to give him a 1099 this is called "donator designated giving" by the IRS and is taxable to the tax exempt org it is sent through. so if they don't want to pay tax on it they have to send out 1099's to the individual receiving the designated funds, i.e. a missionary, traveling evangelist, etc...

3) some states have an inheritance tax but if it is not written in a will (which is a legal taxation document) it cannot be called inheritance.

seeing the gift was made in cash and it was one person giving it for another (not organizations) it is a direct gift from the deceast and it is not taxable unless Ruckman wants to claim it as income then it is. seeing it was a gift no one receiving it needed to claim it as income for no services were renedered for it.

Last edited by chette777; 10-20-2008 at 01:58 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-20-2008, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Brother Ruckman

Aloha all,

What I am trying to figure out is WHY? WHY is there a discussion about this obvious SLANDER? What is going on?

I have met brother Ruckman; I spent a week with him in 1973 at Koolau Baptist Church on Oahu, Hawaii; He taught every morning and preached every night for a week; I played tennis with him several times at 11:-12:00 p.m. some nights; He spent many hours with my family and myself during his visit there; at one time I had nearly 2,000 hours of his teaching tapes on reel-to-reel tapes; I have heard dozens of hours of preaching tapes; and have read at least 80% of his books, pamphlets, etc.

Now let me testify: Dr. Peter Ruckman has at no time, in any thing that I have read or heard him say, ever "APPROVED" OF ABORTION! I repeat NEVER! What is going on here? Somebody ("somebodies") are besmirching, and smearing a man who is now 86 years old (an elder); a man who has served God for nearly 60 years; a man who God has used mightily in the preservation of His Holy word.

Why would anyone give "credence" to any "charges" brought by "unidentified accusers"? I can't believe that this discussion is taking place here! We do know who the "Accuser" of the brethren is don't we?

1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

1 Timothy 5:1
Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

I am not always in agreement with brother Peter Ruckman, but this much I do know - this "campaign" that has been waged against him in his waning years is the most vicious thing that I have ever witnessed in the 50 years I have been a Christian.

Are we to take "serious", people who don't have the guts to identify themselves? Why would we even consider the charges - considering where they come from? Hmmm?

Anyone who has read my Posts on this Forum knows that I despise "titles" and "respect of persons", but on the other hand - I also despise malicious gossip; destructive criticism; and slanderous accusations made against anyone. There are a group of people out there (sadly - some Christians) that are out to destroy this brother's testimony and ministry, and I for one will not sit idly by while this is going on.

I sincerely request that this whole rotten issue be dropped - unless someone can come up with something of substance that can be substantiated, and not wild accusations made by people who refuse to even identify themselves.

It's like I said when I began this Post: WHY are we even discussing these slanderous LIES? We are commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." [John 7:24] I cannot understand why anyone, who is a genuine Bible believer, would take seriously - anything that is said by people who are so cowardly that they refuse to identify themselves!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:40 AM

Chette,

Quote:
I have had to research 10,000 pages of IRS guidelines, documents and forms for over a six month period. this is what I have found out

Quote:
1) a cash gift given to any one person directly is non taxable

This is 100% untrue.

You need to go and read IRS Publication 950, and see what it says about the gift tax.

Quote:
seeing the gift was made in cash and it was one person giving it for another (not organizations) it is a direct gift from the deceast and it is not taxable

You need to see IRS Form 709

Then you can learn who pays the gift tax. Now the laws were not the same in the 1990's either, but they were close to whey are today. The dollar amounts have went up, but it's mostly the seam.

My advice to you as a financial planner is this. Stay away from giving tax advice. You may end up in jail giving bad illegal tax advice.

I do not give tax advice for a living, but I have prepared well over 1500 tax returns. I usually refer my clients to a CPA or EA, a true tax professional.

Atlas
Old 10-20-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbible1611 View Post
A certain pastor in Sydney is trying to sow discord among the brethren by making these accusations.

The church I attend is being called a 'cult' because we use Dr Ruckman's material. The claim has also been made that our church believes in abortion.

I have it on good authority from a PBI graduate that neither Dr Ruckman nor Bro. Donovan believe or have EVER taught that abortion is right.

Furthermore our church is against abortion.

Luke, I think I know who sent you the email. He has been corrected but prefers to remain in ignorance-please ignore him on this matter-it is simply a pack of lies.
Thankyou DrBible. It's sad to hear that this has happened. I keep getting emails from him and messages on facebook with links to "exposes" - by R.L. Hymers of all people. Why would anything Hymers say matter. He is a Bible corrector, and a calvinist.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Luke,

Dr. Bible gave you some sound advice. Many who hate Ruckman can not face him on Bible, so they make up lies and spread lies about what he believes.

As far as Hymers goes, I'll bet he has never took one bus kid to church or lead any person to the Lord in his life. I would not let this man teach Sunday school much less put any value on what this apostate says on any Bible issue. I'll bet if I took him door knocking he could not even deal with a normal person about his soul or get at man to come to church if his life depended on it. I'll also bet I have took more people to church on one day than this man has took to church in his life. I'll bet you have lead more men to the Lord than he has.

As Preacher Lackey would always say, if any man is not a soul winner d him and any of his teachings. If any man dose not even the Bible enough to lead anyone to the Lord avoid him. Leading the lost to the Lord is the main goal of any N.t. church. If any leader in the church can not win sinners to Christ, they are not worthy of any leadership role in the church. This is why 99% of all Bible college teachers are not worth learning from. Judge a tree by the fruit it bares. Ruckman has fruit, but what are Hymers fruit?

Atlas
Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Vendetta Ride

I was delighted to see that the website we're talking about has lost its url, or whatever it's called, and is now at a different address. I'm sorry it's still in existence; but, in its previous form, it popped up right away when a person Googled "Peter S. Ruckman," and now it doesn't.

Praise God for that much!

By the way, there is an entry on Google for "Peter S. Ruckman's Facebook." It leads nowhere, of course; it's just a gimmick ad. But it struck me funny. Can you see Ruckman starting a Facebook site?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 PM

Ruckman's Facebook account was made by me. I made it clear on the profile page that it wasn't really ruckman though, just a name for people to add if they were blessed by his work and ministry.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Ruckman's Facebook account was made by me. I made it clear on the profile page that it wasn't really ruckman though, just a name for people to add if they were blessed by his work and ministry.
Aha! I didn't see it; the link from Google led to a dead end.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 PM

I just checked out the account now. Facebook has disabled it
Old 10-21-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha all,

What I am trying to figure out is WHY? WHY is there a discussion about this obvious SLANDER? What is going on?

I have met brother Ruckman; I spent a week with him in 1973 at Koolau Baptist Church on Oahu, Hawaii; He taught every morning and preached every night for a week; I played tennis with him several times at 11:-12:00 p.m. some nights; He spent many hours with my family and myself during his visit there; at one time I had nearly 2,000 hours of his teaching tapes on reel-to-reel tapes; I have heard dozens of hours of preaching tapes; and have read at least 80% of his books, pamphlets, etc.

Now let me testify: Dr. Peter Ruckman has at no time, in any thing that I have read or heard him say, ever "APPROVED" OF ABORTION! I repeat NEVER! What is going on here? Somebody ("somebodies") are besmirching, and smearing a man who is now 86 years old (an elder); a man who has served God for nearly 60 years; a man who God has used mightily in the preservation of His Holy word.

Why would anyone give "credence" to any "charges" brought by "unidentified accusers"? I can't believe that this discussion is taking place here! We do know who the "Accuser" of the brethren is don't we?

1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

1 Timothy 5:1
Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

I am not always in agreement with brother Peter Ruckman, but this much I do know - this "campaign" that has been waged against him in his waning years is the most vicious thing that I have ever witnessed in the 50 years I have been a Christian.

Are we to take "serious", people who don't have the guts to identify themselves? Why would we even consider the charges - considering where they come from? Hmmm?

Anyone who has read my Posts on this Forum knows that I despise "titles" and "respect of persons", but on the other hand - I also despise malicious gossip; destructive criticism; and slanderous accusations made against anyone. There are a group of people out there (sadly - some Christians) that are out to destroy this brother's testimony and ministry, and I for one will not sit idly by while this is going on.

I sincerely request that this whole rotten issue be dropped - unless someone can come up with something of substance that can be substantiated, and not wild accusations made by people who refuse to even identify themselves.

It's like I said when I began this Post: WHY are we even discussing these slanderous LIES? We are commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ to "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." [John 7:24] I cannot understand why anyone, who is a genuine Bible believer, would take seriously - anything that is said by people who are so cowardly that they refuse to identify themselves!
Yeah I am in complete agreement here. This is becoming a hot button issue with me (mainly because it reminds me of Christians going before the rulers of the land to bring accusations against another Christian, but in this case bringing false accusations against a godly man before the whole world on the internet). I think 2 Timothy chapters 3 and 4 pretty much sum up what is happening these days. I can honestly say that I have not been blameless when it comes to respecting elders. But as I get older I've found that I'm starting to garner more and more respect for those who have lived in the faith of Jesus Christ for many many years. I've seen so many young Christians fall back into complete carnality, that when I see a man such as Ruckman I thank my Lord JESUS! Our sick and dying world needs an army of faithful Bible believers such as brother Peter. And that is exactly the issue with people these days; they don't believe God's Word. And I'll tell you one thing I know for sure, that standing guilty of unbelief in God's Word is not a good position to be in when one stands at the throne of Almighty God!

Thank you for getting to the point of the issue here George. The Bible is clear, thank the Lord. Ultimately, brother Peter doesn't need to be defended; his work speaks for itself. Anyone that is curious what this brother preaches/teaches has ample opportunity to find out for themself.

Peace and Love,
Stephen