General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:02 PM

Default A Three Legged Stool...

Hey Guys,
Been much in a reflective mood recently, just wanted to gauge others thoughts on this.
Have you ever tried to stand on a one or maybe a two legged stool?

I think sometimes us Bible Believers get way laid into being unbalanced or as we say over here, "you've lost the plot!"
As I see it we have three things we stand on,
1. Our Authority, the Word of god
2. Our Service
3. Our Daily Walk.

2 Tim.2:9b: but the word of God is not bound
Ok Re #1. We all know what and where our Authority is found, the thing is I find we get so enamored with dotting every i crossing every t answering every trivial question that AV critics throw at us. Good and fitting these things are we are in danger of losing our focus, God did not tell us to 'Go into the world and defend the word'.... we also risk leaving behind new folks to the AV as we become scholarly in our arguments.
I am not decrying those things but they are not the summation of our christian walk.

Mark 1:17: And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men
Re#2 Our service, we all have our avenue of service, I smile when I hear I am an Independant whatever toted around. We should be Dependant Believers, I do what I do best when you do what you do best and together we do best what God wants us to do!
But in order to know what we should be doing we need to know what and where our authority is, as I said in a previous Topic we need to actually use our weapon, not keep examining if we have the correct one and is it trustworthy? see. Heb.4:12

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever.Amen
Re. #3 Our daily walk, we can get so technical about things, we can get so heavenly minded to be no earthly use, we can become so obnoxious to others that rather than draw them to the saviour we drive them away. All because we do not attend to our daily walk. That is where we live, what is the point of knowing what the third toe of Nebuchadnezzar's Image (Dan.2) means Prophetically, when we cannot get hold of God to see us through the day?
When the utillity bills come through the door and we do not have the money to pay them, but hey we are triple seperated from sinners, know all the conflation theories, and Westcott & Hort's false scholarship etc. but whats the point when we do not know how to let God take us through our daily walk in this world?

Take anyone of those and we cannot stand, add two and hey we are a bit lopsided add all three and we are balanced, then others see us as balanced individuals approachable, confident, grounded...

Just some thoughts folks...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-27-2008, 03:34 PM

Default Re: "Three Legged Stool"

Amen brother,

I know that this has been the greatest difficulty in my life - BALANCE!

It took me nearly 30 years to figure it out, and the last 20 years "working it out". By that I mean I believe we have 3 things we must always be aware of:

1. The Basis of our Fellowship = Doctrine.
2. Balance in our Daily Walk = Our Personal Relationship with the Lord i.e. our walk.
3. Unity amongst the brethren = Our relationship with Gods people (the saints).

It's difficult to keep the "balance" between these three areas of our life - but we must, if we are to serve Him Who is never out of "balance" or out of order.

Last edited by George; 05-27-2008 at 03:44 PM.