Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
BTW, what is your IQ brother? It's important to know whether mines exceeds it or not.

Grace and peace

Tony
Well My Internet Quota for the moment is quite High, I think I may be online too much, how about you ?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-14-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway
The reason this thread stirred up much controversy is the belief that some folks have that in order to be a Pastor / teacher / Evangelist a degree is needed or some kind of formal qualification to go out and "Preach the word" and this is just not the case.
I am not sure I agree with this. Can you point to the person and post that such a claim was made?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 AM
Bro. Parrish

Alas, it appears that some of the Bible correcting pink panty brethren have taken it upon themselves to use this issue to bash Bro. Gipp and the KJV:
http://www.fundamentalforums.com/bib...confusion.html

OOOPS, sorry Greektim, did I "drop a bomb" on you?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-14-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
I am not sure I agree with this. Can you point to the person and post that such a claim was made?
Quote:
The reason this thread stirred up much controversy is the belief that some folks have that in order to be a Pastor / teacher / Evangelist a degree is needed or some kind of formal qualification to go out and "Preach the word" and this is just not the
Its the belief people have in this "requirement" to Preach I am refuting, and the controversy surrounding a mans "qualifications", I know of plenty of people who think that a pastor with Doctorate's and degrees is more suited to "Preach the word" than anyone else. If i had specifically targeted that statement for anyone on this forum I would have addressed them with that post.
Do you believe a man needs formal qualifications to be apt to teach and preach the word of God?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Alas, it appears that some of the Bible correcting pink panty brethren have taken it upon themselves to use this issue to bash Bro. Gipp and the KJV:
http://www.fundamentalforums.com/bib...confusion.html

OOOPS, sorry Greektim, did I "drop a bomb" on you?
The simple "question" that started this thread has turned out just how many knew it would from the get Go, in maligning a Bible believer, his qualifications and his integrity. And showing your little forum over there how harsh and unloving us bible believers are.

1 Timothy 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

Proverbs 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:07 AM

You did nothing to me. In no way did I mention anything to do w/ Gipp's degree in relation to the video that I posted (which was only posted b/c I found it around the same time about this discussion of Gipp). I will agree that there are some on the FFF that are un-Christlike. But I never maligned him as you say. So no worries.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Do you believe a man needs formal qualifications to be apt to teach and preach the word of God?
LOL, we might be giving Timmy too much credit brother.
It seems Timmy still hasn't even figured out what the Word of God is yet, much less who is qualified to teach.

Timmy quote: "I am extremely against the KJV only view."

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 05-14-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
I've spoken to people who make Gipp the subject, not his book. for some odd reason(I guess laziness)they prefer not to address the book point by point as most do not seem to have the wits to, but must undermine the messenger. The arguments I have seen are state accreditation of the school Gipp got his degree, if that is impeached his whole work is impeached, so goes the train of thought.

I guess that impeaches Simon Peter also, a mere fisherman, Matthew, who was an IRS agent and bookkeeper, and several apostles whose visible means of support are not named and a Nazarene carpenter of questionable parentage.

BTW, what is your IQ brother? It's important to know whether mines exceeds it or not.

Grace and peace

Tony
It is very simple for me. I have a large library. I believe in every book I have, the author if he has some credentials never fails to put where he got those credentials. When I received the book, having never heard of Gipp, I was immidiately curious as to where he got his degree. It is the only book I have ever read where I still can't find out where he got his degree.

As far as I am concerned, I don't care whether a Bible college or seminiary is accredited or not. I attended one that wasn't accredited at the time but in the 20 years since, has gotten accredited. Makes no difference to me as long as they have a sound doctrinal statement and have integrity to teach according to that doctrinal statement. I think it is great that a church would have its own Bible school. In my opinion, that would be a great function of the local church.

As far as your concern as to my IQ compared to yours, I am not sure of what you mean by that or the spirit behind it.

Pastor Pat
Old 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM

The FFF are a bunch of fools. Almost every last one of them. I got my problems I know, but I don't pretend I don't.

They won't face the actual doctrine at all..

Do they want some ammunition to actually mock him about? Well, have a read of his commentary on the book of Acts. I won't say exactly what is in it that they will rant and rave about, but they will find something BIG! (If I do mention is specifically, they will all just quote me, even though I've never read it. Gipp told me about it over breakfast one morning and said all his notes on this particular view of his were in his book on Acts).

There argument goes like this

Gipp got his degree from PBI. Ruckman runs PBI. Ruckman is weird. Sam Gipp is weird. His degree is weird. Everything he writes is weird. Let's disregard it all because of that. If we can make people THINK he is bonkers, they won't actually read anything he wrote, but instead, copy and paste from me or someone else to support their reasoning. It's what they all do with Ruckman.

Test it. Start a thread on Ruckman on the FFF... say "Can I please have the address to Peter Ruckman's Bookstore Website". In 5 seconds, you'll have a bunch of parrots posting David Cloud's "expose" of Black is Beautiful, even though the thread had nothing to do with BiB.

I bet half of them own Lawrence Vance's "The Otherside of Calvinism". Vance was a PBI grad as well.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
The reason this thread stirred up much controversy is the belief that some folks have that in order to be a Pastor / teacher / Evangelist a degree is needed or some kind of formal qualification to go out and "Preach the word" and this is just not the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greektim View Post
For example, you can look at the Gail Riplinger thread on the FFF forum and discover some of our friends using her secular degree to say she doesn't know anything about theology and shouldn't be writing on it. They used her degree in basketweaving or whatever it is as an "in" to malign her character. When I first started posting on that forum, they tried to bring my education into question, too, trying to fish for ammunition to use against me.

In general, in the Southern Baptist Convention, people look at the Master of Divinity degree as the professional qualification of a full-time pastor. In the land of the hirelings, if you don't have a degree, you're not getting a decent church-job.

Inquiring about the education of an opponent on a site which advocates a position you are extremely against can look like an "in" to malign his character because it is often used in this manner.