Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

View Poll Results: Do Christians Worry too much?
Yes, the mind of the Church is much like the non-believer in this regard. 9 90.00%
Yes, the mind of the Church is much like the non-believer in this regard.
9 90.00%
No! We should be worried! (what would happen to TUMMS sales?) 1 10.00%
No! We should be worried! (what would happen to TUMMS sales?)
1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
With that being said, I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin. I don't believe that John McCain is much more worthy of the office of President than Obama, and he's not even a natural-born US citizen! God is in control regardless of who is in office; I have to think that getting an oppressive man like Obama in office might just be what revitalizes the Church in these last days approaching the Tribulation.

Why is it that 3 out of 4 years, we make snide jokes about politicians and lawyers, then election year, we seen to think that all the Republican politicians, many of whom are lawyers, are all good and great and worthy of our admiration? I think even Conservatives are swayed too much by publicity and advertisements!
I don't think much of most politicians Republican or otherwise. Republicans do tend to "stink" slightly less than democrats...

And while it is nice to vote for the guy I actually LIKE in the primary, I'll vote AGAINST the worst of the two choices that actually have a chance of getting in there. Voting otherwise is just another vote for the worst of the two choices. A vote that otherwise would have been counted against him.