Missions Support For missionaries and those who wish to support them. This forum is strictly for missions aid request, support, praise, and prayer. Off-topic posts will be deleted unceremoniously!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:59 PM

Smile KJV Bibles urgently needed

Here in Palawan Philippines we have a drought of God's Preserved word the KJV.

I asked the Christians book store to order some. but he says they are on back order. the Bible Society here doesn't have them.

I was asked two weeks ago from a friend, a missionary with YWAM for 6 KJV Bibles. I could only give him 3 and those were the last I have.

We need KJV Bibles very badly 100 hundred pieces may last us 8 months.

I have had many people looking for both the English and the NT Tagalog KJB.
still no response from Brother Roger Riley who is distributing them here in the Philippines.

Please pray that Palawan gets the Needed preserved word of God.

if anyone can help you can send them or any used clothing, simple medical supplies and medications etc...via LBC Mabuhay in the US call 1-800-338-5424 for nearest location, or Forex Inc call 1-800-210-1019.

To Chette Nichols Jr
3162 Chrysanthemum Road
Puerto Princesa City
5300 Palawan Philippines
cell # 011 63 928 221 7364

Last edited by chette777; 09-02-2008 at 12:24 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Scott Simons

Default KJB

Mormon is Utah have seminaries in all the High Schools, a times they dump all there King James Bible at the Desert Industry, It is kind of a second hand store. What you may do is get online and check to see what is available, they may even ship them for you.
Just a suggestion.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 PM

Chette, I have a box of 50 (minus one I think) International Bible Society KJB NT's that I could get to you if you are still in need. If you have use for them I would be overjoyed to see you put them to use.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen

EDIT: Oh and if you need complete bibles let me know and I can see what I can do. I may have to order them, then get them to you once I get them. Let me know if you would prefer this. My funds are limited so I'll have to check into what is available for a reasonable price before I can make any promises. But I sure would love to see Bibles into the hands of those without them. So exciting!
Old 09-13-2008, 02:12 PM

Stephanos,

When we send books out internationally we use flat rate priority boxes and it gets there reaL fast. It cost $50.00, there is a maxium weight of 20# but we have never been able to get that much weight in them. I know that it sounds like a lot of money, but I have checked on different methods and we find this the best for us. They do have different boxes that you might use (if the 10 bibles fit in it) the PI charges customs on more then 10 bibles sent at a time. If the new testaments are really small, you might check on their flat rate envelope. Shipping things to the PI by weight is rather expensive.

Aloha,
Renee
Old 09-14-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Stephanos,

When we send books out internationally we use flat rate priority boxes and it gets there reaL fast. It cost $50.00, there is a maxium weight of 20# but we have never been able to get that much weight in them. I know that it sounds like a lot of money, but I have checked on different methods and we find this the best for us. They do have different boxes that you might use (if the 10 bibles fit in it) the PI charges customs on more then 10 bibles sent at a time. If the new testaments are really small, you might check on their flat rate envelope. Shipping things to the PI by weight is rather expensive.

Aloha,
Renee
Who is this through? Is this through the Post Office? These are paperback NT's that aren't very good quality. I bought them to hand out during street preaching. I hope these are sufficient enough to serve Chette's purpose. If he needs Bibles for people that will be spending more than a casual glance within the pages then I should likely get him something better.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen
Old 09-14-2008, 08:48 PM

It's ok Stephen.

you should keep them for the purpose God had you get them for. I have some NT KJV's and have given them out too. the problem is most want a complete Bible. Can you blame them?

What we need is complete Old and New Testaments for our church and outreaches. we are teaching through the Bible very difficult when you only have the NT.

there is such a droght of them here. amazing how the other versions are so plentiful. but not the KJV
Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
It's ok Stephen.

you should keep them for the purpose God had you get them for. I have some NT KJV's and have given them out too. the problem is most want a complete Bible. Can you blame them?

What we need is complete Old and New Testaments for our church and outreaches. we are teaching through the Bible very difficult when you only have the NT.

there is such a droght of them here. amazing how the other versions are so plentiful. but not the KJV
Are you needing Bibles for people that will get a lot of use out of them? I can get a good deal on paperback Bibles (complete OT and NT) but if these are for people that need a Bible for regular use and just don't have one, then I should look into getting you something hardback perhaps.

Anyone have suggestions on where I might find a good deal on decent quality Bibles?

EDIT: Are Gift/Award Bibles ok? The Holman Gift and Award Bibles look ok.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 09-14-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 AM

I have found that alot of Gift and Award bibles the binding is not very good. I have a friend that can print bibles for around $2 a piece but currently needs $2000 for a broken part. Here is his web address www.bibles4free.com God bless.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:19 AM

Brother Ruckman's site offers a case of 24 paperback Bibles, shipped, for $98.00:

Quote:
http://www.kjv1611.org/2008%20catalog/cat-82-114.pdf

Our Most Affordable Complete Bible
8¼”h×5¼”w
Blue, paperback. 602 pages ....................................BL-4069
$3.95
Case of 24 Bibles (shipping included) ........ BL-4069C
$97.95
I don't see how you could do better than that!

If each of us could send $10.00, we could probably get a least a case of them for Brother Chette.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Bibles for Missions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Brother Ruckman's site offers a case of 24 paperback Bibles, shipped, for $98.00:

I don't see how you could do better than that!

If each of us could send $10.00, we could probably get a least a case of them for Brother Chette.

Aloha sister Here Am I,

Have you seen and handled these Bibles? We (our church) are looking for Bibles to send to brother Chette and to brother Sammy (Biblestudent) {both in the Philippines}, but we don't want to send them Bibles that start to fall apart in a couple of months.

I am curious about the "quality" of the Bibles you have mentioned, perhaps you have personally seen them and handled them?

We are looking for "the most bang for the buck", and realize that we can't expect too much for the price. But on the other hand, we would rather spend a little more money for a Bible that will hold up for a few years (even if it means less Bibles) than send something half-way around the world that may not hold up for very long.

Please don't get me wrong! I have no idea as to the "quality" of the Bibles you have mentioned, and hope that you might know enough about them or others to give us a recommendation.

Thanks for the information.