Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 PM

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm just posting jabs at Steve Anderson to sound critical, but I just don't like to see someone being promoted as a "hero" when he really isn't one.

Vendetta Ride, you really hit the nail on the head. I really appreciate your posts.

Btw, this isn't anything personal against Steve Anderson. He's a really smart guy (he knows 4 or 5 languages, and has much of the Bible memorized), and he has a lot of potential. Maybe that's part of the problem though, his intelligence is making him extremely critical of everyone else.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-29-2008, 10:54 PM

I hope it wasn't my comment. I was just stating some facts about him, not attacking him
Old 11-30-2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJBPrincess View Post
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm just posting jabs at Steve Anderson to sound critical, but I just don't like to see someone being promoted as a "hero" when he really isn't one.

Vendetta Ride, you really hit the nail on the head. I really appreciate your posts.

Btw, this isn't anything personal against Steve Anderson. He's a really smart guy (he knows 4 or 5 languages, and has much of the Bible memorized), and he has a lot of potential. Maybe that's part of the problem though, his intelligence is making him extremely critical of everyone else.
No I understand just fine why you said you think what he believes is 'wacked'. Anywho, I don't want to get into an argument. I truly love brother Steve Anderson. I love that he doesn't avoid preaching about things that others might for fear of offending people (like men looking like men being men and women like women, TV, his stance against LS etc). I want to be like this in my preaching. I also want desperately to start knocking on doors for Christ. Brother Anderson stresses this more than anything (this is how he built his church), and I am right there with him. Winning souls IS #1! and I kills me that I have NEVER been to a church that goes soulwinning or does street preaching (and yes I looke everywhere for one). So when I hear people attack him for being a Hylesite or for being to young etc I believe there is usually an ulterior reason for their attack. Maybe Steve isn't a "hero" but I do believe he is doing a fine job of seeking and obeying the will of God, and that is heroic in my book.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-05-2008, 06:01 PM

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDxcyqeRc-4
Old 12-05-2008, 06:53 PM

What's this garbage? is there a double standard?

I was warned:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, that's a Meat Puppets song.

By the way, Brandon is likely going to ask you not to directly link to a website with content on it that is vulgar. Not that this song is vulgar, but a lot of Nirvana's songs are, and also the comments on youtube are almost always full of corrupt communications. Just keep that in mind for next time.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
What's this garbage? is there a double standard?

I was warned:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, that's a Meat Puppets song.

By the way, Brandon is likely going to ask you not to directly link to a website with content on it that is vulgar. Not that this song is vulgar, but a lot of Nirvana's songs are, and also the comments on youtube are almost always full of corrupt communications. Just keep that in mind for next time.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
I gave you a word of caution because you linked to a rock and roll song performed by a band that doesn't exactly stand for the things we Christians do.

Manny's video, however, does not link to worldly content, but rather a Baptist preacher talking on the Bible.

Oh, and I also wasn't sure if Brandon would like linking to youtube as a matter of principle because of the comments that are often made on those videos. In the past Brandon has spoken on posting videos where the content was innapropriate, but he never commented against posting youtube videos, so I'd say as long as the content is ok (and is not an appearance of evil) then posting it should be ok. Ultimately it is his choice whether this is ok or not.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-05-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny Rodriguez View Post
This is a good example of why I like brother Anderson. There is nothing in the Bible that he's afraid to preach on. LOL

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-05-2008, 09:47 PM

Its hard for me to not see this as vulgar,same as Ruckman calling someone a Jack ### or John Hagee saying OMG even when it is used in a joke. If i was walking past a church and heard some of this, i would think that it is the same as the world. It sounds vulgar,it must be me,guess i am just too sensitive.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:22 PM

Well, it's in the Bible, but I think he completely lost the point of the verse, and somehow twisted it around to be about men. It might be worth noting, that whenever these men that pisseth against the wall are mentioned, they are always killed in the very same verse. It's almost as though it is referring to those who practice some kind of unhygienic deification compared to the Jewish laws of cleanliness.

This is probably his worst sermon I have heard. A lot of his others are more edifying.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Its hard for me to not see this as vulgar,same as Ruckman calling someone a Jack ### or John Hagee saying OMG even when it is used in a joke. If i was walking past a church and heard some of this, i would think that it is the same as the world. It sounds vulgar,it must be me,guess i am just too sensitive.
Jesus referred to a woman as a dog, and other people are referred to as or called animals; what's the difference? An ass is simply a donkey, regardless of how it's been mis-defined in our era. A jack ass is a male donkey. He was calling the person a donkey.