Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Wingwiper's

You make an excellent point. This oughta teach you never to ask a question on this forum.

At least we stayed on topic.
OK..............you got me, I'm busted
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-19-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
If we are talking about a body that is to be buried in an honourable way – then what about the concubine, the reformers and those who’s bodies were never found or lost at sea?

Judges 19:29 “And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.”

I personally don’t think that our burial is all that important as there are some that haven’t even been buried such as William Tyndale and Jon Huss because of their faith.

Rv.20:13 “And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.”

1 Cor 15 makes it clear that whatever the case – V42 “So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:”

To be sown in corruption means sown into death not necessarily in a tomb. Whether we are burned, buried or lost at sea we will all be raised up on the last day when that trumpet will sound its blast!

God bless

PaulB
I understand your point, however as you noted and someone else characterized 9/11............the question was conveyed in a way that a person was still in control of what happened to their remains as to bury or cremate.

People lost at sea or at 9/11 did not have that choice.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Well, no, the Philistines already had their way with Saul, just a few verses up. They cut of his head, paraded his body around the land, and pinned his body to a wall. I suppose of motive was in play, shame and embarrassment over what had been done to the bodies might have been a factor -- but that is mere speculation, just like saying Paul was talking about burning his dead body in 1Co 13.

I find cremation a distasteful practice, but I have to admit that my opinion on cremation is not backed up directly in Scripture. Given that we are three pages into this topic and nobody has produced a single verse clearly condemning cremation, perhaps we can come to an agreement that there is nothing Scriptural to be said of it one way or another, and we ought to let people do as they will without burdening them with guilt over something that God didn't bother to comment on in his Book.

I think you said it.....................and that is the bottom line. It ain't in the Bible............. Can't put a square in a round hole.

Still trying to absorb all the posts and I've learned quite a bit. You guyz are amazing...........! Brandon.............1 Sam. 31:12-13 was excellent.

Sorry for the multiple posts............I'm still trying to figure out this muti-quote thing.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
You make an excellent point. This oughta teach you never to ask a question on this forum.

At least we stayed on topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingwiper View Post
OK..............you got me, I'm busted
Noooo...! Sorry. I didn't mean we stayed on topic and you didn't! I was just giving credit to the group for staying on topic. That doesn't always happen!

I just sort of saw how funny this group can be (now, no offense meant to anyone). You ask one simple question about cremation and you get a full on theological debate with 20 different opinions on one point or another. I was just looking at it from what I perceived to be your point of view as a person new to the board and it struck me as really funny.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Noooo...! Sorry. I didn't mean we stayed on topic and you didn't! I was just giving credit to the group for staying on topic. That doesn't always happen!

I just sort of saw how funny this group can be (now, no offense meant to anyone). You ask one simple question about cremation and you get a full on theological debate with 20 different opinions on one point or another. I was just looking at it from what I perceived to be your point of view as a person new to the board and it struck me as really funny.
Wasn't offended in the least bit.................got quite a laugh.

Yes..................lots of grenades hurled at this subject, yet there is some good meat to pull from it. Definitely picked up a thing or too...............iron sharpenth iron, 'eh?

This is a heck of a forum.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:27 PM

Default conviction & grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
They burned the bodies then buried the bones. Now everybody should be happy.

Sorry, but it made me laugh!

Well, I find a lot of good posts here.

Based on some of the posts that I've read here, I prefer to be buried, and I prefer that our church practice BURIAL:
1. It's the Bible practice.
2. Cremation seems to be of paganistic origin.
3. Martyrs were "cremated" at the stake.
4. Burial is economical here.
5. Burial is a matter of conviction.
6. There is no verse in Scripture against cremation; even Paul has no objection to giving his body to be "burned" (as a martyr? or by cremation?)
7. There are a lot of verses for burial.
8. Finally, Christ died for my sins, and that HE WAS BURIED, and that he rose again the third day.

"Let every one be persuaded in his own mind."

"The King James Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and PRACTICE."
Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 AM

{John 6:43} Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
{John 6:43} Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
Cloudwalker the party pooper
Old 07-20-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Sister Amanda,

I apologize to you.
Apology accepted Jassy It certainly happens to us all. Not a problem. I try not to get all worked up as I too often speak before I think...but then I also speak what I think after thinking about it and that gets me into trouble too.

Perhaps we should put a disclaimer

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
Cloudwalker the party pooper

Hey, I'm only telling you what Jesus said, don't take my word for it.