Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
I'm voting on the principle that Obama is the most unqualified and dangerous person to ever get close to the job. Even if McCain wins and turns out to be worse than I expect, I will still be glad to be able to tell my son that I voted against Obama in 2008.

IMHO, a third-party vote is not a vote for my principles; it is a vote that helps Obama win. That's simply the reality of our system. Like it or not, our system is two-party, and me voting for a third-party is not going to change that one bit. I am not going to feel better about myself by effectively removing myself from the process by casting a vote for Barr or Baldwin.
X 1000...
An excellent post, there are three Supreme Court positions opening up that will sway this country for 30 years, and although none of us are crazy about all the man's policies, I think Christians have a responsibility to vote for McCain based on the abortion issue alone (but that is only my opinion). The fact is, there is a huge gap between the two candidates on this issue, as I have shown in the multiple pages of this detailed thread:
http://baptist1611.phpbb3now.com/vie...hp?f=26&t=1589

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-02-2008 at 10:18 AM.