General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:22 PM

After I accepted Christ, I asked my spiritual brother (the one who'd witnessed to me) to help me get a Bible. I told him I wanted something 'easy to read, like a modern language one' or something like that.

We went to a Christian bookstore, and he led me over to the Bible section, stopping in front of the King James display. He showed me several different types, a Scofield, a Thompson's, etc. and then let me decide.

So, I started out right to begin with!

As I read and studied, I never thought of the Bible as not being infallible. It just was God's word, plain and simple. Within a couple of months I was introduced to Brother Ruckman's works (Theological Seminar on the Air/TSA) and listened and learned.

I believe that once I got saved and started getting into the word of God, He convicted me of the truth I was reading in the AV.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM

I was saved at 32 years of age and had virtually no church experience before that time.

I did start off in a liberal church ( Southern Baptist ) and they used the NIV. Once I found out that the "originals" no longer existed I went to KJB ONLY, I know it may seem dumb but I used to think that with all the talk about the new bibles staying true to the original autographs, I assumed they still existed, once I discovered they did not I quickly went to the King James and I have been there ever since.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:05 AM

I believed the KJV is God's word from a child. My mother had a copy that had been a family friend's, and gave it to her, in the dry-sink in the dining room where she had a bunch of her other books. To this day I don't know if she ever read any of it, or even why Mr Winger gave it to her, exactly (although now, I'm hoping he witnessed to my parents). I read other (per)versions at home for the first five years after I was saved but I've been in a KJV church the whole time I've been saved. The Holy Spirit convicted me to use only the KJV, period, as I grew in the Lord.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:35 PM

Even though I've always been in churches that preached and taught from the KJB, no pastor or teacher ever addressed the issue of "which" version of the Bible we should use.

I settled on the KJB only--the "old fashioned" way. For better understanding [] I attempted to read and study easier to read, more "user friendly" versions, but they seemed like weak, shallow, lacking, and flowery words. They did not stir my heart with conviction and instruction like the KJB did.

The Holy Spirit spoke to my heart when reading from, and meditating on, the words written in the KJB. No instruction, no books, no arguments, persuasion of others, or healthy debates. Just me, my King James Bible, and the Holy Spirit bearing witness with my spirit that I was reading the word of God. (Can God do that?)

Actually, I did not become aware of the "version" issue until about five years ago. (I've been a follower of Jesus Christ now for 30 years.) Needless to say, I do not need any historical evidence or the eloquent arguments of educated men to convince me that the Bible, I have in my possession, is the preserved word of God. I am grateful for the power, presence, and perfect persuasion of God in my life as His child. "I am His and He is mine."
Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn1 View Post
... I've been in a KJV church the whole time I've been saved. ...
Not to hijack the thread but I'm curious of the location of the KJV church, as I'm only 20mins away. Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Not to hijack the thread but I'm curious of the location of the KJV church, as I'm only 20mins away. Thanks

Ancaster till it closed; the church we're now at is in the east end of Hamilton.

Feel free to email me through the members list here so we don't hijack the thread any further.

Last edited by kittn1; 11-03-2008 at 08:17 PM.