Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:38 AM

My, rbrett, you seem adapt in your writing, much like certain which I have seen before by people who deliberately come against King James Bible only writers with insincerity. Thankfully, my Bible instructs me to be as wise as a serpent too.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-03-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbratt View Post
One thing in this post I sincerely disagree with is anyone saying that the Holy Spirit cannot work through an NIV or NAS Bible to save souls. What you just said was that God is powerless without a KJV Bible. God wins souls with enormous disasters overseas, death of loved ones, bith defects, all sorts of things. Far be it from me to think he couldn't use a Bible.

The NIV shows you the same plan of salvation as the KJV. Jesus laid out the way of salvation. I don't remember ANY version of the Bible in his plan.
I agree that we cannot place God in a box. I use the KJB, but I'm certainly not going to limit God's ability to bring people to Jesus Christ. Of course. God can use the NIV to bring people to Jesus Christ. Preach Jesus. He died for our sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

But I'm praying with you that this important issue [which Bible is the preserved Word of God] is resolved in your heart.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
rbratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
My, rbrett, you seem adapt in your writing, much like certain which I have seen before by people who deliberately come against King James Bible only writers with insincerity. Thankfully, my Bible instructs me to be as wise as a serpent too.
Might I add that the same may said about you. I would never discredit the Word of God, but I will look for the truth. If that offends you, I apologize. However I stand by what I said in my post in this thread. That is: if you think the KJV Bible is the only way to God then I disagree and I think you are taking the power of God out of salvation. I am NOT against the KJV Bible. It is a great translation. I just don't believe (yet) that it is the ONLY inspired Word of God. Did that clarify my stance any?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
One thing in this post I sincerely disagree with is anyone saying that the Holy Spirit cannot work through an NIV or NAS Bible to save souls. What you just said was that God is powerless without a KJV Bible. God wins souls with enormous disasters overseas, death of loved ones, bith defects, all sorts of things. Far be it from me to think he couldn't use a Bible.

The NIV shows you the same plan of salvation as the KJV. Jesus laid out the way of salvation. I don't remember ANY version of the Bible in his plan.
Jesus prayed for another way if it was possible, I would have bet there was not other way, or if it was possible, God decided not to do it another way, so I think you are not correct in your analysis. God has predestined the way of salvation and there really is no other way, sorry. But I guess I could be wrong but you might be wrong, so do you want to risk it?

I have heard people say I know the bible say it, but I am going to do it anyway. I guess they think God will not require it on them.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Scott Simons

[QUOTE]
Quote:
. Far be it from me to think he couldn't use a Bible. .
I almost over look this, but perversion versions are not bible, but the King James is the Bible the rest are perversion, (and my personal opinion is there is not a single word of God in the versions perversions) if you do not like that, again sorry.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
Jesus prayed for another way if it was possible, I would have bet there was not other way, or if it was possible, God decided not to do it another way, so I think you are not correct in your analysis. God has predestined the way of salvation and there really is no other way, sorry. But I guess I could be wrong but you might be wrong, so do you want to risk it?
Brother Scott, I don't think he is saying there is another way to Heaven. He is specifically saying God can bring someone to a saving knowledge of Christ by using the NIV, for example.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6, KJV).

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6, NIV).
Old 09-03-2008, 02:36 PM
rbratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simons View Post
Wait. The NIV Bible says that Gods plan of salvation was for Jesus to die on the cross. As a matter of fact it says Jesus prayed for another way if it was God's will. Isn't that the same message?

So you are saying that the same message is a perversion as the one in the KJV? I really don't get that point of view. ?? Look, I am not trying to argue. I am asking for someone to explain why (even though the message is the same) you are saying one is a perversion and the other isn't? Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's are the same message, right? If your argument holds true they should all be exact duplicates of each other. They aren't becasue Gods Word came into their hearts, they wrote it in the way that they understood it and it makes it easier for ALL MEN to understand now. How then can you say that a translation with the same message (and not all translations have the same message, do I agree) is a perversion?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I am asking for someone to explain why (even though the message is the same) you are saying one is a perversion and the other isn't? Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's are the same message, right? If your argument holds true they should all be exact duplicates of each other. They aren't becasue Gods Word came into their hearts, they wrote it in the way that they understood it and it makes it easier for ALL MEN to understand now. How then can you say that a translation with the same message (and not all translations have the same message, do I agree) is a perversion?
Those Holy men of God actually wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit, not in the way they understood it. We certainly see their unique styles, but God inspired the Words.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:20-21).

The real issue is this. Am I reading the exact preserved written Word of God?

Personally, I want to know that I am. He WILL show you. Get alone, ask, and seek. You can trust Him.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:38 PM

Philippians 2:6-7 KJV
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

The NIV reads, "Who, being in very nature God, DID NOT CONSIDER EQUALITY WITH GOD something to be grasped,".
There is the Deity Of Christ being changed, in fact the word "Godhead" does not exist in the NIV

LUKE 2:33
"And JOSEPH and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him." The NIV reads, "The CHILD'S FATHER and mother marveled at what was said about him."
There goes the virgin Birth.

LUKE 11:2-4 KJV
1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

The NIV Reads
2 He said to them, When you pray, say:
Father, (where is this father?)
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come. (where is this kingdom?)
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation." (no deliverance from evil?)
The difference removes all the distinctions between God and satan.

Matthew 18:11
For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

While on the surface the NIV and modern versions may "appear" to preach the same message they almost certainly dont.
"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." -2nd Corinthians 2:11

The Christ I put my faith in was Born of A Virgin, is a member of the Godhead no question! In the NIV if Jesus is not portrayed as a member of the Godhead or born of a virgin then its not Jesus Christ, its another christ.
The NIV is a translation that was written to keep "men" happy, the word of God was changed into a lie because men interpreted scripture to suit their own desires.
God HAD to preserve his Word for EVERY Generation, If its not the KJV then tell me which Bible it is? and ill start using that one.

As you have the KJV/NIV parallel, I would ask you to consider the following sample of words that are ommited from the NIV
Matt. 6:13, "For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."
Matt. 15:8, "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth"
Matt. 19:9, "and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."
Matt. 20:7, "and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive."
Matt. 20:16, "for many be called, but few chosen."
Matt. 20:22, "and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with"
Matt. 25:13, "wherein the Son of Man cometh."
Matt. 27:35, "that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet They parted my garments among them and upon my vesture did they cast lots"
Mark 6:11, "Verily I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city."
Mark 10:21, "take up the cross."
Luke 1:28, "blessed art thou among women"
Luke 4:4, "but by every word of God"
Luke 4:8, "get thee behind me Satan"
Luke 4:18, "he hath sent me to heal the broken hearted"
Luke 11:2-4, "Our ... which art in ... Thy will be done, as in heaven so in earth... but deliver us from evil"
John 1:27, "is preferred before me"
John 3:13, "which is in heaven"
John 3:15, "should not perish"
John 11:41, "from the place where the dead was laid"
John 16:16, "because I go to the Father"
Acts 10:6, "he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do"
Acts 15:18, "Known unto God are all his works"
Acts 20:24, "But none of these things move me"
Acts 23:9, "let us not fight against God"
Rom. 8:1, "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit"
Rom. 13:9, "Thou shalt not bear false witness"
I Cor. 6:20, "and in your spirit which are God's"
I Cor. 11:24; "Take eat... broken"
II Cor. 10:4, "but mighty through God"
Gal. 3:1, "that you should not obey the truth"
Eph. 5:30, "of his flesh, and of his bones"
Phil. 3:16, "let us mind the same thing"
I Tim. 6:5, "from such wthdraw thyself"
Heb. 7:21, "after the order of Melchisedec"
I Pet. 1:22, "through the Spirit"
I Pet. 4:14, "on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified"
I John 4:3, "Christ is come in the flesh"
I John 5:13, "and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God"
Rev. 1:11, "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last"
Rev. 5:14, "him that liveth for ever and ever"
Rev. 14:5, "before the throne of God"
Rev. 21:24, "of them which are saved"

The above is a sample, the NIV butchers its way through God's word from start to finish. It is preaching another christ to people that do not want to be convicted of willfull sin and blatant error. Hopefully the sampling I have shown you in regards to the 4 Gospels may open your eyes to the "subtle" deception that is the NIV.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 09-03-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-03-2008, 04:34 PM

I'm not sure I understand the argument here and sometimes I think we are straining at gnats and swallowing camels....I have been studying this site off and on since March and while I am certainly KJVO, I sometimes find love and charity hard to find in some of the discussions.....someone already said the common sense truth....how did anyone get saved before 1611?? Is there another dispensation for the KJV?? What version did Paul have when he was converted on the Damascus Road?? I believe the trouble with the other perversions is that when studying how they came about, there seems to be an agenda attached [doctrine and money] to them....This is why JW's can take their version and "prove" to some unsuspecting soul that Jesus Christ has not actually been here on earth yet [by removing Christ and Jesus in strategic areas throughout].....but a person that is born again and saved isn't going to know or stop believing because of the textual errors in other perversions......someone hit it on the head, I really believe that the new perversions promote "easy believism" if that is a term and they are easy for the modern contemporary movement [earthly, sensual]......we all as KJV people need to state our cases with love and humility without which it would be hard for others to take us too seriously....God's Blessings.....