General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Beth, I think we all know that is for the 'argumentative my way only' overly zealous then the inquisitively overzealous. Certainly not directed at you. That is the difference I believe Brandon is trying to get a handle of control on.
I'm glad you clarified that. I did not know, so I don't think you can say we all know.

I'm not so sure I like that quote from Twain, it can be taken in many ways. Besides he was an atheist, correct? The biggest fool there is!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-19-2008, 12:37 PM

This is addressed to the "Forum" and no one in particular:

Let’s see now, if I understand where some of you folks are coming from – since this is a “Forum”, we suspend the instructions of the Bible in favor of “dialogue” or “discussion”?

#1. 1Timothy 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; (except on the Forum?)
1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses. (except on the Forum?)

#2. Titus 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. (except on the Forum?)

#3. Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (except on the Forum?)

#4. Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; (except on the Forum?)

Thanks – but, No Thanks!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

Let’s see now, if I understand where some of you folks are coming from – since this is a “Forum”, we suspend the instructions of the Bible in favor of “dialogue” or “discussion”?

#1. 1Timothy 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; (except on the Forum?)
1 Timothy 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses. (except on the Forum?)

#2. Titus 1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. (except on the Forum?)

#3. Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. (except on the Forum?)

#4. Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; (except on the Forum?)

Thanks – but, No Thanks!
Once again, truly inspired wisdom. Something we can all learn from. Thank you brother George.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

Thanks – but, No Thanks!
I think I need more clarification, especially if this will be a rule of the forum. and yes, the forum rules should be specific if you want to be able to suspend people for breaking the said rules.

First of all, I believe Brandon said this was not a Church and therefore Church order is not in place, such as do not rebuke an elder. and if this is one of the forum rules then we better put the age as well as gender on all of the user profiles. I agree that if we choose to walk in the spirit then we will want to respect those that are older than us, as well as everyone else.

I don't always know who is my elder and also who is male and female. At my home Church this is all well understood and the elders are above reproach.

I'm sorry again George, but this doesn't make sense to me. You need to decide what your mission is. Do you want to put many under Church discipline or do you want to help edify others. Even others that may not be where they need to be as far as their Christian walk? We turn the other cheek in hopes of winning the offender over. We balance truth and love.

If you want to be respected as an elder, you need to be above reproach. Meaning if someone does come to you with a rebuke, you should be able to defend yourself in a Christian way or apologize when you are in the flesh. and I understand personally, the Holy Spirit within us struggles against the flesh and the flesh against the Spirit.

I'm really trying not to be disrespectful, but we need to iron this out? It looks as though since you are older, we are not to question you.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM
freesundayschoollessons

If I may step in here, because I am sure that I am being pegged as a "disorderly brother"...

Beth's comments are right on. This is not a church.

I will say this, if someone is clearly a heretic, then do not hesitate to ban them. Who needs scoffers?

As you see, on this forum, there is a wide variety of KJVOnly people. Even some consider themselves TROnly. There is a wide amount of discussion regarding the textual criticism of the KJV as our brother Bibleprotector seeks to find the purest form of the KJV.

It is quite clear when a person gets involved in a forum to simply "trip up" the other side without trying to explain himself and offer edifying material that leads us all to a clearer understanding of Scripture. If a person simply posts "errors in the KJV" and will not let it drop, then that person violates Paul's admonition in Gal 6.1.

With all of that said, this forum is on the Internet. It is the modern-day equivalent of the Apostle Paul walking into a temple or Mars Hill to discuss matters of Christ. Why have a forum defending the KJV if you will not allow those who disagree with you? This is not church, so don't worry about my comments being used to destroy "the faith" of those under your authority by "causing divisions."

As for me, I will always be respectful. I will not throw Imprecatory Psalms at you or even compare you to the biblical fool in the Psalms or put you in the "house of Satan" (even when that is done toward me). Those judgments are for Christ in His Kingdom.

I take the KJV translator's comments in my signature seriously. I will admit overstatements and faults. I am about to later today admit to a "Hasty Generalization. "I have already admitted to a "Straw Man." I expect others to admit their logical fallacies when I have already pointed them out, but that is up to them.

May we all be willing to "trample vpon our owne credit" when we are proven wrong. The Trueth is the most important thing, not the amount of posts we have. Praise God there is no "reputation" crediting here :-)
Old 05-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesundayschoollessons View Post
Why have a forum defending the KJV if you will not allow those who disagree with you?
Why is this even a question? Where was it suggested that only agreement will be allowed?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 PM
freesundayschoollessons

Hi Diligent, I never got that impression from you. I was using it as a rhetorical question to stave off the inevitable question from others.

For example, the first contact I had with George was this: "I have a question - WHY are you here? It's certainly NOT to edify!"

Now, he posts here: "Let’s see now, if I understand where some of you folks are coming from – since this is a “Forum”, we suspend the instructions of the Bible in favor of “dialogue” or “discussion”?"

So, my rhetorical question anticipates his inevitable follow through...
Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
For example, the first contact I had with George was this: "I have a question - WHY are you here? It's certainly NOT to edify!"
It is a valid question he asked of you... but let's not derail the point of this thread.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
freesundayschoollessons

I think my answer to you will help you formulate your policies. I don't want idiots posting things on my website any more than you do.

I am here to "get inside your heads." Why are you KJVOnly? I have no grand illusions that you are going to change. I simply want to know. In order for me to know, I want to know how you interpret various passages of Scripture and come to the KJVOnly conclusion. As I admit on the "baptism" thread, I am learning how you think.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Beth

Quote:
I think my answer to you will help you formulate your policies. I don't want idiots posting things on my website any more than you do.

I am here to "get inside your heads." Why are you KJVOnly? I have no grand illusions that you are going to change. I simply want to know. In order for me to know, I want to know how you interpret various passages of Scripture and come to the KJVOnly conclusion. As I admit on the "baptism" thread, I am learning how you think.
let us know how your little experiment turns out. k.