General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:15 PM

Default 5th Grader Suspended For Anti-Obama Shirt

Guys,

Check this out!!!!!!!!

Comrades, do not dare insult Dear Leader Barack, or you will pay!!

Comrades unite!!!!!

Atlas

Quote:
5th Grader Suspended For Anti-Obama Shirt

Last Edited: Tuesday, 23 Sep 2008, 7:51 AM MDT
Created: Monday, 22 Sep 2008, 9:15 PM MDT

Aurora fifth-grader suspended for home madetshirt reading "Obama is a terrorist's best friend."

Poll

An 11-year-old boy was reprimanded for wearing a homemade shirt reading "Obama is a terrorist's best friend" to school this week. Do you think it was appropriate for the school to punish the student.

Poll Results:
Yes 25.17%
No 73.03%
No opinion 1.80%
Tell us Your Thoughts On the Message Boards
Total number of votes: 33083

AURORA (MyFOXColorado.com) - An 11-year-old in Aurora says his first amendment rights are being trampled after he was suspended for wearing a homemade shirt that reads "Obama is a terrorist's best friend."

The fifth grader at Aurora Frontier K-8 School wore it on a day when students were asked to wear red, white and blue to show their patriotism.

The boy's father Dann Dalton describes himself as a "proud conservative" who has taken part in some controversial anti-abortion protests. Dalton says the school made a major mistake by suspending his son for wearing the shirt.

"It's the public school system," Dalton says. "Let's be honest, it's full of liberal loons."

According the the boy's father, the school district told the student, Daxx Dalton, that he had the choice of changing his shirt, turning his shirt inside out or being suspended.

Daxx chose suspension.

"They're taking away my right of freedom of speech," he says. "If I have the right to wear this shirt I'm going to use it. And if the only way to use it is get suspended, then I'm going to get suspended."

Daxx's dad agrees with him and is encouraging his son to stand his ground. "The facts are his rights were violated. Period."

Aurora Public Schools would not talk about the case but said the district "Respects a student's right to free speech, such as the right to wear specific clothing," but administrators say they review any situation that interrupts the learning environment.

Paperwork submitted by the school district says Daxx Dalton was not suspended for wearing the shirt, but for willful disobedience and defiance.

The boy's father says he intends to pursue a lawsuit against the district.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/p...ollP44Question
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-01-2008, 11:00 AM

Oh, there's more restriction of free speech if it consists of commentary against Obama, brother Atlas:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gov. Blunt Statement on Obama Campaign’s Abusive Use of Missouri Law Enforcement

JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today issued the following statement on news reports that have exposed plans by U.S. Senator Barack Obama to use Missouri law enforcement to threaten and intimidate his critics.

“St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.

“What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.

“This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson’s thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.

“Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility. When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society.”

http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/coran...&tmpl=newsitem
Old 10-01-2008, 09:19 PM

I'm going to have to buy one of these Anti-Obama shirts.

(hey bro, can you still hook me up with that CD?)
Old 10-02-2008, 07:22 AM

well if the t-shirt was red, white or blue and it had the quote. he will win the case but if it was orange he will lose. however thye asked him to turn it inside out which shows they didn;t like what it said. it had nothing to do with the color.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Vendetta Ride

This is an interesting thread, but I'm only bumping it so that I won't have to see Clay Aiken's name on the front page every day!

NOTE: Well, it didn't work. He's still there. Oh, well...
Old 10-12-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Vendetta Ride: This is an interesting thread, but I'm only bumping it so that I won't have to see Clay Aiken's name on the front page every day!

IF we had a rolling on the floor laughing smilie I'd put it, but we don't so this will have to do.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
IF we had a rolling on the floor laughing smilie I'd put it, but we don't so this will have to do.
Here you go, sister:

Old 10-13-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Here you go, sister:

Thanks. I've always liked that one.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 PM

you ned to forward that to Brandon to put in the template
Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
you ned to forward that to Brandon to put in the template