Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 AM

Hello Bro. Parrish,
I do not believe that I would accept anyone into my house with false doctrine at a time my children are around. Not even my wife for that due to the fact she does not appreciate doctrinal debates as I do. I have learned that doctrinal debates get you nowhere with JW's because accepting your thoughts could get them excommunacated from their church. This would automatically disqualify them for being one of the chosen. That is another doctrinal issue they are way wrong on. I have yet to meet any JW that fits the Biblical qualifications to being one of the 144,000. I do have compasion for them that are decieved. How else will they hear. I feel, I know felings are not a true source for right and wrong, that when given the opportunity to witness to them I should. I pray for the Lord to put people in my path and He does. I am very firm in my faith. I have placed all my hope in the Word. There has got to be more to 2 John 1: 9-11. I know I do not bid them Gods speed, recieving into ones house is another issue. When Jesus instructed the disiples how to minister it was not door to door. They were to stay with that person to the point where they would no longer be able to speak to them anymore about there salvation. Then if they refused you you shook the dust off of your feet and went to the next place. there was also criteria as to whom they were to seek out to minister to. I do not recieve them into my house to stay or even meet my family. I could be wrong but I also have family members involded in false religions. I can get confused on how to handle this. Thank God I get to just trust Him and ask for His guidance as to who I can help or not. Maybe Satan would send someone to my door to try and weaken my faith in God. Good luck with that. I guess I am asking for more references as to how the christain should respond. I will be back with more after I find some scripture refering to how Jesus ministered to those teaching false doctrine. How about the Pharissee, I know he wasnt inited into Jesus' house was he. Gonna be hard to do being that Jesus didnt own a home.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-23-2009, 12:08 PM

Contrary to the modern idea of witnessing, I do not believe in contending with every telephone-pole on the street. In fact I feel the life you live before others, is a much greater witness than a thousand words.

Here are a couple of verses related with how to deal with such as the JW, which are very well trained in public debate, on a one sided principle. And will not listen to a thing you say. To deal with these kind, is nothing more than casting pearls before the Swine.

Heb:13:9: Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
Ro:16:17: Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

2Jo:1:9: Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jo:1:10: If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed_0331 View Post
Hello Bro. Parrish,
I do not believe that I would accept anyone into my house with false doctrine at a time my children are around. Not even my wife for that due to the fact she does not appreciate doctrinal debates as I do. I have learned that doctrinal debates get you nowhere with JW's because accepting your thoughts could get them excommunacated from their church. This would automatically disqualify them for being one of the chosen. That is another doctrinal issue they are way wrong on. I have yet to meet any JW that fits the Biblical qualifications to being one of the 144,000. I do have compasion for them that are decieved. How else will they hear. I feel, I know felings are not a true source for right and wrong, that when given the opportunity to witness to them I should. I pray for the Lord to put people in my path and He does. I am very firm in my faith. I have placed all my hope in the Word. There has got to be more to 2 John 1: 9-11. I know I do not bid them Gods speed, recieving into ones house is another issue. When Jesus instructed the disiples how to minister it was not door to door. They were to stay with that person to the point where they would no longer be able to speak to them anymore about there salvation. Then if they refused you you shook the dust off of your feet and went to the next place. there was also criteria as to whom they were to seek out to minister to. I do not recieve them into my house to stay or even meet my family. I could be wrong but I also have family members involded in false religions. I can get confused on how to handle this. Thank God I get to just trust Him and ask for His guidance as to who I can help or not. Maybe Satan would send someone to my door to try and weaken my faith in God. Good luck with that. I guess I am asking for more references as to how the christain should respond. I will be back with more after I find some scripture refering to how Jesus ministered to those teaching false doctrine. How about the Pharissee, I know he wasnt inited into Jesus' house was he. Gonna be hard to do being that Jesus didnt own a home.
I may be wrong here, brethren. But I know the culture in John's day involved inviting a person in, feeding them, and letting them bed down for the night. Perhaps this is the context of his warning.

Personally, if the Holy Spirit prompts me to invite a JW in so I can pteach the Gospel, I try to obey. Otherwise, I do it at the front door. Just sow the good seed.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Bro. Parrish

Well I have witnessed to JW's and Mormons for many years,
on the front porch, the back porch or out on the front yard.
I have also knocked on THEIR doors with Gospel tracts, that's always interesting...

I just don't invite them in my house.

I was a Sunday School teacher for over 10 years, (college and career adults) and I only lost one young lady to a cult, it was the Mormons. It started as a social affair, she worked with several of them and she was invited to their events and eventually she started inviting them into her apartment. That's how it starts.

Now we talked with her, several of us visited her and tried to answer her questions about doctrine again and again. I sent some of the women to visit her as well.

It took a long time for them to sway her, about a year as I recall. Well one Sunday she came back and made it known around the church that she had become a Mormon and joined their program. Then she started coming over to my house, and wanting to talk to me about doctrine. Guess what? yep---I no longer allowed her in my house. Why? Was it because I was afraid of her doctrine? No, it was because of what scripture told me. I will leave the exegesis of that scripture to others. But my advice is the same, don't let these people in your home.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:26 AM

Default Witnessing To Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses invite you into a card game with a loaded deck.

The word "hell" is neither misunderstood or mistranslated. The JW teaching is. The Hebrew "sheol" does not mean literally "the grave" but "place of the dead" The literal word for "grave" in Hebrew is "k'ber" or "keber" as some spell it. The KJV translators translated "sheol" as "hell" interchangably with "grave". I trust their translation as it has worked effectually in me and in hundreds of millions of Christians in 400 years and I accept the KJV as the inspired Scripture in my language. Jesus Christ, while in the grave, went to "hell" where he preached to the saints there and also the lost and it was there he deposited the sins He bore on the cross. Once educated in dealing with JWs their belief in hell can be corrected along with their other errors.

JWs usually come in pairs: One experienced member with a trainee. You DO NOT ALLOW THEM to have the initiative in any conversation but you must always keep them on the defensive. The main topic should always be Jesus Christ and NOTHING ELSE.

There are two points that will cook their noodles and crowbar them from what they have been taught: First, you must ask them if anyone has ever seen Jehovah. They will say no. Ask them if Jesus was the physical representative of Jehovah and they will say yes, he was like an "angel". Ask them if Jesus is a mighty god or an Almighty God, they will say only Jehovah is the Almighty. Ask them if Jehovah has ever appeared and spoke to man. They will say of course not. Take them to Genesis 17:1 IN THEIR OWN BIBLES and read for them: "Abram was 99 years old and Jehovah APPEARED TO HIM AND SAID, I AM GOD ALMIGHTY."

The second point is if you get them talking about Catholics, who they will damn to hell and back. It is then you point them to the preface of THEIR bibles and ask them since they are translated from Vaticanus and other CATHOLIC manuscripts the KJV translators rejected, why are they carrying a Catholic Bible?

At this point you bid them a good day and close the door. God gave you the seed to plant, which is the word of God, others will water it, God will make it grow.

I don't allow JWs into my home, but if they are standing in the rain I go outside and stand in it with them. I witnessed to two JW women with an abcessed tooth once, I spoke, spit blood into the sink, returned to talking to them. When speaking with them you must not, again, allow them to have the initiative. I want to talk about Jesus Christ. If they try to steer to world events, the Kingdom, hell, the grave, Catholics, No, I want to talk about Jesus Christ.

Their message is deception, ours is Christ and Him crucified.

grace and peace

Tony Bones
Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 AM

That's good stuff, brother Tony, thanks. Staying on the topic of Christ is paramount, all other ground is sinking sand.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:33 PM

Default Gods Words are the Authority.

I have to be honest in saying that asking them in my house was the polite thing to do. I was very defensive in that I allowed them to present their beief and I would try and contain myself to try and show them scripture doctrine a little at a time hoping something set in. As I have said before I am feeling much more prepared for the next visit. I will try to witness to them, it will be with scripture. Of course for the scripture to work to its fullest thru me I must live according to Its principles. Not letting them in must be one of these. Thank you Bro. Parrish for the wisdom.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
That's good stuff, brother Tony, thanks. Staying on the topic of Christ is paramount, all other ground is sinking sand.
It's most important to maintain the iniative with them. They use us for whet rocks to train the newbies on, when the experienced member is run to ground, it forms doubts in the newbies mind. That's one way to win converts.

The problem we have with winning JWs, Mormons, Catholics, etc.,is that their whole families are tied into the cult sometimes, and few want the ostracizing and rejection. I have firsthand knowledge the Mormons will order the spouse of a member who leaves the church to divorce them and remarry a Mormon. That's desperation.

The JWs have a problem in their bibles in Revelation 22. In verse 6 it says Jehovah sent the angel. In verse 13 the speaker(Christ) is the Alpha and Omega. The cap is in verse 16 it says Jesus sent the angel. Jesus is the Jehovah of verse 6. In Deut. 2:36, 6:4, and Matt. 12:29 all state the lord or God is one lord. In Rev. 22:21 the NWT says the grace of our LORD Jesus Christ be with you all, amen. How many Lords?

I hope this helps Matt. One of the best things you can have is a copy of the JW bible

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltfed_0331 View Post
...I will try to witness to them, it will be with scripture. Of course for the scripture to work to its fullest thru me I must live according to Its principles. Not letting them in must be one of these. Thank you Bro. Parrish for the wisdom.
My pleasure brother, we are all learning every day,
and wishing you the best of success.