Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Maverick

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Sure you could, but you'd be lying to yourself.

Here we have another member of the "What Is Truth?" (Jn. 18:38) Club.

If you're going to say something, input something intelligent. Or at least try.
Sure,why not explain *HOW* I would be "lying" to myself......

And also,those of the MDCXI sect that believe in "inspiration" of the KJV translators care to explain to me *HOW* a group of Anglicans can fulfill Romans 3:1-2????

Last edited by Maverick; 12-08-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Bro. Parrish

Maverick please...
your comments were replied to in post 141 and 142, one of those is the admin. of the forum. It would be counter-productive to argue with you because we don't speak your erroneous language. In your confusion, you are confident of errors in God's Word, and you attempt to teach that vomitus to others. That sort of teaching is anathema with real Bible believers, it's kind of like pooping in the swimming pool. Your fellow Bible doubter has already gone, he was publicly humiliated by his own bizarre opinions on God's Holy Book, and he has no doubt returned to his forum of misinformation. Please pause and think, do you really want to pursue this here?
Old 12-09-2008, 01:58 AM

Default Say What ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
< snipped for brevity >

And also,those of the MDCXI sect that believe in "inspiration" of the KJV translators care to explain to me *HOW* a group of Anglicans can fulfill Romans 3:1-2????

hmmmm--- well, I've read Romans 3:1-2 twice in the last 1/2 hour... went to the kitchen and got some celery sticks and a soda pop... ...Read you post again, and I still have no clue what those verses have to do with your point.

Do you know ( not sure; "Maverick" does mean a unbranded stray calf.) that the Apostle Paul was writing about the Hebrew Scriptures which can be found from Genesis to Malachi..?! The New Testament had not been completed when Paul was writing the Epistle to the Christians in Rome. Before you insult those "Anglicans" who did the work on the A.V. you really should read a pamphlet titled: "The Learned Men".

BTW--- On your Profile page you use the ESV as your signature or motto. When you joined the forum did you not notice that this is an Authorized Version website ?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Maverick

Angry

Quote:
Do you know ( not sure; "Maverick" does mean a unbranded stray calf.) that the Apostle Paul was writing about the Hebrew Scriptures which can be found from Genesis to Malachi..?! The New Testament had not been completed when Paul was writing the Epistle to the Christians in Rome. Before you insult those "Anglicans" who did the work on the A.V. you really should read a pamphlet titled: "The Learned Men".
It simply means that the *JEWS* were the ones God chose to pen down His word............to believe the Anglican monks were "inspired" by God when translating the inspired Greek and Hebrew,is to believe they met the criteria of Romans 3:1-2..

Quote:
BTW--- On your Profile page you use the ESV as your signature or motto. When you joined the forum did you not notice that this is an Authorized Version website ?
And? That is WHY I chose the name Maverick...it *ALSO* means: "an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party".
Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
"an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party".
Independent of rational thought and Spiritual discernment as well, it would seem.

See, Apollos LEFT Alexandria. YOU, however, haven't. You and your filthy, Devil-sanctioned perversions are still rotting in the cesspool of Alexandrian humanism.

Why are you still here?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 AM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Anglican monks
Maverick, with a dumb comment like this you show that you are either abysmally ignorant or guided by an anti-KJB agenda to say anything convenient.

There is lots of excellent material on the web if you desire to learn about the scholarship and lives and sermons and preaching of the King James Bible translators, Anglican and Puritan both. You can even learn about auxiliary issues, like Samuel Ward (KJB translator) going to the Synod of Dort and the report handed in about the translation.

I have been more or less skipping over your posts as unsubstantive even before. Noticing that your posts were going downhill, I thought it was time to comment briefly.

Shalom,
Steven
Old 12-09-2008, 08:08 AM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default God's book - the King James Bible or the ESV mess?

Quote:
It simply means that the *JEWS* were the ones God chose to pen down His word............to believe the Anglican monks were "inspired" by God when translating the inspired Greek and Hebrew,is to believe they met the criteria of Romans 3:1-2..

And? That is WHY I chose the name Maverick...it *ALSO* means: "an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party".

Hi M. Just a couple of comments. Your ESV fails miserably to have followed the Old Testament Hebrew oracles you refer to in Romans 3:1-2. The true Bible follows the God inspired texts. The King James Bible meets this standard. Your ESV (the liberal RSV in new garb) does not.

Check it out - http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/ESV.html

Secondly, your "Maverick" tag is a complete misnomer among today's Christendumb. Your present position is very much going along with the majority party of unbelieving, inerrancy denying Bible Agnostics. But also typical in that you call lightness dark and darkness light. Just like all your "New and Improved bible versions, latest scholarly findings, modern and updated" etc. Call it the opposite of what it really is, and hope the gullible buy into it.

Sorry, M. No sale here. There are far too many Bible believers here who have had their eyes opened to the truth of exactly where God's pure words are found today, and have been for the past almost 400 years. You may have heard of it. It's called the Holy Bible. Also known as the King James Holy Bible.

May God be merciful to you and show you it's absolute truth.

Will K
Old 12-09-2008, 05:37 PM
avbunyan

Quote:
1. It simply means that the *JEWS* were the ones God chose to pen down His word............

2. to believe the Anglican monks were "inspired" by God when translating the inspired Greek and Hebrew,is to believe they met the criteria of Romans 3:1-2..

3.And? That is WHY I chose the name Maverick...it *ALSO* means: "an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party".
1. Well M - just toss out all English versions and stick with the Hebrew-Greek then. How far would that get you?

2. I do not know of any bible (AV) believer who believes those men were inspired. But what they put down under the providential hand of a sovereign was pretty good...to say the least!

3. Oh, you are not a Maverick - you go along with most of apostate "Christianity", Rome, liberals, even the lost , etc. when it come to your view of the AV vs. the modern versions. The Pope would applaud your stand. You should feel quite secure and comfortable knowing these all these folks agree with you when it comes to this issue of authority.

God bless
Old 12-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Maverick

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post

Why are you still here?
To provoke thought,not blind partyline ignorance...
Old 12-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Maverick

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

Maverick, with a dumb comment like this you show that you are either abysmally ignorant or guided by an anti-KJB agenda to say anything convenient.

There is lots of excellent material on the web if you desire to learn about the scholarship and lives and sermons and preaching of the King James Bible translators, Anglican and Puritan both. You can even learn about auxiliary issues, like Samuel Ward (KJB translator) going to the Synod of Dort and the report handed in about the translation.

I have been more or less skipping over your posts as unsubstantive even before. Noticing that your posts were going downhill, I thought it was time to comment briefly.

Shalom,
Steven
Nice....All of this from one that denies the trinity..