Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace to me View Post
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

the all in this verse doesn't mean all without exception it explains it later in the verse , as many as the Lord shall call , Gods word uses the word all in other places to not mean all inclusive ,
Agreed -- "all" is a word defined in its context. So for Titus 2:11, we should see what is being said around the verse. Have you read chapter 1?
Titus 1:10-16 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers... who subvert whole houses... They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate....
So you're going to tell me that "all men" in verse 2:11 actually excludes the men spoken of in verses 1:10-16? That, despite the clear flow of the context, the "the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" really means "all men except the ones mentioned earlier?"

I just don't buy it. Calvinism wants to redefine too many words in the Bible to suit the system of Calvinism.

I asked before how you handle this verse:
Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
I know what I did with this verse when I was still a Calvinist: I ignored it. Eventually I had to come to terms with the fact that Calvinism makes Christ out to be a disingenuous speaker when he offers the water of life freely to whosoever will. Calvinism teaches that Christ, on the one hand, created men wholly unable to respond to the gospel, and on the other hand, insists that men respond to it anyway. I finally had to address the fact that I was in essence calling Christ a liar, for if there is no whosoever will, then Christ was speaking word entirely void. I repented.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Revangelist

We are saved and kept saved by the keeping power of God. God doesn't force us to get saved. He doesn't force us to stay that way either. You had a choice to receive Jesus Christ, you can choose to walk away from Him.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
jerry

Sorry, the Bible teaches GOD HIMSELF keeps us by His power - not by our own power or will.

1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

A truly saved person cannot reject their salvation or the Saviour - even they themself cannot separate themself from the love of God. There are several reasons for this:

1) God regenerates believers and makes them His children - adopted into His family (we cannot be unadopted, unregenerated, or unsaved) - therefore the change is eternal.

2) God chastises His own - a believer could never walk away - they would face the chastening hand of God for their unrepentant sin.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:46 PM

Jerry,

Amen, amen, amen amen,

Thank God for keeping us all saved or we all would end up in hell.

Atlas
Old 03-19-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Jerry,

Amen, amen, amen amen,

Thank God for keeping us all saved or we all would end up in hell.

Atlas
When I think about my own best efforts I have to wonder; how could I ever have any peace if thought I could lose my salvation? What a frightening thought!

Thank God that He gives us peace and assurance!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:52 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Regarding eternal security, first let me say that I believe that unrepentant sin will not result in the loss of salvation (for him already saved), and that God is the Judge and our eternities are in his hands, but what about someone who truly-knowingly denies Christ? Please look at this article,
http://jesus-is-lord.com/walkaway.htm

This article presents the only objections to me accepting the non-calvinist eternal security, that is, PREServation of the saints.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:10 AM

Paladin54,

I read it all my friend. It tells you that you are saved by God but that you keep yourself saved.

Salvation by faith + your works = staying saved. Same ole Catholic song and dance. The Catholics have been singing the song for about 1950 years. It is easy to see why her children the Protestant's song the same old song. They look sound like mommy a lot of the time.

Everyone in the world always wants to add to God works for salvation. The Muslims, Buddhist, and all of the others do it all of the time. You guys think your works can keep you saved. You think you flesh can do good works, and that those works are good enough to keep you saved. You have faith in your own works to keep you saved. You works are as filthy rags. Your works are worthless as far as keeping you saved goes, however you just have to add works into the mix just like everyone else.

If I had to keep myself saved as sinful as my flesh is I'd go to hell for sure. Paul said in the flesh dwells no good thing. I have never saw one person lose their salvation in the Bible. Peter even publicly denied Jesus and he never lost it. King David slept with a mans wife and killed a man and he never lost it. Judas was a 7up christian, never had it never will.

Atlas
Old 03-20-2008, 02:18 AM

Revangelist,

Quote:
We are saved and kept saved by the keeping power of God. God doesn't force us to get saved. He doesn't force us to stay that way either. You had a choice to receive Jesus Christ, you can choose to walk away from Him.
You seem you be saying two things in the same post, Gods keeps us saved but only if we do works to keep yourself saved. You are trying to straddle the fence my friend. It is not working good for you.

So when do we become unborn again? When do we lose our son ship? How exactly can we become unborn again?

I'm going to call my daddy and tell him I am walking away form him and no, longer going to be his son. I was born of him and his works, I can walk away all I like. I am still his child. When I got saved I was born of God's Spirit and his works. I can not become unborn again any more that I can become unborn from my earthly father. This is crazy.

Atlas
Old 03-20-2008, 12:03 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Thanks atlas, pray that I can get this whole thing sorted out. It may takea day or two.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:33 PM

Paladin54,

Quote:
Thanks atlas, pray that I can get this whole thing sorted out. It may takea day or two.
Good luck with that it took me two years to read study and learn the truth.

Atlas