General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:24 AM

You said "in any depth", so there was miscommunication, because I considered "any" to mean that as long as I had looked into both sides even as little as 30 seconds (I spent more than that btw), that would qualify. Am I correct in what you meant to say was "in any significant depth"? The FINAL AUTHORITY idea is interesting, I will look into it some more.

My definition of the Bible is the collection and compilation of God's Scriptures. These Scriptures are originally written in Greek and Hebrew. For me to be able to understand the Scriptures, they must be translated into my language so I can read them, or I can learn Greek and Hebrew to read the Scriptures. A person reading the Scriptures must be able to understand the meaning of the Scriptures for them to be of any use to the person. The actual words of the Scriptures are in Greek and Hebrew. These words were copied in manuscripts.

Is Scripture the actual words, or is Scripture the actual meaning? I believe that you will say that the Scripture is the actual words. If Scripture is the actual words, and if the actual words are in Hebrew and Greek, then no translation should be made, since adding and subtracting words is forbidden, because:

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

We are safer if we just read the words directly from the originals. After all, the King James translators used italics to show where they added words to their translation. As described above, adding words is forbidden to the text.

I believe that Scripture is the meaning. I am going to put this in a future post.

For a person to be able to receive the meaning of Scripture, the person must have the Scriptures translated, or if the person understands Greek and Hebrew then they can actually read the words directly. I will gather my thoughts up more on this part.

I do not believe God considers one specific English translation of the Bible to be the only English translation to be used. I believe that God would expect that men would want to continuously look into the Greek and Hebrew texts for more information regarding his Words. However, believing in such a manner does not make it the correct belief.

So if I understand this, you believe that the FINAL AUTHORITY for the English speaking world is the King James Bible that was printed out in 1611. You have this FINAL AUTHORITY available to use on your website.

I believe that the FINAL AUTHORITY is the very being of God. I am now starting here:

http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-bible-text/Joh-1.html

John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The Word existed in the beginning, and the Word was equivalent to God.

My question: Is the Word still God today?

You consider the FINAL AUTHORITY to be the Word of God preserved in the King James Bible. I consider the FINAL AUTHORITY to be the living being of God. What about this possibility? The FINAL AUTHORITY is the Word of God. Since the Word of God is equal to God, then the FINAL AUTHORITY is equal to God, and therefore is God. Therefore, the FINAL AUTHORITY is God, since "the word was with God, and the Word was God."

Is the FINAL AUTHORITY still the Word? Is the Word still God?

But the word "was" in there means that it is in past tense. Is the Word of God still God? Do you believe that the AV 1611 King James Bible is equivalent to the Word that is presented in John 1:1? Do you believe that the AV 1611 King James Bible is God?

If the Word is equivalent to the AV 1611 King James Bible, then the AV 1611 King James Bible is God.

In programming terms:

type class Diety = {//way beyond our comprehension
};
//God is classified as Diety, God is the Alpha and Omega.

const Diety GOD = <The being of God and all His attributes>;
const Diety WORD_OF_GOD = GOD;
const Diety FINAL_AUTHORITY = WORD_OF_GOD;
//since WORD_OF_GOD == GOD, FINAL_AUTHORITY == GOD
//const is how to declare a constant. God never changes.
//Because God never changes, he is constant.

//For the AV 1611 King James Bible to be equivalent to the Word,
//the AV 1611 King James Bible must be God. Since God never changes,
//the AV 1611 King James Bible must be perfect the first time, and any
//duplication must be a perfect copy of the same one that was printed
//in 1611.

//If the AV 1611 King James Bible changes, even if just one letter changes,
//then God changes. This is a logical contradiction, since God never changes.
//Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob
//are not consumed.

//Is the AV 1611 King James Bible God?

//Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass,
//one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I will try to explain this as best I can. God is a diety, and his fullness is way beyond our comprehension. Since the Word was God, and God never changes, the Word is still God.

For the FINAL AUTHORITY to be the AV 1611 King James Bible, the AV 1611 King James Bible must be God.

I consider Scripture to be the meaning of the words that God has spoken. Here is where I have faith. I have faith that the AV 1611 King James Bible is Scripture. I have faith that the NIV is Scripture. Reading over this now, I realize that I want to have reasoning to support my faith.

Actually, this is why I accept the NIV: I have faith in God, and I seek the mind of God. When I started seeking the mind of God more aggressively around August, I decided to read John in the NIV. When I got to chapter 4, the mind of Jesus was visible in how he interacted with the woman at the well. The actions that Jesus took, not just the actions, but the very person of Jesus described in the NIV matched the being of God I know. Really, personal experience with God is how someone establishes a relationship with God. If I cannot trust my personal experiences as God driven, can I even put my trust in God?

Am I correct in that you believe that God is the AV 1611 King James Bible?

Is FINAL AUTHORITY of Diety classification? Is God of Diety classification?

Do you agree that miracle is God's way of establishing proof? If you do, I would also like to ask God for miracle to be involved with this, because I want God to be able to communicate to us His point of view on this subject.

Long post, and I expect that problems with my reasoning will be found.

Final scriptures:

Matthew 22:35-40:

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I quoted from your AV 1611 King James Bible text because I accept it as Scripture, and I know that you also accept it as Scripture.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-19-2009, 04:28 AM

Default Comedy of Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirandio View Post
You said "in any depth", so there was miscommunication, because I considered "any" to mean that as long as I had looked into both sides even as little as 30 seconds (I spent more than that btw), that would qualify. Am I correct in what you meant to say was "in any significant depth"? The FINAL AUTHORITY idea is interesting, I will look into it some more.

My definition of the Bible is the collection and compilation of God's Scriptures. These Scriptures are originally written in Greek and Hebrew. For me to be able to understand the Scriptures, they must be translated into my language so I can read them, or I can learn Greek and Hebrew to read the Scriptures. A person reading the Scriptures must be able to understand the meaning of the Scriptures for them to be of any use to the person. The actual words of the Scriptures are in Greek and Hebrew. These words were copied in manuscripts.

Is Scripture the actual words, or is Scripture the actual meaning? I believe that you will say that the Scripture is the actual words. If Scripture is the actual words, and if the actual words are in Hebrew and Greek, then no translation should be made, since adding and subtracting words is forbidden, because:

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

We are safer if we just read the words directly from the originals. After all, the King James translators used italics to show where they added words to their translation. As described above, adding words is forbidden to the text.

I believe that Scripture is the meaning. I am going to put this in a future post.

For a person to be able to receive the meaning of Scripture, the person must have the Scriptures translated, or if the person understands Greek and Hebrew then they can actually read the words directly. I will gather my thoughts up more on this part.

I do not believe God considers one specific English translation of the Bible to be the only English translation to be used. I believe that God would expect that men would want to continuously look into the Greek and Hebrew texts for more information regarding his Words. However, believing in such a manner does not make it the correct belief.

So if I understand this, you believe that the FINAL AUTHORITY for the English speaking world is the King James Bible that was printed out in 1611. You have this FINAL AUTHORITY available to use on your website.

I believe that the FINAL AUTHORITY is the very being of God. I am now starting here:

http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-bible-text/Joh-1.html

John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The Word existed in the beginning, and the Word was equivalent to God.

My question: Is the Word still God today?

You consider the FINAL AUTHORITY to be the Word of God preserved in the King James Bible. I consider the FINAL AUTHORITY to be the living being of God. What about this possibility? The FINAL AUTHORITY is the Word of God. Since the Word of God is equal to God, then the FINAL AUTHORITY is equal to God, and therefore is God. Therefore, the FINAL AUTHORITY is God, since "the word was with God, and the Word was God."

Is the FINAL AUTHORITY still the Word? Is the Word still God?

But the word "was" in there means that it is in past tense. Is the Word of God still God? Do you believe that the AV 1611 King James Bible is equivalent to the Word that is presented in John 1:1? Do you believe that the AV 1611 King James Bible is God?

If the Word is equivalent to the AV 1611 King James Bible, then the AV 1611 King James Bible is God.

In programming terms:

};

//in 1611.

//are not consumed.

//Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass,
//one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I will try to explain this as best I can. God is a diety, and his fullness is way beyond our comprehension. Since the Word was God, and God never changes, the Word is still God.

For the FINAL AUTHORITY to be the AV 1611 King James Bible, the AV 1611 King James Bible must be God.

I consider Scripture to be the meaning of the words that God has spoken. Here is where I have faith. I have faith that the AV 1611 King James Bible is Scripture. I have faith that the NIV is Scripture. Reading over this now, I realize that I want to have reasoning to support my faith.

Actually, this is why I accept the NIV: I have faith in God, and I seek the mind of God. When I started seeking the mind of God more aggressively around August, I decided to read John in the NIV. When I got to chapter 4, the mind of Jesus was visible in how he interacted with the woman at the well. The actions that Jesus took, not just the actions, but the very person of Jesus described in the NIV matched the being of God I know. Really, personal experience with God is how someone establishes a relationship with God. If I cannot trust my personal experiences as God driven, can I even put my trust in God?

Am I correct in that you believe that God is the AV 1611 King James Bible?

Is FINAL AUTHORITY of Diety classification? Is God of Diety classification?

Do you agree that miracle is God's way of establishing proof? If you do, I would also like to ask God for miracle to be involved with this, because I want God to be able to communicate to us His point of view on this subject.

Final scriptures:

Matthew 22:35-40:

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I quoted from your AV 1611 King James Bible text because I accept it as Scripture, and I know that you also accept it as Scripture.
Kirandio, if you accept AV1611 KJB as scripture then it is useless to question God's Holy Word. But the fact is you are questioning it and believed that the scripture means to you as "meaning" not actually the words. However, in Proverbs 30:5 stated exactly that the Bible refers to the word/s of God. If you mind, please check the references of verses you made, needless and pointless to say that the scripture/s you mentioned were quoted in an English Bible(KJV), the one you say it does not need to be translated. You are mix upbut I will still pray for you so you can understand God's Holy Word.

Psalms 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
We are safer if we just read the words directly from the originals. After all, the King James translators used italics to show where they added words to their translation. As described above, adding words is forbidden to the
text.
2 Samuel 21:19 And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam.

If we omit the words "the brother of" then we make II Samuel 21:19 contradict I Chronicles 20:5: Which your modern counterfeits do.

1 Chronicles 20:5 And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.

Psalm 16:8 says: "I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."

Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be
moved:

Peter Quotes the Italics here yet Luke does not write them as italic.

WHY Did Peter AND Luke quote these words if they were not in the original manuscripts? should we omit the italics? NOT according to 2 apostles.

Lets look to another apostle on the matter.
Deuteronomy 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn.

Howerver when Paul quotes this verse in 1st Corinthians 9:9
He quotes the italics in Deuteronomy NOT in italics.

1 Corinthians 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

The Italics are a weak argument from any Bible corrector.

Quote:
In programming terms:

};

There you Go adding words that arent in the Bible. Deity (A Roman Catholic term) does not appear in the Holy Bible, the word you are looking for is Godhead, mentioned THREE time in the Bible, your modern counterfeits remove it
entirely

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Quote:
//in 1611.
Revisions of the 1611 have been grammatical and spelling changes NOT

ENTIRE WORD REMOVAL/ADDITION, the ommission of ENTIRE VERSES!

Quote:
//are not consumed.
AS ABOVE!! that is a completely ignorant and weak argument as the MEANING of the words NEVER changed, only how they were spelt, so no, its NOT a logical contradiction its a Bible corrector grasping at straws.

Quote:
You really need to ask such a question?
The AV 1611 contains the inerrant, infallible word of God
I challenge you to points out the errors in the KJB and each and every one will be refuted by this forum, yet my 8 year Old niece (who is Born again yes) knows many of the ERRORS in modern counterfeits with no study, just plain common sense, its there for all to see, those who chose to ignore it such as yourself spend a great deal of time coming to Bible believing forums with the same old weak arguements expecting to show us some revelation on why ALL bibles are the word of God, in spite of their grevious error. I would rather have ONE BOOK on my shelf that I could trust in as Gods preserved words, than a whole bookshelf of badly translated, error laden, philosophy leavened books that I could NOT sincerly hold in my Hand as Gods Book, inerrant, infallible and from this generation FOREVER!

Quote:

The second time you have mentioned the need of a miracle? in regards to this issue? Why are you concluding that we are not saved or in serious trouble with God because we believe that God just so happened to preserve his word in ONE BOOK, not 200 or so flim flam translations. That we need a miracle to put away one book without error, that keeps the name Jesus, that doesn't remove it 38 times in modern counterfeits, that Keeps the Godhead, that Keeps the virgin Birth, that KEEPS THE BLOOD in which we are washed!

To quote that Old wonderful Gospel Hymn
"What can wash away my sin?"
"NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS"

Quote:
because I want God to be able to communicate to us His point of view on this subject.
He has, and he will, through the Bible, through his written word, perfectly preserved without error in the AV1611.

My Question for you:
WHY are YOU here? Why should the Brethren on this forum need a miracle to Put down one Book, error free and embrace Roman Catholic, Greek Philosophy, humanistic leavened modern versions.
Spend your prayer time asking for a Miracle for the lost, those who will die without Christ and spend an eternity in hell, not that Gods people compromise with ecumenical standards. GOD FORBID!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:54 AM

Default Re: " What's wrong with the Paraphrase Bible?"

Kirandio's quote (partial):
Quote:
"You said "in any depth", so there was miscommunication, because I considered "any" to mean that as long as I had looked into both sides even as little as 30 seconds (I spent more than that btw), that would qualify. Am I correct in what you meant to say was "in any significant depth"? The FINAL AUTHORITY idea is interesting, I will look into it some more.

"
Kirandio,

First off, before you start to reply to someone's Thread or Post, it would be far more understandable if you would simply identify who you are replying to. On the other hand, considering what you have Posted thus far - your Posts demonstrate that "clarity" isn't one of your strong "suits, and neither is sincerity or forthrightness.

Most of your reply is Sophistical gibberish and just a whole lot more of "your own private personal opinions”. You try to portray yourself as someone who knows something about the "Which Bible" issue, but your WORDS betray you to be just another disbelieving "Christian" who casts doubt on the truth of God's Holy words and who has NO FINAL AUTHORITY other than "your own private personal opinions”.

Your "your own private personal definition" of the BIBLE is most instructive:
Quote:
"My definition of the Bible is the collection and compilation of God's Scriptures."
So, according to your "opinion" - the "Bible" is NOT A BOOK (that someone can hold in their hands), but a "collection and compilation of God's Scriptures"! According to "your own private personal definition" - the BIBLE is LIMITED to the "originals" and/or the "original languages". And so, according to you, the "BIBLE" equals every single Hebrew and Greek manuscript existing on Earth; whether it is the various available Hebrew manuscripts; or whether it is a scrap (or scraps)of "papyrus" (written in Greek) found in some ancient dump in Egypt; or the corrupt "Codex's" (Uncial - Capital letter Greek manuscripts) Vaticanus (B), Sinaiticus (Aleph), Alexandrinus (A) or the most depraved of all "codex's" - "Bezae" (D); or the thousands of "Cursive" (lower case Greek manuscripts) manuscripts). According to "your own private personal definition": ALL of the above = "THE BIBLE".

But what of the "Greek" Lectionaries? And what about the "church fathers" quotations of Scripture (written in "Greek" - of course!)? Will you "include" them in "your own private personal definition" of "THE BIBLE"?

Can you not see how utterly ridiculous "your own private personal definition" of the BIBLE is? The BIBLE IS A BOOK (that a person can hold in their hands) NOT ALL of the extant manuscripts (only in Hebrew & Greek - of course!), none of which is "COMPLETE", that exist in the world! The BIBLE IS A BOOK (that a person can hold in their hands) that contains ALL of the words of God!

There are "bibles" (books that you can hold in your hand) that contain SOME of the words of God; there are "bibles" (books that you can hold in your hand) that contain MOST of the words of God; and then there is the King James Bible (a BOOK that a person can hold in their hands) which contains ALL of the words of God, exactly as God has preserved them - Perfect, Holy, Inspired, Infallible, and without error.

"Your own private personal definition" of the BIBLE is not only RIDICULOUS, it is also UNTENABLE; that is, it CANNOT be defended - at least NOT by anyone that is in their "right mind"!

"THE BIBLE" is A BOOK that a person can hold in their hands. From 1611 to the middle 1900's the HOLY BIBLE (AV1611/King James Bible) reigned SUPREME amongst Christians of all "Denominations" and "Sects" (and even most of the "Cults" - with the exception of the Catholic Church). In the last 100 years better than 100 versions ("bibles") have been produced in English, and they ALL have one thing in common - They DIFFER (words) from the King James Bible (some MORE than others) and pretty much AGREE (words) with each other.

You are free to choose whichever "bible" you want to use, but don't try to "con" us into thinking that you have anything "new" to add to the "Which Bible" controversy; because so far, all we have seen (your Posts) is the same old Humanistic reasoning - that is: uncertainty, ambiguity, confusion, doubt, distrust, and faithlessness, that we have seen for over 40 years from "Christians" who know very little about the subject, but who have decided the issue, based on their "own private personal opinions”; and who have NO IDEA WHERE God's Holy word is, or WHAT IT IS - and are condemned by their own anemic testimony

You have NO FINAL AUTHORITY other than "your own private personal opinions” and to "PRETEND" that the Incarnate WORD is your "Final Authority", MINUS His Holy written word is the height of hypocrisy, deceit, casuistry, and duplicity! Your very words make a MOCKERY of the very Scriptures you "profess" to believe in!

You're not "interested" in "THE TRUTH", you're interests lay in doubt, uncertainty, and confusion. To put it simply - you are a "Christian" SOPHIST (and not the first one by a long shot), and nothing that we do or say will change that fact! . . . . "be NOT faithless, but believing".

Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Last edited by George; 04-19-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

There are "bibles" (books that you can hold in your hand) that contain SOME of the words of God; there are "bibles" (books that you can hold in your hand) that contain MOST of the words of God; and then there is the King James Bible (a BOOK that a person can hold in their hands) which contains ALL of the words of God, exactly as God has preserved them - Perfect, Holy, Inspired, Infallible, and without error.

"Your own private personal definition" of the BIBLE is not only RIDICULOUS, it is also UNTENABLE; that is, it CANNOT be defended - at least NOT by anyone that is in their "right mind"!
LOL, very good George... I knew where this was headed when he started trying to communicate in "programming terms."

I already added the ALEXANDRIAN CREED way back in post no. 12, and now we see how closely he aligns himself starting with the very first point:

Quote:
THE CREED OF THE ALEXANDRIAN CULT

by Peter Ruckman

1. There is NO FINAL AUTHORITY but God...
Kirandio:
"I believe that the FINAL AUTHORITY is the very being of God."

So there it is---like a dead catfish in the sunlight.
Sure enough, that is EXACTLY what he thinks.
The subject of FINAL AUTHORITY will flush out the game hens every time...

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 04-19-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Default Second Admonition

Kirandio, consider this verse:

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Using Easton Bible Dictionary and I quote "In Tit 3:10 a "heretical person" is one who follows his own self-willed "questions," and who is to be avoided. Heresies thus came to signify self-chosen doctrines not emanating from God (2Pe 2:1).

I pity you and only praying things will change for the last time. Obioviously, Bro. George and Bro. Parrish have already given their second(2nd) admonition thus far and Bro. peopleoftheway made a good points for you. God is watching and His servants too.

Acts 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Habakkuk 2:1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
The subject of FINAL AUTHORITY will flush out the game hens every time...
Good one, Bro. Parrish. This is the litmus test.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Good one, Bro. Parrish. This is the litmus test.
Amen brother,
let's hope this Kirandio can see the light!